Punished for Winning

Options
MaskedMan
MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I couldn't quite get through the Ant-Man Growth industry final fight before but then last night I won an Ant-Man card and POW punch in the face.

Where as with no cards you get all of Ant-Mans powers and he is at least somewhat useful if you actually have him you get the same level 70 character with only 1 level 1 power. Not well thought out.

Comments

• Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    Erm...Most people aren't replaying Big Things One Day Come because it's a giant PITA. But if you want to use the fully covered loaner Ant-Man, just manually select him in the character select screen, like any PVP match.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And I thought things looked a bit different after Enemy of the state finished and I went back to look at the last node for growth industry... well at least I know its not my mind playing tricks on me
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MaskedMan wrote:
    I couldn't quite get through the Ant-Man Growth industry final fight before but then last night I won an Ant-Man card and POW punch in the face.

Where as with no cards you get all of Ant-Mans powers and he is at least somewhat useful if you actually have him you get the same level 70 character with only 1 level 1 power. Not well thought out.

You can still play the fully covered loaner even if you have antman on your roster. . .
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is why we need downvotes.
    Please Santa....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    The OP learned something useful without having to lose any skin for it. Much as I miss downvoting, it would not have contributed much here.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vynyv wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    The OP learned something useful without having to lose any skin for it. Much as I miss downvoting, it would not have contributed much here.

I dunno... while I'm usually one for keeping vitriol and bad mojo out of the forums, there's also a point where people need to be discouraged from elevating complaints (it was not even a question!) for stupid mistaken stuff they could have figured by themselves if they just spent one second looking at the screen.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I dunno... while I'm usually one for keeping vitriol and bad mojo out of the forums, there's also a point where people need to be discouraged from elevating complaints (it was not even a question!) for stupid mistaken stuff they could have figured by themselves if they just spent one second looking at the screen.
    It was a pretty mild complaint as far as complaints go. Besides, who hasn't gone into a battle with their own character when they intended to use the loaner instead? It is quite an annoyance that the game will always select your own character, even if you have been using the loaner for the last dozen battles.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wouldn't think of it as a punishment, but more as a challenge. icon_twisted.gif

Edit: added icon_twisted.gif
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MaskedMan wrote:

Not true for everyone. For high tier players using Ant Man with 1 cover is by far better. All his abilities will be worthless anyways, and it means when other players fight you he won't use his other terrible 1 cover abilities over your much better characters abilities. For example, I chuckled when I played against players who used his 3 of each cover version and watched as Antman meekly hit me with his ants ants ants instead of Luke Cage using Righteous Uppercut.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    MaskedMan wrote:

Not true for everyone. For high tier players using Ant Man with 1 cover is by far better. All his abilities will be worthless anyways, and it means when other players fight you he won't use his other terrible 1 cover abilities over your much better characters abilities. For example, I chuckled when I played against players who used his 3 of each cover version and watched as Antman meekly hit me with his ants ants ants instead of Luke Cage using Righteous Uppercut.

Where can I get a 3/3/3 loaner antman for PVP? I thought this discussion was about PVE.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    MaskedMan wrote:

Where can I get a 3/3/3 loaner antman for PVP? I thought this discussion was about PVE.

They recently changed PVP loaners to give 1/1/1. At least that is what I thought this was about. The OP wasn't very clear.
  • Unknown
    Options
    but more as a challenge.