Back to Grinding

Options
Various38
Various38 Posts: 101
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Okay, I'm still trying to find that sweet spot between gaining points and refreshing properly in PVE and I have noticed something. I noticed today that the top player in my time slice usually goes for a three time run in the beginning then waits to do a refresh and some grinding. Now, that's not a problem to me, but I do question the validity of doing my refresh every 8 hours and then grinding in the last 2 hours. Has anyone here tried to do the PVE events in a different way and got different points/ranks? I'm curious about the methodology of this optimal refresh thing, especially in a 24 hour sub.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Theoretically, the best possible score is to hit each node once (as fast as possible) every 8 hours, and then grinding everything down to 1 at the end finishing the last node just as the event expires.

However, it's not really possible to play that ideal schedule (at least not if you care about things like sleep and food).

I find that 3 full clears and some liberal grinding at the end of each sub is more than enough to stay competitive for top 50 finishes in desirable events.

I have no idea how much routine top-10 finishers play, but it much be even more than that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Various38 wrote:
    Okay, I'm still trying to find that sweet spot between gaining points and refreshing properly in PVE and I have noticed something. I noticed today that the top player in my time slice usually goes for a three time run in the beginning then waits to do a refresh and some grinding. Now, that's not a problem to me, but I do question the validity of doing my refresh every 8 hours and then grinding in the last 2 hours. Has anyone here tried to do the PVE events in a different way and got different points/ranks? I'm curious about the methodology of this optimal refresh thing, especially in a 24 hour sub.
    this is the most efficient way