Jean Grey. Yep...

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
She's a maniac, but just not my cup of tea. But but she's omega level. Yep. So's Sue Storm. Still not my cuppa.

500px-X-Men_Origins_Jean_Grey_Vol_1_1.jpg

jeangreyjscottcampbell.jpg

That's the character I want in the star.pngstar.pngstar.png range of 8650 HPs.

greenflag.png Psionic Disruption. Passive / Active 9 AP.
Jean_Grey_(Earth-616)_training_costume_2.0_from_X-Men_First_Class_Vol_1_1.jpg
Having been attacked, Jean can react. And this will hurt. a LOT. If Jean is attacked, she lashes out, muting the target for one turn.

Rank 2. Mute two enemies one turn.
Rank 3. Mute enemy team for one turn.
Rank 4. Jean deals acute mental damage, causing 3 tiles to be changed to red.
Rank 5. Jean mutes the enemy team 2 turns and converts five random tiles to red.

blueflag.png Telekinesis 7 AP.
3087895-new_1b.jpg
Jean focuses her mind, levitating and charging nearby objects. Select a team-up. Convert it and three others like it to purple AP.

Rank 2. Convert 4.
Rank 3. Convert 5.
Rank 4. Convert 6.
Rank 5. Convert 8.

purpleflag.png Psychokinetic assault. 11 AP.
tumblr_m8dxbb9yHb1rxa5m3o1_1280.png
Insert flavor text here.
Jean deals damage for every purple in play. This is a bit Wolverine's redflag.png but will destroy team-ups at max level. Maybe it's a play on Magneto's Red and Blue. Where Magneto's blueflag.png does damage for every redtile.png and bluetile.png he can swap, his redflag.png destroys team-ups. I want a team-up destroyed for every purple in play. That means you either play smart with her Telekinesis, or you hamper damage here. Additionally, it prevents her from dealing more-than 3* damage out of this ability.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    greenflag.png is kind of inspired! not a stun, but a mute, so not able to use abilities for 2 turns, that would frustrate the heck out of people! Love it! What is the active portion of it?

blueflag.png decent purple battery, and can cause some nice cascades

purpleflag.png Very interesting ability.. not 100% sure what you are working on though.. is this like Moonstone redflag.png or Surgical strike on team ups depending on how many purple in play?

As always, great cover.. That happens to be one of my all time favorite X-Men anything covers!
  • ronin_san
    Options
    With the green, I have in mind to have this cached sort of ability eg Falcon's redwing. The difference is that it consumes the ap, preventing it from going off constantly.

For the purple, I wanted a team-ups and purple swap or possibly a two part attack. Yeah. It is Moonstone's red. But it also could rotate team-ups and purples like Magneto's red. I want it to resemble her levitating large constructs with her mind and flinging it at the enemy.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    With the green, I have in mind to have this cached sort of ability eg Falcon's redwing. The difference is that it consumes the ap, preventing it from going off constantly.

For the purple, I wanted a team-ups and purple swap or possibly a two part attack. Yeah. It is Moonstone's red. But it also could rotate team-ups and purples like Magneto's red. I want it to resemble her levitating large constructs with her mind and flinging it at the enemy.

Got it! So redwing meets Torch green, min AP for it to activate, consumes ap when it does.. very nice.

The purpleflag.png could be an IF/OR type ability.. if X # of purples on the board.. does option 1, if not, option 2, like Cyc black meets Moonstone and Mags!
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    :greenflag: is kind of inspired! not a stun, but a mute, so not able to use abilities for 2 turns, that would frustrate the heck out of people! Love it! What is the active portion of it?

Just to add. I wanted this, "hit me and you will regret it". It is the Phoenix / agent Orange twitch I want; this sort of latent hostility hovering under the surface. That is totally Jean.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You'd definitely need that one to drain AP; otherwise she'd be impossible to take down with anything but match damage. Bleh.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    You'd definitely need that one to drain AP; otherwise she'd be impossible to take down with anything but match damage. Bleh.

Well, it'd take 9 green to land, and it spends the AP if she's hit. It's a spent-AP passive. The way I make sense of it is to call them Requisite abilities, or caveat passives.
  • phoenixrising2791
    Options
    Is Jean Grey the one hinted at the R80 update? Aside from Emma Frost and the others who can read minds, she is the most prominent who can do it. And in fact, she's part of the fan requested character from last year...
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Is Jean Grey the one hinted at the R80 update? Aside from Emma Frost and the others who can read minds, she is the most prominent who can do it. And in fact, she's part of the fan requested character from last year...

Yah, almost certain the hint is jean grey..
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Hahahahaha. I I knew her colors would be the opposite of Scott.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Hahahahaha. I I knew her colors would be the opposite of Scott.

They should give you 1 of each cover!
  • ronin_san
    Options
    I don't parse data for characters. Some things are easily predictable.
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    well, as it turns out, Jean Grey will be on MPQ after all, but it will be the time-displaced teenager Jean instead!

aw man... and I was so looking forward for Dark Phoenix too (she's crazy but hot), and MPQ decides to give us Jean Grey who also happens to have Professor X's blueflag.png ...