wait what just happened

2»

Comments

• Maybe this is why the devs won't allow the interface to have a permanent AP bar cause then the AI won't be able to generate free AP.

Does this happen only on android or only on iOS? On steam there is a permanent AP display, though on an AI's turn it doesn't update until the end.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:
    Maybe this is why the devs won't allow the interface to have a permanent AP bar cause then the AI won't be able to generate free AP.

Does this happen only on android or only on iOS? On steam there is a permanent AP display, though on an AI's turn it doesn't update until the end.

Only ever seen it on Android, the video was also Android.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Also, there has definitely been times where I gained enough AP to use a power (flashes and everything), then on the next turn all of a sudden I am 1 AP short of using the power. I'm not facing Hood or any other AP stealer either. Normally happens if the AI has a Goon on their team. As if, the Goon gains their +1 AP from my AP pool! icon_eek.gif

^ this, this one we at least have video record of. Will try to find it on you-tube and link it, but this happens quite often.. no idea why. I do know OBW steals when she matches, and hood steals etc... but on goon nodes.. should not be happening, but it does. There is an entire thread around here somewhere about people wondering if there is a goon with an AP steal that is not a cd tile somewhere.

This is not confirmation bias, this is just an odd and annoying glitch. The video is one that is showing off a new character using it in DDQ, and an ability is ready then goes away..

Consequently, i have seen it happen to the AI as well, i did not have an AP steal on my team, saw the AI get 2 green matches, cringed waiting for an Ares Onslaught, just to check when it did not happen and see only 5 ap in green..

Yet Ares didn't have 5 Green covers.. I find that odder than the 1 missing AP
  • Punisher5784
    Buret0 wrote:
    Maybe this is why the devs won't allow the interface to have a permanent AP bar cause then the AI won't be able to generate free AP.

I cannot tell you how many times I thought I had enough power to kill the last enemy, only to reduce their health to 1 (yes 1 HP!) then all of sudden they have enough AP to use all of their powers even though I checked prior to see they could not.

Also, there has definitely been times where I gained enough AP to use a power (flashes and everything), then on the next turn all of a sudden I am 1 AP short of using the power. I'm not facing Hood or any other AP stealer either. Normally happens if the AI has a Goon on their team. As if, the Goon gains their +1 AP from my AP pool! icon_eek.gif

Let me guess... it was a blackflag.png power?

There is a display bug that I've noticed with black where it appears that the black AP that you generated on your turn was enough to fire your blackflag.png power, but it was not enough.

It happens with all colors, mostly Green and Red. Black I don't notice much because it's hard to yell with the AP color bar and black AP itself; normally I have enough black AP but I rarely notice except when using Cage cause I like punching ppl in the face!
  • Punisher5784
    daibar wrote:

Android
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    The easiest answer is that the game just decided you needed to lose. Either your account isn't spending enough or you just had a long win streak. No, this isn't conspiracy theories or confirmation bias. We all know this happens. If you disagree, please look at the last few months. What about their actions would lead you to believe they are an honest or respectable company?

They have done reprehensible, verifiably evil things. They release an emergency patch to correct issues that benefit the player. However, when they have an event that they know is bugged, and admit as much on the forms, they still run it. Seriously, you could have just not run it.

DDQ rotates characters. One character has a known bug. Do they simply remove that character from the rotation? Nope! They make sure to add it to the PvE as well!

Why do I have 30 health packs?

So I will leave it to you. Are they an honest company that would never do this, or are they the kind of company that would definitely do this?

• They have done reprehensible, verifiably evil things.

What a terrifically privileged life you must lead if you consider anything game related "Verifiably evil".
  • Besides, with all the numerous glitches in the game do you really believe they have the programming skills to sneak in all these sophisticated cheats? I believe most of what you are seeing is the result of glitches that aren't repeatable in a controlled environment so they get discounted as confirmation bias and subsequently ignored.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Cayasha wrote:
    Besides, with all the numerous glitches in the game do you really believe they have the programming skills to sneak in all these sophisticated cheats? I believe most of what you are seeing is the result of glitches that aren't repeatable in a controlled environment so they get discounted as confirmation bias and subsequently ignored.

Actually, I think this is the root of the whole mess. I have said it before and will say it again, I think the original group that developed this game were a couple of friends with some mild coding skills who decided to make candy crush with marvel heroes. It worked fine at the beginning when there were not a lot of options for players. Then they started tinkering with it to make it "better" and more "fun" and what eventually happens when you continuously patch software instead of just remaking it is what we have here...unintended consequences. I don't think the developers are trying to cheat us, because lets be honest, if they wanted to, they could do it better or are already doing it better. The average phone game probably lasts about 6 months or less. They usually make a few bucks and off they go for the next one. This game has now been going on for 1.5 years and I bet they never planned on it getting this far. They are just riding the wave until it implodes or they are completely bought out and an evil empire like disney takes over.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    The weekly AI is cheating thread. How about we wait until someone can actually record a match and link a video so we can see it. We all have had bad matches, but there is no concrete proof of magical AP and cascades... unless someone can prove otherwise.

just my 2 cents.

The thread needs a shave...
    96b4756b-ab62-412c-85f9-f35510df53c4.png
  • since it was about five in a row). It's never happened since, so that's once in 337 days.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    The weekly AI is cheating thread. How about we wait until someone can actually record a match and link a video so we can see it. We all have had bad matches, but there is no concrete proof of magical AP and cascades... unless someone can prove otherwise.

just my 2 cents.

Ares just cast Onslaught on me twice in a row.

EDIT: In 7 turns he cast it on me 4 times. What were you saying again?
  • The -1ap thing really annoys me, and it doesn't even needs to be between turns, I've lost 1ap after using another power before. The funny thing is, last time this happened it was with my LCap red so I could clearly see the red bar flashing before casting his blue then I couldn't anymore.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

just my 2 cents.

Ares just cast Onslaught on me twice in a row.

EDIT: In 7 turns he cast it on me 4 times. What were you saying again?

I think he was saying reading skills.

No, wait. That's what I'm saying. Herp a derp derp.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never personally really noticed this happen before, but the cases generally seem centered around specific characters (Ares, for example), so it feels maybe like perhaps there's something going weird in at least some cases.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    There has been several occasions where i wondered how they got the AP to cast a skill but last week i had a case were i checked their ap before finishing my move and it was far from usable, i made my move and they still hit me...twice. I'm a sceptic about the cheating cascades stuff but I have to agree on this one now obviously. But no, i don't video my iPad while playing so i have to hope somebody else catches this on film sometime.