Forum gets grumpy near the end of 7 day events!

Options
Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just something i have noticed in the past.. the last 2 days of a major release w/ attached 7 day event.. the forum gets all sorts of angry, crazy, weird, surreal.

Devs, take note.. This is what a 7 day hardcore grind leads to... minds lost..

On a side note, IT ENDS TODAY!

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phew, this isn't about me.
  • Unknown
    Options

There he is! GET HIM!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    What are you talking about!!1!!one! icon_twisted.gificon_evil.gificon_twisted.gif
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well what do you expect when they ran 6 subs, with only first one being 48 hours long. The rest 24 hours!!! And on top of it survival nodes, so instead of grinding max 3 hr you need to do it for additional 2 hr. Previous sub last survival node took 1hr to be ground down to 1!!! And there were 4 survival nodes - that did take less time, but non the less just to clear all survival nodes took more than 3hr, and you still needed to do the rest. They couldnt pick worst event for 4* introduction (antman GI i dont count, as it was just one cover).

Please devs consider when running EotS next time to make it that survival nodes need only 3 clears to be ground down to 1, and it would be more playable than it already is. I already said somewhere that 7 days pve, should have something like 3-2-1-1 subs or 2-2-2-1 subs but even the fix with clears could be the step in the right direction.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    elvy75 wrote:
    Well what do you expect when they ran 6 subs, with only first one being 48 hours long. The rest 24 hours!!! And on top of it survival nodes, so instead of grinding max 3 hr you need to do it for additional 2 hr.
    Well, just to play devil's advocate, having a grind this long is a good way for the OCD folks to open up some daylight, like the way it used to be in the 2.5 hour refresh days. In those last two subs, my cushion over 3rd place went from 4k to 8k to 12k. My personal preference is to know I can get the covers by working harder, and not lose out because someone with a nerfed roster can do their clears way faster than I can.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Ariakos wrote:

There he is! GET HIM!

I think you took a whack at me the last pvp, grumpy. So I need to pay you back for that. icon_twisted.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EoTS has really made me appreciate the health packs i get from the vault. Wish i could separate them so my original 10 refresh, but that is another issue.

Good luck to all, the event is nearing it's end!
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    sometimes RL gets in the way of your semi perfect grind to stay in the top 20-30 then you miss grinding down nodes in the last hours of the second to last sub event now your at 60th place. a weeks worth of grinding screwed up cause of 3 hours missed. that can get people pretty grumpy, but i wouldn't know that. icon_cool.gif

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Heartburn wrote:
    sometimes RL gets in the way of your semi perfect grind to stay in the top 20-30 then you miss grinding down nodes in the last hours of the second to last sub event now your at 60th place. a weeks worth of grinding screwed up cause of 3 hours missed. that can get people pretty grumpy, but i wouldn't know that. icon_cool.gif

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Having finished at 106, I feel your pain. 7 days of grinding almost a waste bcs I couldn't complete one last Triumph node before noon. Scoring 172k v. a 70k final progression for 1 3* cover is awful.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    Thanks to Growth Industry I decided to improve my quality of life and did not participate in this seven day event.

Growth Industry, making the world a better place !
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm honestly amazed that people even play these 7 day events.

I mean, short of D3 offering to take over my mortgage payments for a month or two, I can't think of anything they could offer to make it worthwhile.

One single card? A chance at 3 cards? For 7 days? 3 times each day at 8 hour intervals? With 1-2 hours at the end of each sub? For one card? Yeah, not so much.

DBC
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I used to like EotS... but after grinding for 6 days to stay in the top 10, I hope to never see a new character release for this event ever again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm sooooo tired. I mean, I've never stayed in top 100 so consistently but this ridiculousness has made me rethink joining other PvEs, even PvPs.

Should've had more progression awards at least. I hit 70k a long time ago and I'm a newbie. Maybe a larger bracket of good prizes. I'm only in it because I need hp and I'm in too deep.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    the last 2 days of a major release w/ attached 7 day event.. the forum gets all sorts of angry, crazy, weird, surreal.
    See also end of season.
    And PVP events with new characters as rewards.
    And days that end in "y".
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Based on my experience of diminishing returns I stopped bothering trying to grind the first few days. Nodes are worth less overall and you can take a break. You have to grind at the end of the event because the node values are so much greater but it can't all be a free ride.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You know what would be nice?

After you double, triple or quadrupedal the maximum prog reward, you get a prize. At this point I don't even care if it's simply iso, to be honest, just something that happens if you manage to get there.

While we're discussing reward structures, how about a 4* cover in the prog rewards? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Better suggestion. How about we stop competing in Pve for rewards.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got t100 so yay. OTOH, never again! That wasn't fun anymore.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Better suggestion. How about we stop competing in Pve for rewards.

I did. Joined the event two out of seven days in, saw people had already passed the top progression reward and immediately closed the game. That **** just isn't fun.

In other news, this week's tavern brawl in Hearthstone is one of the best ones they've had! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    that can get people pretty grumpy, but i wouldn't know that.