Game crash on match start bug is back again...

_RiO_
_RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
Steam client, Win7 64bit.

The very same bug has been happening on and off over the course of R38 - R46, then went away for R47 - R48. Now it's back on R 49 again.

Same as always; the bug is accompanied by a very audible hitch in the audio as if it 'hangs' for a moment while the initial grid of tiles drops into place. This is followed by the entire application crashing as soon as the player turn starts. Inspecting the crash reveals it is, like before, crashing with an errror code of 0x000005 which is the general error for trying to read/write unallocated memory, i.e. , triggering a segmentation fault.

Comments

• I have this same issue. It is not that common for me (~3-10 days), but every once in a while the match will start, i cant click anything then it crashes. I have been fortunate so far to avoid having this happen at a very terrible time. If there's any information i could capture to help with this, i would be glad to.

Faulting application name: Marvel Puzzle Quest.exe, version: 81.0.4.33764, time stamp: 0x55b8f53e
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18933, time stamp: 0x55a69e20
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    happened to me at the end of the Pool Party tourney, and turned a 41 pt win into a 25 point loss. Had to burn healthpacks to get it back and missed my covers.