Cover trading- a new idea

Spider-man 6234
Spider-man 6234 Posts: 409
I know it get's mentioned every so often, and some people are wholeheartedly against it, but I think the devs should take a look at a possible system to allow cover trading.

Basically it's kind of like shield cooldowns. Only with covers you have to wait a longer amount of time. Say I have a Blade purple. My blade is already maxed and I'm not interested in starting another (To much hp for another roster slot). Well Freddy in my alliance needs another blade purple for his. So what do I do I trade mine to him for 500 iso, thereby giving him a much needed cover and helping out someone who has a weaker roster.

Then the naysayers cry, " But this will cause pandemonium and there will be no need to pay hp and people will have so many duplicate accounts so they can have one mega account!" True. IF you were allowed to trade freely with no time limit.

See I just traded freddy a 3 star.png . Now having done that I have to wait an entire month before I can give someone else or receive a 3 star.png . With 4 star.png it would be two months. 2 star.png one week. And maybe five minutes if its a one star icon_e_wink.gif . This system would work because a) you have a long time limit so that you can either give or receive 12 3 star.png in a year (Even less four star.png ) So let the puncturing begin.

Comments

• I'm down for this. I have 3 star iron man, squirrel girl, and Thor just chillin and I don't think it's fair that I get so little back for selling it. I agree on the trade limit per month or maybe week but a limit must be imposed in order to keep the cheaters from taking advantage. Or even have a system that knows what covers you are maxed out on and only allow the excess ones be used for trade. If the cover can used for an upgrade then the trade feature isn't active for it. I've gotten the same cover for grey suit black widow twice in one day that was already maxed. I felt jipped.
  • Players of an alliance can trade / gift a cover of any star.png level up to once a day. A measure to prevent alliance hopping just for covers is to force a player to be a part of an alliance for at least 3 days before any covers could be sent to them.

My reasoning for a time limit of once a day is that:

1) Covers expire in 14 days.
    2) DDQ is daily and some people (like me) are getting covers they don't need constantly.
    3) You would want to assist your alliance in any way possible especially for events that require that 2 star you sold and no longer have.

I personally would be more in favor of a "gift a cover" feature over a trade system that allows players to request how much iso should be given for a cover as that could hurt the game more. This is mostly because I am the type of person that would freely help someone without strings attached. Plus, if you got it for free, why not give it for free.

On the flip side a trade system of static iso for cover would be ok.

4 star.png for 1000 iso
    3 star.png for 500 iso
    2 star.png for 250 iso
    1 star.png for 100 iso

As this is what you would have sold the cover for anyway.
  • Players of an alliance can trade / gift a cover of any star.png level up to once a day. A measure to prevent alliance hopping just for covers is to force a player to be a part of an alliance for at least 3 days before any covers could be sent to them.

My reasoning for a time limit of once a day is that:

1) Covers expire in 14 days.
    2) DDQ is daily and some people (like me) are getting covers they don't need constantly.
    3) You would want to assist your alliance in any way possible especially for events that require that 2 star you sold and no longer have.

I personally would be more in favor of a "gift a cover" feature over a trade system that allows players to request how much iso should be given for a cover as that could hurt the game more. This is mostly because I am the type of person that would freely help someone without strings attached. Plus, if you got it for free, why not give it for free.

On the flip side a trade system of static iso for cover would be ok.

4 star.png for 1000 iso
    3 star.png for 500 iso
    2 star.png for 250 iso
    1 star.png for 100 iso

As this is what you would have sold the cover for anyway.

The reason for the longer time period is so that there is not simply an influx of people who just sit around and wait for different alliance members who can give them the cover. It still encourages them to play events and doesn't make it a new avenue for the majority of covers to be gained. A one day time limit would cause players to rely on the trade system more than their own skills in pve and pvp. True covers only last for 14 days, but that just means your going to have to choose more carefully which covers to gift.

As far as the static iso, I whole heartedly agree with you about this. Players shouldn't be able to extort iso from other players, and if they aren't happy with just simply helping out an alliance mate for the same price as if they just sold it, then they need to get a heart.
  • Yeah it's frustrating pulling a gold and it's a cover you've already fully covered. Worse when you pull a cover for a character you have already a maxed color. Eg your IF is on 3/4/5 for ages and you pull a black!!

Personally, I'd like the option to swap the black cover to a purple at maybe 1/3 the HP required to buy the cover, around 400hp? Even better if it can be changed with ISO!
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    How about a game wide trading post? Let's face it, if they only allowed trading within an alliance people would just create trading post alliances and meet there to do their trades.

Or re-rolling? Got a 3* you don't want? For 50 hp you can get another 3* cover. Might not be the one you want but hey you can keep re-rolling.