Hey, IceIX (or any other devs)

Options
2»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ThePLAV wrote:
    I just spent a token (Moonstone) specifically to double-check this.

You can skip the ticking by tapping the screen again.

The mouse on my laptop isn't always that cooperative!

Case in point: double-click quickly to try to SKIP the **** thing.

lol no

"want Doom? Can't have him. Oh, hey, how about Squirrel Girl? Ha, right. You're funny. Have a 2* Thor."

Seriously, whoever thought that animation would be a cool addition needs to go DIAF, ASAP.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    I feel like the animation's "tease," combined with the lack of user control over payout, unnecessarily beats down most users, though.

This tease tactic is used a LOT in gaming.

The roulette wheel in vault is effectively no different than Link's chest opening animation in a Zelda game (great another green rupee), Diablo's unidentified item system (oh look my 50th useless drop in a row), Heathstones entire pack opening and card flip animation sequence and more.

These things only beat you down because you let them. You can click to skip the animation entirely if doesn't enhance things for you. In the games mentioned above you can't even skip to the point. As such, I'd say MPQ does it better.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel as if the vault tacos are worse despite the vaults purpose of increasing our odds for better rewards. Under the original system, I use to open a weeks worth of tacos to pull at least 2 3*s. Now with the new vault, last week I opened 20 tacos and got no 3*s characters. However, I did open 1500 HP (1000+250+250) which is enough to buy any 3* cover I want, but in reality it paid for my Antman roster slot. I'm not too fond of the vault thus far and I would like to see improvement as I hate being teased a 4* Thor only to open the 2* one.

I have read other players ideas, it would be cool to see a "Try Again" token. Reduce some of the 2*'s with these "Try Again" tokens or replace some 2*'s with boosts. There's just too many 2*'s in the vault for me to get excited about every time I earn a token.

love the vault i been pulling at least

2 3 stars
    2 5 health packs
    per week
    been 4 weeks since i hit HP but still doing better