Increased time for "8 hour" shields?

Options
Has there ever been any discussion about increasing the mid-end PvP shield to 9, 10, or 12 hours?

I think this would be a welcome change for a lot of folks. I don't know about others, but I usually drop an 8 hour right before bed, and set an alarm to make sure I'm up before it falls off. I'm sure that there are others that wouldn't mind being able to get a full 8 of sleep, or put in a full shift at work, without having to be concerned about getting to the phone at some point.

Not necessarily a game balance issue, just something to make playing at the higher end a smidge less life-altering.

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Impressive denouement icon_e_wink.gif I went on a sleep awareness course at work last week, the upshot is we need at least 7 - 9 hours every night to stay well. Based on the time it takes me to get ready for bed and wake up, 10 hours would suit me very well icon_e_smile.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still think the shield cool down timer should be <= the length of the shield. There is no reason a 3 hour shield should take 8 hours to cool down.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wouldn't mind that as long as they don't increase the shield cooldown time or HP cost to match. icon_razz.gif

But yeah, that is a good point. If I throw up an 8 hour shield before bed, I always end up having up wake up earlier than I would naturally. Something like 12 hours would be better (I prefer that to 9 or 10 since it's a multiple of 24)

On a related note, I think they should do away with 300 HP 24 hour shields and have a cheaper, shorter shield, say, 225 HP for 18 hours. I never use 24 hour shields for the full time and the only reason I would use it anyway is for shield hopping because the other 2 shields are cooling.