When to transition to the 4* realm

Options
I have 14 maxed 3*s and KK will be done after LR this week. I have EVERY 3* properly covered except for 2. I have three 4*s properly covered but not maxed. When is the point where focusing on 4* leveling is priority?

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Well, which 4*'s do you have covered? HB/XF/4Thor will all be quite useful. I can't speak for KP/Carnage, but I'd say leave Elektra/Starlord/IW for the very bottom of your to do list. I'd want to level a couple just to have when they're boosted.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Prof x/hb/SL are all ready to go to 270
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    It depends on whether you play pve or not. If you do, personal scaling will affect the enemy level that you'll encounter. If you look at my roster (check the link in my sig), you'll note that my highest level character is a 181 xf and that is by design due to pve scaling consideration. My roster level works out for me as I'm top 20 in Eots right now, but strong enough to break 1,000 points in pvp as well.

My best advice is to level up your 4 star.png in lockstep, everyone to 166. And then slowly bring up your 4s higher while paying attention to pve difficulty.
  • Unknown
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    It depends on whether you play pve or not. If you do, personal scaling will affect the enemy level that you'll encounter. If you look at my roster (check the link in my sig), you'll note that my highest level character is a 181 xf and that is by design due to pve scaling consideration. My roster level works out for me as I'm top 20 in Eots right now, but strong enough to break 1,000 points in pvp as well.

My best advice is to level up your 4 star.png in lockstep, everyone to 166. And then slowly bring up your 4s higher while paying attention to pve difficulty.

I only play PvE on occasion and I never attempt top 100. Grinding is not worth the reward when I can get to 1k in PvP with little work. I pretty much do PvE for the progression rewards. Otherwise it is not worth my time.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    traedoril wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

I only play PvE on occasion and I never attempt top 100. Grinding is not worth the reward when I can get to 1k in PvP with little work. I pretty much do PvE for the progression rewards. Otherwise it is not worth my time.

In that case, you should have transitioned already. I mean, I personally wouldn't max SL, I might bring him to 200 if he's max covered. That's about the same cost as maxing a 3*. I'd only max PX/IMHB for now.

After that look to 4Thor, XForce, Fury, or Carnage. Then the rest.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is IF one of your maxed 3*s? If so, getting HB usable is a no brainer
  • Unknown
    Options
    woopie wrote:

Cage/IF/SW/Cyc/Gamora/LCap/Doom/LThor/CMag/Panther/Hood/Doc Ock are all maxed and KK is my current one on the way up.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    traedoril wrote:
    woopie wrote:

Cage/IF/SW/Cyc/Gamora/LCap/Doom/LThor/CMag/Panther/Hood/Doc Ock are all maxed and KK is my current one on the way up.

IF/HB is a great team for late PVP hops. Has the potential to drain health packs but wins can be very quick and a bad board for someone else can get you a nice D win
  • Unknown
    Options
    If it's anything like the 3* transition, one day you'll get to the point that there simply aren't any 3* covers left you need, at which point you'll change your playstyle to maximize your chances of getting 4* covers. The week before they started DDQ, I was wondering why I wasn't getting any good 2* covers & had 100K saved up. I checked my roster, and I had every single 1 & 2* hero maxed and covered (except Bagman). From that point on, I focused solely on 3* characters. I now have about 8 3* heroes maxed and covered, and am already selling off the 2*'s to make way for new 3 & 4* characters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm going to start taking the transition more seriously now. What triggered?

Just understanding what direction the game is going. I only have XF and IW fully covered, Fury and DD @ 8, and none of the others are worth mentioning. I didn't care about the 4*s really as I was still fleshing out my 3*, but then I remembered what happend to all my 2*s as I made the transition, I started selling them, and then if it was for DDQ, I stopped playing them.

Why should I plug away at 3*, if its obvious the game is headed towards 3*s?

I had already brought all my 3*s to 120 (that were covered) and there are a few that I am pushing to 166 like Cage & Cyc, but moving forward, I'm just going to focus on getting my 4* game strong.
    - Unreall
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As the UFC says:

The time is now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    u transition when u have a 13 cover 4* character, u can make exceptions for 5 blueflag.png charles or 8-10 cover min Hulkbust
  • Unknown
    Options
    I had every single 1 & 2* hero maxed and covered (except Bagman). From that point on, I focused solely on 3* characters. I now have about 8 3* heroes maxed and covered, and am already selling off the 2*'s to make way for new 3 & 4* characters.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would take HB/PX to 250, but only if most of the best 3*s are maxed or you have spare iso after taking them both to 250. I say 250 because the gap from 250 to 270 is 100kish ISO and the 20 levels is insignificant by comparison, not to mention 270 PVE scaling.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    its time to transition, get your hb to 250 (270 is just for scary factor, and if you really want him maxed) and get your px to 220, if you have 5 blue, as you will use him mostly with sw and gsbw and he needs them to tank purple for combination to work.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fear is important though. When I saw a lvl 350 XF, I hit 'skip' before I even saw that loki was like lvl 90 haha. Is 100k a lot, yep, but unless you have got someone else who's like a top 15 at a MINIMUM if not top 10 - who needs that ISO, I'd argue you might get your return back in sheer defense.
    - Unreall
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My plan for when I get there is to not upgrade any of my 4*s past 166 until a bunch are ready to go and I fully understand the implications. I stuck my nose out too far going from 2* to 3* and I wont make that mistake again. Had a really rough time for awhile.
  • Unknown
    Options
    snlf25 wrote:
    My plan for when I get there is to not upgrade any of my 4*s past 166 until a bunch are ready to go and I fully understand the implications. I stuck my nose out too far going from 2* to 3* and I wont make that mistake again. Had a really rough time for awhile.
    I got my 4s to 170 for that reason...the downfall though is that while fully covered, that's like having my XF at like lvl 102 compared to 3*s. At this point in the game, if you level a 4*, level the 4* to like 200-220 at least.
    - Unreall
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Options
    If your main focus is PvP then it's a perfect time to make the transition as you have some of the best 4* fully covered. If your focus is on PvE then there really isn't a good time to transition as the scaling is too unbalanced and punishes you for having maxed 4*s.