In support of 2 day subs and tokens

Options
udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I love 2 day subs. At first I was thinking that the only downside to the two day subs is that you miss out on a token, but then you went and put a token in the last node. If you're really grinding then you'll clear out all rewards, so there's some loss there, but to not have to do the end of sub grind everyday is well worth it.

Please give me more 2 day subs. Make a 4 day event be 2/2, make a 3 day event 2/1, make a 7 day event 2/2/2/1, or even get crazy with a 3/2/1/1. Put event tokens in the final node of each one and everyone is happy (not possible, yeah, I know icon_lol.gif ).

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Please give me more 2 day subs.
    Only if they put 8 prizes in each node, and stop using the f'ing RNG to give me 20 ISO on my 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th and 10th clear.
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Please give me more 2 day subs.
    Only if they put 8 prizes in each node, and stop using the f'ing RNG to give me 20 ISO on my 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th and 10th clear.

I've hated the "RNG 20" since the first day I downloaded this game. I still don't understand how someone thought that was a good idea, let alone how it is still there 1.5 years later.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, definitely in favor of 48 hour subs.

Can we also please reduce the number of nodes to clear at the end of a sub from 54 down to something reasonable? Even at an average of 2:30 per clear, that's 135 minutes. Oh and then there's 9 more to start the next sub too.

That's the destroyer of worlds.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    At first I was thinking that the only downside to the two day subs is that you miss out on a token, but then you went and put a token in the last node.

Actually, all EotS subs except 1 (second to last? Can't remember) have that token at the end, even the one day subs. So, yeah, losing the token is still a downside.

Maybe if they just get rid of the refresh entirely, and let us grind down the stacks at our own leisure? I don't know.
  • Unknown
    Options
    plz don't do 2 day subs they're very ZzzzzzzZ
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Keep 24 hour sub's and truncate all PvE events to 4 days. A quicker turnaround is better for all. Nearly 2 events per week is surely better than 1 every 2 days.
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Keep 24 hour sub's and truncate all PvE events to 4 days. A quicker turnaround is better for all. Nearly 2 events per week is surely better than 1 every 2 days.

Agreed, I should have put that in the OP. I'd much rather have more events that are shorter. Just alternate between 4 days & 3 day events, rinse, repeat.
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    Options
    -Remove 1-day nodes in favor of 2-day nodes
    -Make all PVEs 2 or 4 days long (taking a whole week out of my life is impossible)
    -DEATH TO RNG 20
    -Double rewards per node (8 clears per node over 2 days to get all rewards, casuals will get 4-6 clears)

Being forced to log in 3 times a day for a single event is bad.
    That 4 hour grind between events is worse.
    Having to keep it up for a whole week is WORST.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    I just hate the fact that I usually grind until I wipe work my Essentials, then have to TURN AROUND and do yet another sub with them.

The choices of "lulz use health packs / gimme yer $$$" or "miss half of a refresh, waiting for your characters to heal" is simply not okay.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    id like 48 hr subs for events longer than 3 days. something like 2221 for 7 days pve, 211 for 4 days, and 111 for 3 days. EotS is specifically bad as it has survival nodes, and you must grind anywhere between 3.5-4.5 hours, which is a lot to do every day!!!
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The grind at the end of 1 day subs is killing me, and my desire to play this game competitively. Because the most important time is the 3 hour plus clear to grind nodes to 1, if you want to place top 10, or better.

On a 2 day sub, that isn't so brutal. An extra 3 hours every 2 days my social and work life can deal with, but every day is way too much.

I usually enjoy the survival wave nodes, except when its grinding to 1 time, then I need over 4 hours to do the final clear. Then the new event starts and its 40 minutes easy because my brain is fried from playing so much.

Something needs to change.

Progression only PVE

OR

A way to play at your own pace somehow. Please community give the devs ideas, why do I have to play for 3 - 4 hours in a row to grind nodes optimally, instead of being able to spread those hours out throughout the day.

It makes a game change from fun, to work. And no one wants a 2nd, or 3rd or 4th job here I doubt.

We know its our choice to play so much, but it becomes a point of play stupid ungodly hours for a reward that is good, or just a lot of hours for nothing great, or a very little time for whatever reason and reward that is left.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    Yes to everything above. This EotS is probably the last PvE I'm doing for a long long time as these grind downs are killing me. I gave 3 hours to the grind-down today and still left probably 2000 points on the board from survival nodes. Hell, I got excited from the new sub which is just constant feeders and Wolvie/Gorgon because i'll be able to grind it down in like 2 hours...

The 2 day sub was doable, and actually gave more HP to t10... More of that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't have a problem with sub duration, but what I would like to see, is 12h refresh intervals for subs instead of the 8h we have now. It's bad enough events are 4-7 days of non-stop gaming, having to play at least 3 times a day is far from ideal for our social life and our sanity.
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    I don't have a problem with sub duration, but what I would like to see, is 12h refresh intervals for subs instead of the 8h we have now. It's bad enough events are 4-7 days of non-stop gaming, having to play at least 3 times a day is far from ideal for our social life and our sanity.

Ok, I'm gonna go pants-on-head crazy here: what about a 24h refresh. That means 2 day subs would only refresh once and 1 day subs wouldn't refresh at all.

The scores at the top would bunch up like crazy, but it would take a lot less time. To me it would still be interesting because the strategy would be to do one full immediate clear and then wait as long as possible before the final grind down while leaving yourself just enough time to grind down more than anyone else.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:

will never happen pretty sure they said PVE will always run on a weekly plan

They need to stick to 3 and 4 day events only...

Maybe
    Thursday to monday
    Monday to thursday

Weekday event and weekend events.

if they want to make 4 Stars a week event how about doing back to back events...
    thurs to monday and then a monday to thur with the same needed people with the same rewards..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just alternate between 4 days & 3 day events, rinse, repeat.