iOS Update - R79.1 (07/13/15)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings,

A small update went into the game today for iOS users.

R79.1

- Fixed an issue that randomly corrupts local saves for some users on iOS 8.4.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Thanks.

But as an android user with issues since May in the game stability, this totally sucks.

I haven't had a response from customer service in almost a month about android issues.
    It took almost a month to get a patch that allowed some android players to get past the loading screen.
    There has been barely any communication from the devs about android stuff.

When iOS had problems a few weeks back, there were immediate posts from the devs acknowledging it and a fix was in place just after 48 hrs had passed. Why can't other players have this kind of communication?

This game is now more frustrating than fun...
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    David, thanks so much for the update! I deleted the app from my iPad several times trying to fix it. Now I'm back on the big screen because of this patch. Kudos!!!
  • practicalm
    practicalm Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    And this update trashed my saved game. Is an email to support going to restore my game or am I out the time and expense?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My game crashed yesterday. I tried the update today and Nada. I uninstalled the game, shut down my iPad, reinstalled the game and still nothing. icon_cry.gif
    I can still play on my iPhone and because of that I found out that I lost rewards that I pulled on my iPad before the game crashed. I have a ticket with customer support.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    David, are ya'll aware that the game is still choosing the incorrect characters, after loaners?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    When iOS had problems a few weeks back, there were immediate posts from the devs acknowledging it and a fix was in place just after 48 hrs had passed. Why can't other players have this kind of communication?

The devs continue working on fixes for those still having Android issues. Fixes have worked for some players, unfortunately, not for others. Code was recently added to the game to provide us with better knowledge of what may be occurring. Sorry, there isn't further info to provide right now other than we're still aware and working on it.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    practicalm wrote:
    And this update trashed my saved game. Is an email to support going to restore my game or am I out the time and expense?

Hi. Support can help you with a restore fairly quickly. Do please put in a ticket:
    http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support

Thanks.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    David, are ya'll aware that the game is still choosing the incorrect characters, after loaners?

I'll pass along the info that it's still occurring for you. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Not David, but yes, we're aware of the bug. Luckily, 99% of the time players can just select the correct character and they'll get added anyway. So it's a flashback to around R40-ish when we hadn't implemented auto-adding yet. Nostalgia, as designed? icon_razz.gif

But really, known issue, we'll get a fix in for it.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Not David, but yes, we're aware of the bug. Luckily, 99% of the time players can just select the correct character and they'll get added anyway. So it's a flashback to around R40-ish when we hadn't implemented auto-adding yet. Nostalgia, as designed? icon_razz.gif

Hey IceIX, a bit off-topic, but necessary I believe, so let me address this while you are around: We've been for a while in an all-time low period of communication from "red-names"; new characters, features and events appear in the game without previous announcement and some get barely a passing mention. Other than very sterile and generally unexciting Updates announcements we are in the dark about the future of MPQ, though I'm sure you guys have lots of stuff in the works and planned. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled by those days where Will, Kabir and you posted stuff every other day and sure you guys are pretty busy but I think we need a bit more interaction with you guys. It is a conceit new to the game industry, but hardly inescapable now, so we your fans are expecting it!
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    Using Ipad (did update yesterday) and smartphone, today my progress with Ipad from yesterday wasnt available on smartphone, only some k iso grinding wasnt saved, but still makes me sad...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Not sure if you read the solo challenge, but if you could at least give us a way to 'deselect' characters to intentionally run a team of fewer than three, I would appreciate it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally go the game to load on my iPad but I still don't have my progression rewards from idol of millions from 725-1000, the individual rewards for top 25 and lost blue fury and a black quicksilver. Come on customer service, no whammies, no whammies
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Luckily, 99% of the time players can just select the correct character and they'll get added anyway. So it's a flashback to around R40-ish when we hadn't implemented auto-adding yet. Nostalgia, as designed? icon_razz.gif

Your snark is never appreciated. Just so you know.
  • Unknown
    Options
    we are allowed to do so in down votes? A mess.