Rock Solid not firing when supposed to

JVReal
JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
Was playing the Idol of Millions PVP with the loaner of Thing, and was surprised that during the entire event, his Rock Solid only activated 1 time despite many attacks that exceeded the 1K damage limit. DareDevil used Radar sense destroying several strike tiles I had out, causing over 2K in damage at one time, and Thing just sat back and watched.

The one and only time he jumped in was when someone did an attack that had a pre-defined damage amount that exceeded the limit stated in the description (CtS Thor). Is there a problem with calculated damage outputs like DD where it is damage subject to the number of tiles, etc? Does it consider that 'collective' damage?

I know for a fact that when I fought the nodes with Thing, and Deadpool, when I had a cascade they took turns hopping back and forth when they were on the opposing team, so I really don't know what you use for criteria when it comes to determining when he jumps out and when he doesn't.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did the loaner Thing have more life than your other characters? I didn't see it much either because I was using maxed allies with way more than 6K life.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Radar sense is a tricky one, i have seen DP ignore it as well. I think since the damage is per tile destroyed, it is like speed shot, counts as separate damage per tile (not 100% on this).