No way in hell I would ever pay 200 HP for an event token

20three
20three Posts: 371
Why do they need to be so expensive? They have basically the same odds on 2 v 3 star characters as heroic recruit yet they are double the price? Why is that exactly? Whenever I win one from an event, I consider it slightly more valuable as a standard token because I already know not only I'm gonna get a 2 star character, but also which one it is because there's more than a 1 in 10 chance I will! Seriously, either improve the odds or lower the price.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is expensive. I did like it when they sold independence vault tokens for 50 hp though. Because even if you won ****, it improved your odds of winning a better prize on subsequent draws. After around 10 draws, I won a 4*! It was IW... but still.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It is expensive. I did like it when they sold independence vault tokens for 50 hp though. Because even if you won ****, it improved your odds of winning a better prize on subsequent draws. After around 10 draws, I won a 4*! It was IW... but still.

Right the independance vault was excellent as an improvement, and I had no complaints against 50 Hp for a chance to win a 1000 (which I somehow did, woo hoo)
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got my season 10 pack today, and it was a clear reminder to NEVER pay for tokens with hp or cash. 9 out of 10 were 2*s.

Had i paid for the HP, that would mean $20 equates to one thirteenth of a *** Black Widow and a miserable few iso? Ridiculous.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    20three wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

Right the independance vault was excellent as an improvement, and I had no complaints against 50 Hp for a chance to win a 1000 (which I somehow did, woo hoo)

my ID vault sucks so i never paid for tokens

Won 3 tokens used 1 won 1000 HP.. waited for the vault to end and go into post mode, vault reset.. used the other 2 tokens 1 2 star and S girl...

so
    1000 HP 1 3 star and 1 2 star for free was nice
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    Do you want to spend 200hp on a chance at getting a random 3 star cover? Or 1250 to buy the cover you need? That's 6 CHANCES to get a RANDOM cover. Really only useful for people missing covers they can't level, and most people have the patience to wait for the DDQ or an event to come up. Also potentially useful for people with NO 3 or 4 star covers, but those people are usually too busy spending gold on roster slots so they arent buying tokens anyway.

I think they know they need to change it, and that's the reason they're working on vaults.
  • Sickboy254698
    Sickboy254698 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Again... Prices are standard across games of this type. Want prices to go down? Stop complaining and spend some money. D3 is running a business. Businesses that dont make money dont stay around. Businesses that make money can give there customers better prices and rewards for supporting them.

There's your answer
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    Again... Prices are standard across games of this type. Want prices to go down? Stop complaining and spend some money. D3 is running a business. Businesses that dont make money dont stay around. Businesses that make money can give there customers better prices and rewards for supporting them.

There's your answer

Your post is overly simplistic.

I agree with you that they need to make money. That's why I'm telling them my justification for why I would never touch these tokens. If I was a paying customer I'd never spend money on these tokens because they don't have a balanced cost-reward compared to how the game actually PLAYS. I need to spend $200-$300 just to get a SINGLE 3 star hero to LVL 166? I have been playing MPQ for 300 days and never touched these tokens. Until the Independence day Vault or the Anniversary vault because only those 2 events were balanced IMO.

Either they need more appealing rewards to justify the cost or to lower the price. I know they are working on the Vaults and am glad they realize it was a problem that the economy hadn't changed in 300 days despite all the other changes to the game (like more 3 star heroes, DDQ, the free rewards getting buffs, and the introduction of the new 4-star meta).

I do not expect to be able to afford everything, because I am a free player. But if they want people to spend money on the game then they need to actually make me feel I am missing out on something by not having enough Hero Points. Honestly after I filled my roster I don't feel HP starved for anything anymore, and that's a problem for them.