Does anyone else dislike hunting for the Essential char now

Options
alaeth
alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I really liked the old way (prior to the latest patch)...

Now I have to go hunting for the Essential character, and I find populating three blank spots extremely cludgy compared to picking one (or two) characters to swap out.

Please change it back!

Comments

• dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    I have to believe the developers aren't so clueless as to think this is a positive feature. It's most likely a bug that came about because of some fix.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wouldn't be so sure on the clueless thing. Just look at how many obvious things they were missing when team ups first came around.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    I wouldn't be so sure on the clueless thing. Just look at how many obvious things they were missing when team ups first came around.

No, this is almost certainly a bug. It's happened before, and they usually squash it as quickly as possible.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I prefer hunting for the essential over automatically loading the lowest level one. I've gradually been saving covers toward a second build of several characters (Star-Lord, IM40) and they always want to put the level 40/70 3ish cover one in over my maxed one. I made a suggestion before but I'd really like to see all available essential characters loaded to the first few slots (like when you get to choose between a loaner or your own characters in PvP) to make it easier to find. The fact that they're sorted by boosted levels makes it hard to locate things.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looking for the essential character is a bit annoying. What's worse though, is that I actually fought the 2*-only fight in today's DDQ with only 2 characters, because the enemy was using Storm, so my cStorm just got replaced by an empty spot.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Looking for the essential character is a bit annoying. What's worse though, is that I actually fought the 2*-only fight in today's DDQ with only 2 characters, because the enemy was using Storm, so my cStorm just got replaced by an empty spot.

Unless you only have 3 2*s you could have popped someone into the empty spot by clicking their portrait. My DDQ 2* missions start with 3 empty spots because all my 3*s that I just used become ineligible.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I know. If I was paying attention, I would have manually picked my Thor. It was just a really stupid situation where I was happily gathering blue AP for Storm's blueflag.png when I finally realized that I was actually using a two-man team.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In the long run, they really gotta figure out how to let us search for characters. The roster is getting kind of big to try and remember where the hell everyone is and what level they are.

In the short term, put essential characters at the top of the list. That pretty much solves this issue, as well as the long standing issue of accidentally sending out that 100 health character that barely got out of refresh.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Katai wrote:
    In the long run, they really gotta figure out how to let us search for characters. The roster is getting kind of big to try and remember where the hell everyone is and what level they are.

In the short term, put essential characters at the top of the list. That pretty much solves this issue, as well as the long standing issue of accidentally sending out that 100 health character that barely got out of refresh.

would be super great if they'd add a filter with some options, so you could filter either by rarity (1*, 2*, 3*, 4*) or by a particular power color (show all characters with a redflag.png or all characters with a blueflag.png or what-have-you).
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've wanted the option to put some characters as favorites for a while now. For instance, I like using Patch+OBW against goon-only nodes, but it get's frustrating looking for my OBW (lvl 94) and Patch (starts with a W, so quite far already). A favorite character would always be at the front of the list, regardless of level (multiple favorite characters could still be ordered by level).

Alternativeley, allowing us to order our roster manually would also be interesting, albeit maybe a little tedious the first time.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    alaeth wrote:
    Please change it back!

Just this, nothing more annoying than having to find the required char... specially when I can barely remember what Quicksilvers cover even looks like... but I've got him... I think... I'm sure I've got him... where the hell oh there he is icon_neutral.gif

This is not fun/intuitive/useful icon_e_confused.gif Please change it back.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got annoyed enough today to post a formal bug/ticket. I thought maybe they would fix it in the latest patch, but nope... still there.

I typically do my daily Deadpool as soon as I wake up, D3 is making my think before I'm fully awake to find the essential character of the day! LOL
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But hey, they can fix the hex bolt issue within 24 hours of them finding out.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As long as I can play solo hb vs solo hulk in hulk pve, it's all worth it.

Also, using less characters has made dpdq more interesting as of late.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dislike it. I only recently started some dupes. wouldn't they default to the highest level essential character? if they default to the lowest, I'd rather just leave it blank so I don't get surprised by my level 50, 2/1/2 thor instead of my 166.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I find it annoying to have to flip through my roster, BUT I do like the ability to solo a fight. I haven't done it yet, but definitely intend to in the near future.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's a first world problem but a search box for the roster would be nice, 70+ roster spot is a few pages