My Journey to 2000 in SHIELD

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Like the rest of the players I was quite happy to see the SHIELD rewards revamped. I didn't need anything but Prof X and Magneto so I made it my goal to reach them. Normally I didn't need play SHIELD until the last day of the season to get any missed points to hit 4000 for the elusive 10pk.

I dove right on, playing a few missions a day. Wasn't too difficult until I reached around 1300. I'm sure many players wanted the Patch yellow. So I kept climbing off of the retaliation points. Surprised to see so many low level 2*, low 3* players. I have all of the 3*s between 110-120.

When I finally hit Magneto, that's when it came nearly impossible to reach 2000. Every time I hit 1900 then took a break, I would get hit for almost 200 pts. I'd climb back to 1900 and the same would happen. I knew if I was ever going to hit 2000 I would have to keep playing. Every time I won a fight, I would be smacked right back down. At one point I only needed 30pts and the node I faced was 35, well when I beat it I only earned 29pts! Yes 1 tinykitten point from 2000! I quickly beat another node but I had been hit for another 40pts! So I would fight a 30pt node but get smacked down again. This went on for a good hour. I was getting frustrated so I started stacking 5 20% boasts to quickly kill teams.. After 4 more fights I finally won Professor X!

Shortly after winning it I was hit back down to 1850.. No joke lol What a accomplishment! It's hard but possible! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I had a similar experience except that I was going quick enough through the battles with AP boosts(+2 all, +2 bluetile.pngpurpletile.png +2 greentile.pngblacktile.png that I was still gaining more than I lost and got 2k relatively easily (running Loki/Lcap/Patch) took about 5 battles to go from 1900 to 2000,

Once I hit it I think it was like 5 hours later I logged back on and was hit for -200 or -300,
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You gotta go for it at like 3AM when everybody here is asleep and everybody else is at work.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I saw you hit me right after I did my own climb from 1999 to 2000 land. Hopefully my cMags/Patch/Loki didn't drag out the match too long!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackswift wrote:
    I saw you hit me right after I did my own climb from 1999 to 2000 land. Hopefully my cMags/Patch/Loki didn't drag out the match too long!

You got stuck at 1999 too?

I faced that team a few times, didn't look at the player names though. I hope u were able to reach 2000.

I think this post made me a target cause now I'm 1600 pts lol
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Like the rest of the players I was quite happy to see the SHIELD rewards revamped. I didn't need anything but Prof X and Magneto so I made it mission to reach them. Normally I use to need play SHIELD until the last day of the season to get any missed points to hit 4000 for the elusive 10pk.

I dove right on, playing a few missions a day. Wasn't too difficult until I reached around 1300. I'm sure many players wanted the Patch yellow. So I kept climbing off of the retaliation points. Surprised to see so many low level 2*, low 3* players. I have all of the 3*s between 110-120.

When I finally hit Magneto, that's when it came nearly impossible to reach 2000. Every time I hit 1900 then took a break, I would get hit for almost 200 pts. I'd climb back to 1900 and the same would happen. I knew if I was ever going to hit 2000 I would have to keep playing. Every time I won a fight, I would be smacked right back down. At one point I only needed 30pts and the node I faced was 35, well when I beat it I only earned 29pts! Yes 1 tinykitten point from 2000! I quickly beat another node but I had been hit for another 40pts! So I would in again and reached 1970, fight a 30pt node but get snacked down again. This went on for a good hour. I was getting frustrated so I started stacking 5 20% boasts to quickly kill teams.. After 4 more fights I finally won Professor X!

Shortly after winning it I was hit back down to 1850.. No joke lol What a accomplishment! It's hard but possible! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I had a similar journey to 2000 with 120s also. Did it in two sessions once I had hit the ten pack to avoid losing my score before I got it. Up to Patch was not that bad. Parked there for about a day and lost 200 points.

Resumed my climb which went fine until the 1900s and I started get hut more and could not find any decent point targets. Pool seemed to get quite shallow all the same maxed 166s on each node. Got a large roster also but obviously wanted to field my strongest team for defense. Even fielding them in some battered states I eventually ran out of health packs.

Didn't seem a problem as had I only one more fight left and then I got caught with less than the advertised points for what should of been the end game. Ended up two points shy of PX with no health packs and my best characters still recovering from another tournament. So I had to wing it with a weak team and hope that I pulled through. Gamble worked and I got PX. Just as well as I got took for 500 points in 24 hours until I remembered to switch back to the A team.

Anyway, your right it is an accomplishment getting PX with a lower level team and anybody does has well earned him.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did my push to 2000 Saturday night. was going to wait until this week but got 2 5packs of health packs so I had 20 to work with and I was in the 1700s. I am lucky enough to have thor and mags at 166 and loki at 153, so its a decent defense team that some might pass on. my push was far easier than I though, just took some time as points dwindle the closer I got. I think I got hit once during the push and I'm down in the 1700s now. it really helps to have a couple of studs at 166. if not you'll be a target because most teams up there are mostly maxed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Total noob question but are retaliation points something that exist only in Steam? I ask because I'm on Android & I've never seen them.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Like the rest of the players I was quite happy to see the SHIELD rewards revamped. I didn't need anything but Prof X and Magneto so I made it mission to reach them. Normally I use to need play SHIELD until the last day of the season to get any missed points to hit 4000 for the elusive 10pk.

When I finally hit Magneto, that's when it came nearly impossible to reach 2000. Every time I hit 1900 then took a break, I would get hit for almost 200 pts. I'd climb back to 1900 and the same would happen. I knew if I was ever going to hit 2000 I would have to keep playing. Every time I won a fight, I would be smacked right back down. At one point I only needed 30pts and the node I faced was 35, well when I beat it I only earned 29pts! Yes 1 tinykitten point from 2000! I quickly beat another node but I had been hit for another 40pts! So I would fight a 30pt node but get smacked down again. This went on for a good hour. I was getting frustrated so I started stacking 5 20% boasts to quickly kill teams.. After 4 more fights I finally won Professor X!

Similar experience, except without the retaliations, since I don't really know what that is. I'm on Android. The team I used last night to achieve the ProX cover was Lv 160 GWBW, 140 3* Torch, 139 Mystique. I was sitting around 1680 & knew I would have to grind a bit to make it. I kept getting knocked also & was using Health Packs & Boosts once I got above 1920 & kept getting knocked. That made quick work of opposing teams. Finally my last battle I was at like 1990 & fought a 29 pt battle that put me over. Now I will share my points with the community as I'm playing no more simulator this season. What started as (in my mind) a 1 hour grind actually wound up being close to 3 before I finally reached my goal.

Edit: Forgot to mention I had a 3-hour shield up yesterday before I made my final push. I placed the shield after my initial push because I knew people would retaliate on me.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    Total noob question but are retaliation points something that exist only in Steam? I ask because I'm on Android & I've never seen them.

When you get attacked, you get a pop-up notice of how many points you lost. Then when you open the event, there will be a node that is red instead of yellow. That's to be able to retaliate against the person who attacked and won points from you.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My story was very similar, just needed one more match at 1970, picked a 36 and got 29 for 1,999. Got hit while skipping for a good match and back down to 1968. Picked a 35 and won to see that it was actually 32. Got me to exactly 2000.

I was running 130 cyc, 127 cmags, 120 fist
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lidolas wrote:

When you get attacked, you get a pop-up notice of how many points you lost. Then when you open the event, there will be a node that is red instead of yellow. That's to be able to retaliate against the person who attacked and won points from you.
    Ohhh. That's what the red nodes are LMAO. Thanks.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want the next season to start already, so i can go to 2k again!!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

This. I may actually start competing again because of this. I haven't tried for a top season reward since T4or was released.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lidolas wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

This. I may actually start competing again because of this. I haven't tried for a top season reward since T4or was released.
    I have a 2-week vacation smack in the middle of next season but I am looking forward to the simulator. I really really hope they stick with key, key covers like they did in this one. loki green, patch yellow and px blue are some of the top covers in the game and if they stick with top ones, they will get as much/more activity. if they go punisher/squirrel girl/starlord - good luck getting players excited. fist/panther (especially black)/imhb would be wicked (even though my fist is completed - hell I might start a dupe). I'd even go for xf black or 4or. that settles it. making a wish list thread for sim progressions.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hit 2k with no problems using only ISO boosts and no shields. I'm sitting unshielded at over 2k right now and not many attacks have come in. This is actually the easiest time I've had hitting 2k and my roster is comparatively weak since I've been mostly retired for two seasons now.

All of that said, I remember when hitting 2k was a big deal for me too and I commend you on the accomplishment. Setting goals that are difficult and then achieving them is an important part of this game and life.
  • Unknown
    Options
    here is asleep and everybody else is at work.
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I did mine EARLY, like the first two or three days. The first 1500 or so was relatively simple; after that I started getting hit. So I would rush theough a few rounds and shield, queue up some high points and repeat. I got my Professor with, I think, 2 each of the 3- and 8-hour shields.

Of course, I've been hit a ton since then -- I think I'm down to 1200! -- but I don't mind. Although I did notice a few folks who had reached 2K ahead of me who had shielded themselves... but why on earth would anyone bother?
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    i was able to do it starting from 0 to 1850~ using maxed blade and Cage with soft capped falcon for support, boosted +2 redflag.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.png to limit damage and increase match speed with 3 days to go. had to refresh nodes every 5-7 or so matched to get high point value matches. up to 1850 only got hit once at 1800. ran out of health packs and went to sleep woke up with 2 more hits then went from 1750 to 2020, max healing so i don't lose. and made it no problem. checked back a few hours later hit a bunch for 220 points so looks like a squeakedby and helped a few people get closer. pretty good experience.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I got to 1200 very early and thought it would be too hard to get Magneto at 1700 (didn't need Patch at 1400), so stopped there.

Turns out it wasn't that hard, a lot of folks were getting Magneto so i went for him because i needed the blue. Byt since then i was back to like 600 points, so since yesterday i started the climb.

Had 2 teams: Ares/Magneto/Storm and Thor/OBW/3*Cap at 114. Managed to get 1912 points earlier today when everyone died and had no healthpacks. Got back to 1500 super fast.

Climbed again and stayed fighting between 1700-1850 forever. Since i was using mostly 2*s, pretty much i would win a match and get hit at the same time, sometimes even hit twice. Stuck around 1750 with no healthpacks.

Said "screw it". Got my top 5 guys (3*Cap, BP, Blade, Patch and Beast) to 166 and just stormed my way to 2000 without a single health pack. Since i was on ISO spending spree, got Loki from 40 to 120 for his PVP. Actually helped that leveling Cap restored his health.

All that was only possible because i had more than 1 million ISO stored. Still have 500k after all the spending.

Hours later and only got hit twice.

Now i just entered the once mystical realm of 166...have 5 guys at 166, about 30 guys at 94, the 4*s at 70 and about more 20 at lvl 40. Hopefully this won't screw me somehow...

EDIT: And much later, i got smacked down back to 1600.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just hit 2,000 a few minutes ago, and earned my first Professor X cover, wheee! I climbed to 1600 or so and made about a hundred points worth of progress a day (usually lost a hundred over night, then earned two hundred the next day, rinse and repeat.) My main climbing team was 166 Luke Cage / 166 Cyclops / 166 Kamala Khan. Tonight I pushed to 1923, then shielded for three hours to let health packs recharge. I switched to Daken/Classic Magneto/Falcon for the final push, and mowed down two Patch/Loki/Daken teams with a few boosts and made it to 2004.