Strongest colors so far

Aside from Venom (situational with Spider-Man), there aren't any good black abilities in the game right now I don't think.

Red - Iron Man, Thor, Ragnarok, Classic Magneto…all good to great red abilities. Wolverine seems OK too.

Yellow - Classic Spidey, Thor, Classic Spidey, Classic Storm, Classic Spidey, Classic Spidey icon_e_wink.gif

Blue - Classic Spidey, Classic Storm, maybe Modern Black Widow (costs a lot, though...)

Green - Classic Black Widow, maybe Thor, maybe-maybe the two Storm versions

Purple - maybe Classic Magneto? (works well with red characters), Marvel Now Magneto (great with Classic Storm)

Black - Venom (with Spidey backing him up) and that's pretty much it I think.

Depending on your perspective, you could argue that yellow is most powerful because of Classic Spidey's heal, but otherwise, red has a monopoly on direct damage as far as I can tell, except maybe Thor's yellow which is really strong.

Aside from maybe Venom, there doesn't seem to be a lot of reason to pursue characters black AP skills in the game right now. Am I missing anything?

Hopefully we'll see more characters with better black & purple in the future?

Comments

• Hailstorm is pretty darn good, especially with strike tiles present.
  • Grey Suit Black Widow for Green
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Hailstorm is pretty darn good, especially with strike tiles present.

I mean yeah, but does Modern Storm really have any staying power? She's a 1-star character with 3 abilities, so she's capped at 50, and pretty squishy for a 50.

Who are you using her with? Wolverine, right? I'm guessing not Daken...
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Grey Suit Black Widow for Green

Yeah, I incorrectly called her Classic Black Widow, haha…

I like Grey Suit Black Widow with Thor or Ragnarok, but her green costs way too much otherwise.
  • someguy wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

I mean yeah, but does Modern Storm really have any staying power? She's a 1-star character with 3 abilities, so she's capped at 50, and pretty squishy for a 50.

Who are you using her with? Wolverine, right? I'm guessing not Daken...
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Grey Suit Black Widow for Green

Yeah, I incorrectly called her Classic Black Widow, haha…

I like Grey Suit Black Widow with Thor or Ragnarok, but her green costs way too much otherwise.

grey, thor, ragnarok...gotta try this.
  • Thor's Red is also very nice as it helps you prime his Yellow skill.

Black Widow's (Modern) Blue stun can do wonders when you are left with one opponent. Cost is not that high, only 9AP, which often you can get back in 5 turns of stun.

Lightning Storm and Strike are my favourite skills. Damage+AP generation+potential for threat removal! I also love combo with Thor: Lightning Storm/Strike -> Thor's Red -> Thor's Yellow -> Lightning Storm/Strike icon_mrgreen.gif

Well placed Crit tile from Hawkeye's (Modern) Purple skill can do nice damage and give extra turn.
    Stealing while expensive is also pure awesomeness. Not once well timed steal changed a situation, enemy instead of using his skill gets hammered by mine skills.

Yelena's Black also looks pretty nice. Turn two enemy's tile into crit? Massive damage =]

But as you said, depends on perspective, all of us will have their own favourites icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Ranzera wrote:

I've heard people say this, but I just tested Hailstorm with 2* Wolverine's strike tiles, and didn't notice any damage increase.
  • Shikao wrote:
    Yelena's Black also looks pretty nice. Turn two enemy's tile into crit? Massive damage =]

The obvious combo here is with Bullseye's black to do bonus damage with a bunch of crit tiles on the board.

The problem is it needs soooo much black AP icon_e_sad.gif (Dark Widow's and Bullseye's black abilities both cost a ton icon_e_sad.gif )

I mean, maybe, *maybe* you could run a Dr. Doom / Bullseye / Dark Widow team with Doom's blue to generate extra black AP…I'd try it but I don't have Doom yet…

Can anyone with these 3 characters (including Dr. Doom blue) speak to how well this works?
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    I have all three but I only have ever found 1 cover for Doom, so afraid it won't add up to much. Maybe I'll try it on some low level PvE.
  • someguy wrote:
    Shikao wrote:

The obvious combo here is with Bullseye's black to do bonus damage with a bunch of crit tiles on the board.

The problem is it needs soooo much black AP icon_e_sad.gif (Dark Widow's and Bullseye's black abilities both cost a ton icon_e_sad.gif )

I mean, maybe, *maybe* you could run a Dr. Doom / Bullseye / Dark Widow team with Doom's blue to generate extra black AP…I'd try it but I don't have Doom yet…

Can anyone with these 3 characters (including Dr. Doom blue) speak to how well this works?

It wouldn't be worth it since combined costs would be too much. You would get a bigger bang for your AP using other characters