Last Clear Bonus: +200 ISO

babinro
babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
Here's a suggestion to go along with the MANY threads that justifiably complain about 20 ISO wins and the removal of the first clear bonus ISO reward within PvE/Gauntlet/Growth Industry events.

The idea is simple:

1) Your first 3 clears of any given node guarantees 3 out of 4 of those rewards without any chance of giving out 20 ISO.
2) The 4th clear gives you the final unclaimed node reward with a Last Clear Bonus of 200 ISO.
3) Clears beyond this point default to the standard issue 20 ISO in order to minimize node farming abuse.

Why is this good for MPQ?
- The first clear bonus 'may' have promoted players to do one clear of an event and then leave because there was no more drive to continue. Placing this incentive after the 4th clear provides additional incentive to keep playing the game. A clear win for players and devs.

- It offers a sense of gameplay progression/satisfaction for your efforts while dangling a carrot for those who got the 'best' node rewards early on.

- Adds around 1600 ISO a day to the game which helps those of use who are ISO starved (basically everybody). ~1600 ISO isn't much but every little bit helps.

- Removes the player frustration of clearing a node 6 times only to receive 2 out of 4 rewards.

Comments

• I like it, and upvoted, but honestly (apologies to all for the upcoming heart attack), I wouldn't mind going even farther if it would assuage D3's anxiety about giving anything of value away...

Give me all 4 rewards, and then NOTHING from there on.

Let's be honest, 20ISO IS basically nothing, so why not just be forthright about it, and get rid of it altogether?

If I want to grind the nodes 20 times, fine, give me my 4 rewards, and then absolutely nothing from then on. I would end up SUBSTANTIALLY less disappointed than I am now, and D3 would be giving away even less...

Win-win.

DBC
  • I like it. It would be a huge incentive to grind PvE subs. 9 nodes typically, 1800 iso for solid green checks.