Two birds, one stone.

tl;dr Give players the option to recycle their uneeded 3*/4* covers into immediate active vault pulls, thereby turning disappointing gold pulls for chars you already have covered into a chance at wanted rewards and encouraging using additional tokens on the vault.

MPQ has improved by a substantial amount since I started playing almost a year ago. However, there are two issues with the game today that in my opinion if fixed, would make MPQ close to perfect. Both involve the structure of rewards and vault tokens.

Currently we have a vault that greatly rewards hoarding over opening tokens every week. The concept is great, but the execution could use some work (except the independence vault, very well done). I'm not advocating lowering the amount of items in the DPD vault, I think there is a different solution to both increase vault pulls and increase the amount of times players buy HP to get more vault tokens while simultaneously removing a large element of frustration as you progress further in the game.

The answer is cover recycling. As you play more and more, characters become fully covered. All of a sudden gold pulls start to no longer have the same feeling of joy when you see the 10th green hulk cover when your Iron Fist only has one purple.

What if players were able to turn their unwanted/unneeded 3* and 4* covers into vault tokens? Retain the option for 500/1000 iso, so the "safe" option is still there. Now these extra covers are no longer a disappointment, but a chance at the rewards players actually want. To make it so players don't just use this as a faster track for hoarding, make it so that recycling a 3* cover gets you an immediate pull from the active DPD vault, and a 4* cover two pulls, instead of tokens that can be saved.

You might lose out and pull moonstone, so you've "lost" 250 iso, but improve the chances of pulling something good the next time, which is what he vault was originally intended to do. Since covers expire, they can't be hoarded for a period of more than two weeks. This might also encourage more buying of vault tokens as the odds rise.

This would allow transitioners and vets to take more chances at the vault while removing some of the frustration of the RNG giving uneeded 3* covers.

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    they have to do something. inter-alliance trading, cover switching using HP, vault pulls. all good options.

all things that have been brought up. one day maybe...
  • I like it.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems silly not to just reduce it to 50 to 100.

It makes buying pulls and resets more appealing.

500 with 100-200 being awards that have time sensitive benefits are lame.
    With the amount of 4 star covers on the rise continuing to treat them as the be all end all, when you still need 13 and the iso to level them, can't last too forever.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the issue if you could switch them to vault tokens. You would be able to build so many tokens you would be earning all the rewards in the vault. For a vet who does not need 3* it would be a to. Of tokens.
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    jackswift wrote:
    tl;dr Give players the option to recycle their uneeded 3*/4* covers into immediate active vault pulls, thereby turning disappointing gold pulls for chars you already have covered into a chance at wanted rewards and encouraging using additional tokens on the vault.

MPQ has improved by a substantial amount since I started playing almost a year ago. However, there are two issues with the game today that in my opinion if fixed, would make MPQ close to perfect. Both involve the structure of rewards and vault tokens.

Currently we have a vault that greatly rewards hoarding over opening tokens every week. The concept is great, but the execution could use some work (except the independence vault, very well done). I'm not advocating lowering the amount of items in the DPD vault, I think there is a different solution to both increase vault pulls and increase the amount of times players buy HP to get more vault tokens while simultaneously removing a large element of frustration as you progress further in the game.

The answer is cover recycling. As you play more and more, characters become fully covered. All of a sudden gold pulls start to no longer have the same feeling of joy when you see the 10th green hulk cover when your Iron Fist only has one purple.

What if players were able to turn their unwanted/unneeded 3* and 4* covers into vault tokens? Retain the option for 500/1000 iso, so the "safe" option is still there. Now these extra covers are no longer a disappointment, but a chance at the rewards players actually want. To make it so players don't just use this as a faster track for hoarding, make it so that recycling a 3* cover gets you an immediate pull from the active DPD vault, and a 4* cover two pulls, instead of tokens that can be saved.

You might lose out and pull moonstone, so you've "lost" 250 iso, but improve the chances of pulling something good the next time, which is what he vault was originally intended to do. Since covers expire, they can't be hoarded for a period of more than two weeks. This might also encourage more buying of vault tokens as the odds rise.

This would allow transitioners and vets to take more chances at the vault while removing some of the frustration of the RNG giving uneeded 3* covers.

I know what you are trying to say but I don't think that's the answer. The code and balance needed to make that work is really hard. Ask yourself, what do the people working on the game get out of it? The answer: people spend less real money on the game searching for elusive covers. They need to make a living somehow.

If they WERE going to use your suggestion, they should just give hp out for selling on top of the iso. 25 hero points per gold cover sold, 4 covers will get you a 2-star token. Or you could just keep saving the hp and just BUY the cover you want, or shield when the event comes up to earn it as a reward.

They have already done PLENTY to increase drop rates for things recently though. The new free ant-man cover, increasing rewards for pve, making DDQ, introduce the VAULT. My biggest problem right now is being ISO-starved and that damn 20 ISO reward =(
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    We used to get 50HP when 3* cobers were sold, so I cant see it ever coming back. Keep it as it is but for one small change. We draw for characters not covers, pull a Hulk you can then select which colour you want. If your Hulk is already maxed or at a spec you like then grab the 250 iso.

This idea is from a person who it feels like they possibly get more 2* covers from tokens than 75% of the playerbase.