What is the point..?

Epok
Epok Posts: 41
So this REALLY frustrating thing just happened to me. I happened to have had 30 HEALTH PACKS because of bad luck with Deadpool tokens. So, I decided maybe I'd just aim for the 1k reward in PVP a whole 27 hours before the event ends and shield up. I was already at almost 600 points, so how hard can it be to get another 400?

Apparently, impossible (despite me having hit the 1k milestone a lot recently, and having a full team of maxed and boosted 3-star heroes).

Making my way up to 800 was easy but time consuming. PVP was only showing me people worth 26-40 points, and I'd get attacked, but only once every 3 or 4 matches so it was manageable. I had 25 health packs left.

Then all of a sudden I was getting hit faster than I could attack. I literally spent the next 20 health packs and hour and a half of my time not moving in points. This happens to me a lot actually, just usually when I'm fighting in the LAST 3 hours of an event. It's maddening enough when it happens then, but 27 hours early?! Having the bonus health packs did LITERALLY NOTHING FOR ME.

So tell me, why should anyone join an event for it's whole duration when the following is true;
-no one has high points yet so progression is slower than the end of an event
-if you decide to gut it out even though it takes longer then you will just be a target for everyone else playing
-even if you get your event rewards, you will need to spend stupid amounts of gold to keep event points for 1-2 days
-there will be more "hot times" when you are vulnerable to large masses of people playing between shield hops

In contrast to joining an event early, one of my alliance mates joined the last time-slot for the previous PVP with only an hour left to play, and he hit 1200 points.

So, what's the point? I see no upsides.

Comments

• Runningwild
    Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I can't agree with what you've said more. When I tend to shield, I'll wake up with one, maybe two attacks. When I wake without, I get SMASHED!

Does the game 'encourage' matches vs unshielded targets as opposed to shielded ones?

Yeah, the current system makes it more than a chore instead of fun. I understand to win, you need to be competitive but its literally a rat race now.

I suggest making each bracket smaller or even segregate players to brackets based on region. Wouldn't that make sense to keep things from becoming ridiculous?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the problem, and i have experienced it myself (only had 15 health packs though)

when you climb to fast and go for the gold in 1 try.. you end up queued for retal on everyone you beat.

The smart way would be to get as high as you can, once you see hits coming, shield, at least 3, but i usually do 8 hours to let all the people you beat get their retaliations in, and let people climb over you while you lose no points. Once you have taken about 10+ hits with no loss due to shields, it is time to hop back in, retals should be done and you are set to climb.

tl:dr
    Too many wins too fast leaves you as a retal node or first skip on way too many peoples screens, give them time to hit back before you climb again.
  • Arsael
    Arsael Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    I agree with you , a lot of health packs too, very unlucky but today one ragnarok green. icon_lol.gif

about 1000 pts , i get it sometimes , start early but you have to arrive to about 950 points , shielded and be lucky that after the shield nobody attack you.
    It's really hard because there's a lot of player with 4* full team that easy destroy you,
    After 800 points and when you win , you often get an diiferent reward point 10-15 , when you loose , you loose 40-50 pt.

1300 impossible for common mortal people.
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    I swear the game is trying to make me either quit or break my phone with this event.

The exact same thing happened today, I pulled 5 health packs from deadpool daily, so I had 15 total. I made a run 4.5 hours out and I hit 997 points. I then won my next match but when I left the match I lost 200 points at once and i didn't get the 1k reward.

So, I try again 3 hours later with an hour left on the timer and my team gets wiped 3 times in a row by the luckiest combination of turn-1 cascades I have ever seen. I'm sorry, I thought this was Puzzle Quest, not "Luck your way through battles as fast as you can" Quest.

Seriously, the reason so many of your heroes are under-appreciated or under-used isn't because the balance is bad, it's because they are too SLOW for practical play. Literally SLOW, as in their matches take too long in real-time.

Please do something to change how fast we lose points. Instantly losing 200 points, and with no notice is ridiculous. Maybe throw all the points into a pool that only activates after you leave your current match. Then a notice pops up saying how many points you are about to lose and asks you if you would like to shield or not. The idea needs a little work still, but I bet you will get more people spending gold like that, which might even earn the game more money.
  • I completely agree. After playing this game since it came out, I'm done. I just quit my top ten alliance and will not pick the game back up. I spend hours climbing to a good score, but at a certain point, you just can't keep up with attacks. When someone who just joined the shard can hit you for 75 with almost no matter penalty for losing, why shouldn't they. Matchmaking killed the game for me.