Big Things One Day Come

Options
DaveR4470
DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So... some Springsteen fans over there at Demiurge? (Or even... gasp.... Dave Edmunds fans???)

icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    So... some Springsteen fans over there at Demiurge? (Or even... gasp.... Dave Edmunds fans???)

icon_e_smile.gif
    The puns and wordplay on music and movies, they are rampant.
    Another one: Mustard Seed of Destruction - Symphony of Destruction

We also changed the name for the Deadpool node from "Hold Me Closer Tiny Cancer". Changed it because it sounds really bad and possibly triggery for people that don't get the reference. And the people that *do* get the reference now have Elton John stuck in their heads. So you know... bad for everyone.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

My favorite was the Can't Won't Don't Stop Beastie boys reference in the Juggs heroic. Love finding these little easter eggs for the music fans.
  • DaveR4470
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

We also changed the name for the Deadpool node from "Hold Me Closer Tiny Cancer". Changed it because it sounds really bad and possibly triggery for people that don't get the reference. And the people that *do* get the reference now have Elton John stuck in their heads. So you know... bad for everyone.

Yup. Definitely stuck in my head now. Thanks so much....

There was a Sporcle quiz I did once that had you identify a song from the misheard lyrics. One of them -- for "Mysterious Ways" by U2 -- was "Shamu, the Mysterious Whale."

I can neither unhear that now, nor fail to think of it when I fire off Deadpool's purpleflag.png. Except I'm usually too busy singing the name of that power to the tune of Motley Crue's "Girls Girls Girls".....
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    So... some Springsteen fans over there at Demiurge? (Or even... gasp.... Dave Edmunds fans???) icon_e_smile.gif

"Crawling From the Wreckage" would make for an awesome ability name.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

icon_e_smile.gif

Ug...now I have Elton John stuck in my head. Whyyyyy
  • DaveR4470
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    So... some Springsteen fans over there at Demiurge? (Or even... gasp.... Dave Edmunds fans???) icon_e_smile.gif

"Crawling From the Wreckage" would make for an awesome ability name.

There are dozens of Graham Parker (who wrote that) songs that would make awesome ability names... "They Murdered The Clown".... "Back Door Love"... "Heat Treatment".... "Soul On Ice".... "Big Man On Paper"....
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Enemy of the State is still my favorite event because of the Wu references.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Yup. Definitely stuck in my head now. Thanks so much....

There was a Sporcle quiz I did once that had you identify a song from the misheard lyrics. One of them -- for "Mysterious Ways" by U2 -- was "Shamu, the Mysterious Whale."

I can neither unhear that now, nor fail to think of it when I fire off Deadpool's purpleflag.png. Except I'm usually too busy singing the name of that power to the tune of Motley Crue's "Girls Girls Girls".....

Purple haze - "excuse me while I kiss this guy"
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2015
    Options
    This message self destructed.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

icon_e_smile.gif

Thanx, now i am going to listen to the entire Countdown to Extinction album all day.. and will still end up with Psychotron stuck in my head for a week.