Ant Man Challenge.

When I first saw this, I thought, how cool. I went to the first node, Wow, pretty challenging, but fun. Second node. Doctor doom and some bots. Good battle, allright. Third Node. ****?! 4 waves of Fully Covered approx level 100 chars? First wave, Deadpool, Yelena and 1 star Widow. Ok, no problem. Second, Deadpool, Moonstone and Cap Marvel? And they have good abilities in the colors the first wave didnt have. Boom! Strategic Command. Boom! Whales. And not Narwhals, no fully maxed out 25xx dmg to each guy on my team. Boom! A Little Off The Top. Thankfully the AI didnt do it in the right order. But still one to two chars down and the rest are hurting. Ok, health packs, get out my big dogs. 3 chars all 3 stars and all over lvl 127. Beat 2nd wave. 3rd Wave? 3 level 86 3 Stars. OMG. Deadpool. 3* Thor? Well Ragnarok sucks, but still ****. Wait what?! They are fully covered? I tried combos with Blade, Stormhawk, CMags, Luke Cage, Patch, Doc Doom. I understand that this is a 4star. I understand it should be tough. But it should be beatable by someone who doesnt have fully covered 4 star teams. The reward is ONE! Ant Man cover. One! 1! Why even bother to put this out there? why not just give everyone who has a fully leveled 4* a free cover? Why give us pleabs a hope? I have always thought you were doing the right things. This is TERRIBLE. Why would you put this out there for 29days? NO ONE who does not already have a great 4 star team can beat the third node. Seriously out of touch right now. Disappointed.

Comments

• Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    just wait the last node was way challenging 5 wave first 2 waves were all characters the last 3 were 2 characters/1 goon or 1 character/2 goon mixes. i lost a few time on the the first wave node tried to hulk bomb it with patch/hulk, but hulk goes down in the second or third wave. i brought loki along and got to the 4th round but abilities broke through my shield tile and brought me down. swapped out hulk for 3* thor and made it through. There is a thread in general discussion for the final node Steve roger was my MVP, this one requires you play with lvl 70 5/4/4 ant man as your third. Paired Steve and Blade for a nice win those attack tiles were destroying ppl while steve stunned to remove ecountdown.png and occasionally attacked.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    coachbleau wrote:
    But it should be beatable by someone who doesnt have fully covered 4 star teams.
    I beat them with 3* Cap and Hood. No 4*s. Change up your strategy, don't blame the game.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I beat it without bringing any 4*s in, and fairly comfortably, albeit with 3 maxed 3*s.

It's a little more challenging than the Big Enchilada because you don't have the goon waves for breathing space, but it's also a little easier, in that you don't have goon waves feeding AP to the hero waves.

A few tips:

(1) Make sure you end every wave with an ability, or a match five. You need to maintain priority, so you can use your abilities on the next wave, or the AI will unload on you when a fresh wave comes in.
    (2) Deadpool's in every wave, so keeping the AI starved of red, and 14 purple is important. If you're going to be denying red and purple, it's not a bad strategy to bring someone along who can use those colours (although I didn't have a purple active).
    (3) Manage your AP. You need some way of keeping your AP topped up enough, that you can unload at the beginning of every wave. 3* Cap is invaluable here, if you have him, since he can keep shield tossing forever. An AP generator or stealer is also really handy (which is why a lot of us are using Hood in this node, but other characters will do if you pick the right pairings). When you have the weakest member of the wave as the last (wo)man standing, if they don't pose an immediate threat, try slowing it down a bit so you can gather AP for the next wave.
    (4) Suppress the AI's AP. This bit can be a bit tricky, since it depends on your roster, but Hood/Loki/OBW/She-Hulk can keep the AI from getting any major abilities off.
    (5) Manipulate the board state to your advantage. Since the board state persists from turn to turn, the other thing you can do is try and set up an overwhelming board state advantage in terms of strike tiles, protect tiles, and attack tiles. Blade's popular in survival nodes for this reason, although having to deny red is going to hurt him a bit.

It's hard, no question, but you don't have anything to lose by trying again. As you say, you have 30 days. You don't even need to use health packs, if you don't want. Just go and do something nice in real life, and try again tomorrow, if you're about to throw your phone against the wall.
  • I thought it was impossible to win too but here is how I did it...

Inner space: icon_blackpanther.png Black kitty(166lvl) icon_thor.png Thor(166lvl) and icon_blackwidow.png BWoriginal

Big things: icon_captainamerica.png Cap(166lvl) icon_blackwidow.png BWoriginal

use the agressive recon & anti-gravity powers wisely icon_e_ugeek.gif
    I was proved one more time that BW is the MOST important character of the game icon_exclaim.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the top 10 of my bracket for this thing are 2 lvl 94 capped teams and 1 level 70ish. It is beatable by just about everyone.
  • I beat it with lvl 94 2*s: Captain America, Captain Marvel and Thor. Without any boosts on my third try.

On my second try my characters were heavily boosted, again level 94s, and I was destroyed easily by the computer. It was extremely frustrating and I very nearly signed up to the website just to create a similar post to original poster's.

Have hope, but not too much because losing really hurts.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    It's hard but not impossible. Keep trying you have 30 days.

On a side note, maybe don't expect to be able to earn 4 stars without a single maxed 3. It's called a transition for a reason. But maybe the easy 1k nowadays set the wrong expectations
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I Understand this is not impossible, but it is a bit more difficult than need be. I like a challenge, but after wiping with my best teams, time and time again, I have lost all hope of winning it. I don't have the desire to hit my head against a wall, and will not waste health packs to try anymore.

Maybe if the nodes where set up on personal scaling, and the levels came down after I wiped for the 20th time, I would be willing to keep trying. But, oh well, the top players will get their 4* like always, and the rest of us will miss out on it.
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    Arphaxad wrote:
    I Understand this is not impossible, but it is a bit more difficult than need be. I like a challenge, but after wiping with my best teams, time and time again, I have lost all hope of winning it. I don't have the desire to hit my head against a wall, and will not waste health packs to try anymore.

Maybe if the nodes where set up on personal scaling, and the levels came down after I wiped for the 20th time, I would be willing to keep trying. But, oh well, the top players will get their 4* like always, and the rest of us will miss out on it.

Wait, they turned off community scaling but you should still be able to tank the node i thought. IceX even mentioned the purpose of the event being so long is to give people picking up the game based on the movie time to get the cover. As in, fresh rosters should be able to clear the event.

Also, don't give up! you have 30 days to improve your roster then try again =D
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Boosted green/black and blue/purple.

Hcl2TdZl.png

I39wUdMl.png