Health Pack Prize Redemption

Buret0
Buret0 Posts: 1,591
There is currently a problem with how the DDQ health pack prizes affect when you should optimally draw your DDQ tokens, and I think a small change needs to be made to fix the issue.

Problem

When you open a token at the end of your gaming and draw a health pack, you have essentially voided your prize. Say you were at 3 health packs at the end of your clear and you are done playing for awhile. You regenerate back up to 10 naturally, so you have in fact won nothing.

Solution

What I suggest is that the health pack prize should not immediately be put in your supply. Instead, it should just add a free five health packs on the "Heroes need help" health pack purchase menu. This can be done with a third purchase option button available when you have a health pack prize waiting or it can be a token over top of the 200 spideycoin.png slot that already exists.

As a reminder that you have free health packs waiting, they could put the number of unclaimed health packs in parentheses beside the listed number of health packs at the top of the screen. healthpack.png 10 (5) or healthpack.png 10 (15)

Conclusion

In this way we can choose when to redeem the prize and it will make it so that we don't have to time the redemption of our tokens around the number of health packs we have in our current supply.

Comments

• Buret0
    So I decided to be 'that guy' and emptied my DDQ vault this weekend.

Health Pack refresh will not do anything for me for weeks, which has totally affected my willingness to consume a health pack.

My idea would have ended this horror.
  • Buret0
    2gw8300.png

I'm now down to 91 health packs because I've earned no health pack regeneration since Friday. This needs to be fixed.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    What we need is a health pack vault. When we win health packs, you get a health pack vault token.. redeem when needed. If you just need health packs, prices for tokens are the same as current health packs
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Buret0 wrote:
    So I decided to be 'that guy' and emptied my DDQ vault this weekend.

Health Pack refresh will not do anything for me for weeks, which has totally affected my willingness to consume a health pack.

My idea would have ended this horror.

Agree 100% with this idea.

Yup, I did that as well, my vault had the 3rd prof x cover I needed. I ended up with like 150 health packs, I'm at 59 now, but haven't regenerated any for days.

You shouldn't be punished for spending a lot of real money on the game.
  • Buret0
    Alternatively, you could just have all of the reward healthpack.png in an overdraft.

You always have your original 10 health packs listed, and then your other healthpack.png listed separately.

That way, you will always consume your "normal" healthpack.png first and only tap into your spares if you have used your ten regenerating packs. You could even have this be added as a regular feature, so if you earn a healthpack.png or if you buy a healthpack.png , they get added to the overflow bank.

So in the case of having earned 150 healthpack.png from the tokens, it would be displayed like this:

healthpack.png 10 (150).

After using a healthpack.png , the regeneration timer would begin. When you are at healthpack.png 0 (150), the next healthpack.png that you use will come from your supply, while your regular ten healthpack.png will continue to regenerate. If you ever have at least one in the regenerating column, you will use that healthpack.png first.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    This needs to be done. The health pack "covers" could sit in the roster area like all other covers, even with an expiration time. Just allow us to redeem them when we want to get the most out of our reward.