Server crash compo

Options
IlDuderino
IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just got 2,500 ISO and 250 HP which I assume is generic compo for the server crash. Those that missed out on red hulkbuster now have one tenth of the cost of the cover, party time, yippee

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would be pretty pissed if I spent 450 HP on shields trying to hop to HB only to get locked out of server and only get 250 HP back.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So which shard ended between 3:30am - 8:00am eastern? Those people would have a legit gripe.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    So which shard ended between 3:30am - 8:00am eastern? Those people would have a legit gripe.

Only slice 3. 2 ended at 1am, 4 ended at 1pm.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sadly, you can't comp everyone equally. Some missed PVE refreshes putting them further back when you might have had someone double-tap or do an early refresh. Some missed pvp hops. The late pvpers always jumping in the last 3 hours, not a chance. Though honestly, I don't feel too bad for those folks when they whine about not hitting 1k. There are just too many variables to comp everyone who plays this game.

Just be happy that they provide ANY compensation, since in some instances in the past, they have not done anything at all when it affects everyone.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is tricky and there is always winners and losers with these things.

Case in point my bracket where someone double tapped heavily and because of the server issues is now leading. With the possibility of more server issues they might just win it. Whereas if there were no connectivity issues they might of not even got t10.

Still going to try but going to be hard to catch up now.

Anyway 250hp is better than nothing
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mr_X wrote:
    Anyway 250hp is better than nothing

And nothing is what was typically given out a year ago. The quick response and apology/compensation is a vast improvement, and I for one appreciate it.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep, I for one are happy with the comp than no comp.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had to close the app and reopen it, and received my compensation. I was not expecting it. I was at the movies and asleep during most of the outage.

Very quick and unexpected of them. People said they need to be quick and generous. I feel this was quick and generous. Of course it will not be enough for some people... some people with legitimate issues, others with issues that are ... not game related.

I would suggest we be appreciative of it, and if you have a specific problem that would require further compensation, file a ticket.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree for most this is fair, I am very happy with it as I got the Hulkbuster before the servers went down. Sending tickets is the right approach there as you say
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    250 HP. Only 1/10th of the redflag.png Hulkbuster I missed out on, 1/15th if you include the blackflag.png Captain Marvel. I feel sorry for those that wasted HP on shields.

If this is generous, it's still not even close to commensurate with what many people lost.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What was the criteria for giving compensation? Pretty much everyone I talked to got it, but I haven't. I don't mind not getting it, as I wasn't affected (haven't played pve, been in shard 5 for pvp) just wondering what was the criteria for giving compensation.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Please use the server crash thread for conversation about the compensation, as is already being done. Trying to keep things tidy!
This discussion has been closed.