Hypersonic Punch stuns the wrong Thing

morph3us
morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
Just noticed that when Captain Marvel Hypersonic Punches one of the Thing's team members, the Thing jumps in front as Rock Solid triggers, but although the Thing takes the damage, the stun affects the original target. Not sure if this is working as intended or not but that's a heck of a punch.

I guess it's almost like Cap's hitting the Thing so hard, he's flying back into his team-mate!

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    Just noticed that when Captain Marvel Hypersonic Punches one of the Thing's team members, the Thing jumps in front as Rock Solid triggers, but although the Thing takes the damage, the stun affects the original target. Not sure if this is working as intended or not but that's a heck of a punch.

I guess it's almost like Cap's hitting the Thing so hard, he's flying back into his team-mate!

easy fix, use it on thing to start with!

but, yah, file a ticket on this one.

Or not.. many could easily work this into their strategies... imagine stunning hood/loki while thing takes the damage.. win/win if you can match or steal those tiles!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is another iteration of something that's annoyed me for about a year now:

Even when the power description explicitly states otherwise, stun (and many other side effects of an attack, including AP generation) take place before damage is calculated. This is particularly annoying with AoE effects that include stuns, such as Gamora and Doc Ock's green abilities, where the stun could be applied to a character that immediately dies, even though the description implies the opposite.

In the case of AoE effects, the fix is obvious, simply* change the order of operations. Of course, then you run the risk of a single-target effect like The Thing's killing one character and then stunning the next, making it more powerful than intended. So it's two fixes. Simple*.

*I am not a coder, but I am kind of a jerk, so I assume everything is simple.
  • Same scenario happens with Deadpool, his jump in only takes the damage from the skill, but the stun hit's the intended target.

Not sure if this is intended.