Alliance Vault idea

I had the idea that an Alliance Vault might be pretty boss. Basic idea is it would be seeded with similar perks as the Taco Vault to start. Then as things are taken from the vault members of the alliance could deposit items (covers, hp, iso, health packs, etc) back in the empty slots to be randomly taken by other members of the alliance.

This would allow for much of the cover trading concept folks have always clamored for, yet keep it random. It would also give greater weight to teamwork in building ones roster and weighing selling a redundant 3* or give it to the Alliance vault in hopes it benefits another more.

I was thinking the Alliance reward tokens won in any event could go towards this vault instead of regular Heroic Tokens, or maybe Lightening Round tokens.

Comments

• Mjmacka
    Mjmacka Posts: 55
    As someone who routinely sells 3 and 4* covers I love this idea.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    lxaio655 wrote:
    I had the idea that an Alliance Vault might be pretty boss. Basic idea is it would be seeded with similar perks as the Taco Vault to start. Then as things are taken from the vault members of the alliance could deposit items (covers, hp, iso, health packs, etc) back in the empty slots to be randomly taken by other members of the alliance.

This would allow for much of the cover trading concept folks have always clamored for, yet keep it random. It would also give greater weight to teamwork in building ones roster and weighing selling a redundant 3* or give it to the Alliance vault in hopes it benefits another more.

I was thinking the Alliance reward tokens won in any event could go towards this vault instead of regular Heroic Tokens, or maybe Lightening Round tokens.

So what happens if you get what you put in? That would defeat the purpose.. I sell so many 3*'s, and would love to give them out to alliance mates. I think a vault is a great idea, but it has to many options to be abused. (trading things like a t100 PVE spot for a vaulted cover etc)
  • If you draw what you deposited, that is bad luck as we are talking 1/100ish chance if it is a 100 slot vault. You can just redeposit it but you wasted a token.

I dont know how it could really be abused other that strong alliances rotating in one player to just play the vault to cover quickly. In the end its still only populated by things someone had to possess before. To keep the draw odds from getting near guaranteed draw on anew item, the system could add low level items like say 70 iso if an alliance let's it get below let's say 30% full. (I.e. in a 100 slot vault they would always be 30 items in the vault or low 2*'s begin to infiltrate your vault. )

Then your vault is still very random but as string as the Alliance maintains it to be.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    You could have a system where you fudge the odds of you draw from the said vault.

So if there is a cover you particularly need, you could put more tokens on that item to increase your chance to draw it.

Or maybe have a veto option on a certain number of the items. Maybe just an automatic veto on items you place in there.
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    This is an interesting idea, but I don't think it will ever happen. Sure people are clamoring for cover trading, but it will directly take away from the games economy, and D3 needs to make money somehow.

D3 needs players to feel ISO and HP starved so they will buy some. Yes the current tokens are too expensive for their reward payoffs, but any form of trading covers in-game will kill tokens COMPLETELY.
  • Malcrof
    How about individual vaults? That way, you use your token in a specific person's vault, their vault is not active to pull from until say, 3 or more covers are in it.

An alliance mate has sold 4 black BP covers, i am only at 1, i have sold countless SRCA covers, and he needs many.. i would love to be able to pull those from his vault and he can pull mine. Gain 1 token for every 2 covers you put in (3 and 4* only)
  • a grumbler
    a grumbler Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    LOL I would fill up the vault with venoms and Yelenas to give alliance members the ****
  • a grumbler
    a grumbler Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I got edited!

(to annoy alliance members)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the ideas above but what if the Alliance only had access to 1 Taco Vault each 5-day cycle: 20 Members x 2 Tacos per 5-day DDQ = 200 pulls (or less).

Each member can either pull twice a day or up to 10 times at the end of 5 day cycle. No hording, if you are not logged in on the 5th day, your tokens are auto opened and you will be rewarded with your pulls next time you open your game. Everyone has a better shot at the 3-4* covers than 10 pulls out of 300 or hording for months. Thoughts? It'll be more interesting than the current model.
  • I think the idea of some limit on the token hording is a good idea. For me, the idea is about increasing the benefits of a well run alliance along with providing some mechanism that allows for some trading without really messing with D3's economic model too much. It's a compromise that allows them to not have to alter their pricing but allow for internal game mechanics to reward diligent play. (Well run alliances require this)
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking along similar lines last night, that an Alliance Vault would be a good addition. My own ideas:
    • Each player in the alliance who has been a member for at least X days (7,14,30) could donate up to 3 2* or better unwanted covers into the vault per day. This discourages alliance jumping to abuse the vault.
    • Each time 20 items have been donated into the vault, a 250HP prize is also added. Max 3 250HP prizes at a time. This encourages players to donate and provides a little incentive to make your daily pull.
    • Each player who has spent at least X days in the alliance since they (last!) joined it (again, 7,14,30 days) may draw from the vault once per 24 hours. Again, discourages alliance jumping and/or hoarding to ward off potential abuse.
    • I guess to try & make D3 some money, you can make a second vault pull in the 24 hour period for a small HP sum. Say, 100.
    • Max 50 (100?) items in the vault at any time.
    Likely never happen, but it's a fun idea.
  • Malcrof
    Ok, we need to start upvoting this thread so it gets noticed. Make sure to toss the OP some votes.. if we can get it green, then we can get it noticed!