infinite update loop

wiz_biz
wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
anyone else having this issue? i'm on android, and historically when there is an update i have always gotten the option to either skip or update. the notification popped up a few hours ago for me, i went to update, but there was no new update to download. i was continually skipping the update notification after that, but now the in-game pop-up has changed - now says to 'tap OK to get the latest version', no option to skip. which is all good and well, but there is still no update to download. in the middle of trying to get my first clear on Seed of Destruction and am stalled out in this loop...what's the deal y'all?? i got doombots to crush.

Comments

• generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    edited July 2015
    I'm seeing this as well. I'm effectively locked out of the game and unable to clear the nodes that just appeared in the new slice for Meet Rocket & Groot. This, coupled with last night's server outage, has caused a headache.

Edit: I should clarify that I already have the new update, so I shouldn't be prompted to update. I thought this was a known issue for Android that was corrected a few releases back.
  • same thing with me.
  • GrayOne
    GrayOne Posts: 40
    +1. I'm having the same issue on my Nexus 7 running v4.4.4
  • Having the same issue on my galaxy s4.
  • wiz_biz
    i've got a samsung note 4 running v5.0/lollipop...

and i'm barely hanging on to top 150 in meet R&G, i just need that last black 3* torch cover and am hoping this doesn't knock me out of the running!! hopefully this is fixed soon and doesn't turn into forced time off for android users...again....
  • GrayOne
    GrayOne Posts: 40
    I powered off my Nexus 7 and upon reboot, I see a new update now.

I haven't updated yet because I'm tethered and have limited data quota on my cellular plan, but try it out and see if it works for you. I'll update when I get home and have access to my home WiFi network.
  • wiz_biz
    GrayOne wrote:
    I powered off my Nexus 7 and upon reboot, I see a new update now. Try that out.

it's like i never called a help desk in my life or something... icon_e_smile.gif thanks oh wise gray one, that did the trick!!!
  • After last night breakdown and today infinite loop, it is quite bad.
  • I was having the same problem. When I restarted, the update showed up in the Play Store. After I installed the update, I could get back into the game.
    PITA, but at least I can play again.
  • +1 Having the same issue on my galaxy s5.
  • I cleared the cache on the Google play store app and it solved the problem.
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Rebooting my phone did the trick for me, too.
  • same here, purgatory!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I was stuck in the infinite loop as well. These guys' suggestions to reboot the phone seemed to have caused Google Play to get a new update. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Rebooting my phone did the trick for me, too.
    This worked for me too..

Thanks all for the advice.
  • jesslin
    jesslin Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for saving my sanity (what's left of it). I just force closed Google Play and that worked too-update was available as soon as I opened it again.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    No luck here with rebooting, still in a loop.

And I don't have Facebook to backup, so I am scared to delete the cache. Grr.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    No luck here with rebooting, still in a loop.

And I don't have Facebook to backup, so I am scared to delete the cache. Grr.

Whoa, you don't have an off device backup?? Just make a dummy FB account for the sole purpose of backing up your MPQ roster!! You craaaaazy man.

Edit: Also, you're deleting the Google Play Store cache, not the MPQ cache, so your save data will be preserved.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Clearing the cache worked for me.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    I posted this on the patch notes thread and it worked for me and a at least a couple of others on Android :

I went to 'play store' then 'my apps' and it appeared in the list of updates available. Had to do an 'update all' to install it.