Timing vault wins

I'm pretty sure I'm not going mad but it looks as if you can stop the vault wheel on the reward you want (after a fashion).

When your in the vault hit once to stop the spin, it then cycles through three items (showing the relevant icons), at this point tap again to stop If you see one you want and that's what you win.

Did everyone know this or is it not actually the case and I'm just really lucky?

Comments

• u can also skip the vault spin, how does that factor into your roulette theory
  • Not quite sure how you skip the vault spin? If you skip it then you miss the chance to select best of the three that cycle after the first tap.

All I know is I've been trying this theory out and even though I have the reflexes of a sloth I've grabbed covers for Loki, cyclops, blade, IW and 1000 hp!

Can I ask that others test this theory? Basically tap once to slow the roulette, you will then get 3 sequential icons, tap if you see the one you want or wait for the next. If you don't tap That second time you just get the third reward.

Please give it a go and post your results?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    there is no timing.. i sat and watched it, it is absolutely random, and what you select has 0 impact on what you get.. i clicked moonstone simply to make sure i didn't get her, and lo and behold, i got moonstone.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    A bunch of us had this discussion when the vault first appeared.

We pondered and tested a number of theories but it does appear to be totally random - it makes little difference what you click.

Needless to say, I have gotten squat - best was a 3* cover I didn't need and some ISO that I didn't care about, but 2*'s till the cows come home.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    I can confirm totally random.

My vault had a icon_loki.png cover... Just one.
    I watched it cycle through a few times, and icon_loki.png was always 4 before the spideycoin.png

I clicked after icon_loki.png and it slowed down... And I got icon_loki.png ... Meaning it came back to him despite there being a gap of 40+ til he should have showed up again.

The end result has nothing to do with the order of the spin. Just a neat visual effect, that's all.
  • Its most probably determined as soon as you press the use taco/token button, all the fancy animation stuff is pointless.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarCr wrote:
    Its most probably determined as soon as you press the use taco/token button, all the fancy animation stuff is pointless.

not pointless, i love it, the anticipation, the whole mess
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Wobby wrote:

The end result has nothing to do with the order of the spin. Just a neat visual effect, that's all.

*pretends to be D3*

Stop telling the truth! You're ruining token sales! icon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof wrote:
    not pointless, i love it, the anticipation, the whole mess

I'm a really bad UI designer, so maybe I'm just bitter icon_e_smile.gif
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    i would agree that it definitely seems random...i even noticed today when cashing in all my stockpiled sweet tokens that on 3 of them, it didn't even scroll ahead through 3 rewards before landing. 2 pulls scrolled ahead 2x, and one pull only scrolled once. perhaps it could have been that there were multiple of the same rewards in a row, but it didn't really feel like it based on the seemingly shorter time-span between the tap and the reward...but oh well, i had assumed it was completely random anyway so i'm not sweating it.
  • random or not, it all boils down to the same thing:

5 Health packs and 250 ISO...AmIRight? icon_razz.gif

easy...marc
  • MarCr wrote:
    Its most probably determined as soon as you press the use taco/token button, all the fancy animation stuff is pointless.
    considering you can SKIP the roulette, yes, its determined. But folks like to have their superstitions....
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadn't touched the taco vaults, but tested the other day with July4 vault and it seemed like you could time it. So tested again today - both times I exactly hit where the Fury (best 4* in there for me....) should have been, and when it hit that spot it then selected the random draw.

Considering it is random, once again I'm hoping they add more Taco tokens somewhere else in the game so we can get the vault hoarding to a wee bit less than 300 days before you are guaranteed your 4*'s in there. Really, a guaranteed 4* every week in DDQ wouldn't be breaking the bank with the crazy release rate of them.
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    djsquillz wrote:
    random or not, it all boils down to the same thing:

5 Health packs and 250 ISO...AmIRight? icon_razz.gif

easy...marc

on the real...after cashing in today i think i must be the healthiest chick on the block