Feel like quitting (weekly boosted)

So I feel that weekly boosted characters are the bane of this game. Never ever is there supposed to be an advantage over other players in competative gaming. If you wanna get good you had to earn it. Now with all these boosted characters, it's mighty hard to move anywhere, leaderboards that is. I know I'm not alone, please take out boosted characters from PVP.

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I disagree. The weekly boosted allows for a more diversified roster and varied roster gameplay. It lets us use characters we otherwise wouldn't use but would like to use for fun. In the past, without boosted characters, we'd see the same old teams past a certain point.
  • Weekly boosted is fantastic, it has allowed me to hit 1000 in every PVP.

Please no changerino.
  • Maybe it's just cuz I've been seeing storm for more than a week now. She was featured and then became a weekly boosted, don't care much for her. Same happened with patch, who is also a pain to deal with.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    hexad_2808 wrote:
    Weekly boosted is fantastic, it has allowed me to hit 1000 in every PVP.
    Not that I'm necessarily agreeing with the OP, but it's the boosted points that have been getting you to 1k easier, not the boosted characters.
  • Oldboy wrote:
    I disagree. The weekly boosted allows for a more diversified roster and varied roster gameplay. It lets us use characters we otherwise wouldn't use but would like to use for fun. In the past, without boosted characters, we'd see the same old teams past a certain point.

You don't see lots of teams in PvP against boosted characters? Isn't the point of having a "Magneto" event, highlighting Magneto over the other characters? Buffing random characters (in addition to the recent health buffs) increases the length of time it takes to finish each battle. Enjoy your grind.
  • I think they need to look at maybe changing it up more frequently, just to add to the variety. Maybe have three sets of boosted that change with each PVP. Something like this:

You've got three PVPs in a week. We'll call them Alpha, Beta, Gamma, followed by Delta a week after Alpha.

This is how it starts:
    Alpha: 4* A begins boost week, as do 3* a and b, 2* aa. 2 4*s, 4 3*s, and 2 2*s are also still boosted from previous week.
    Beta: 4* B begins boost week, as do 3* c and d, 2* bb. A, a,b, aa still boosted from Alpha. 1 4*, 2 3*s, and 1 2* still boosted from previous week.
    Gamma: 4* C begins boost week, as do 3* e and f, 2* cc. A, B, a, b, c, d, aa, bb still boosted. None from previous week.
    Delta: 4* D begins boost week, as do 3* g and h, 2* dd. B, C, c, d, e, f, bb, cc still boosted.

Etc.

The combos would then change much more noticeably from PVP to PVP - no more of "it's been Black Panther/Patch/featured" for a week, especially if they made a point of picking strong/weak combos as the two 3*s.

I think the boosted characters have helped, but I think a small change would make PVP a lot less repetitious.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think they need to look at maybe changing it up more frequently, just to add to the variety. Maybe have three sets of boosted that change with each PVP. Something like this:

You've got three PVPs in a week. We'll call them Alpha, Beta, Gamma, followed by Delta a week after Alpha.

This is how it starts:
    Alpha: 4* A begins boost week, as do 3* a and b, 2* aa. 2 4*s, 4 3*s, and 2 2*s are also still boosted from previous week.
    Beta: 4* B begins boost week, as do 3* c and d, 2* bb. A, a,b, aa still boosted from Alpha. 1 4*, 2 3*s, and 1 2* still boosted from previous week.
    Gamma: 4* C begins boost week, as do 3* e and f, 2* cc. A, B, a, b, c, d, aa, bb still boosted. None from previous week.
    Delta: 4* D begins boost week, as do 3* g and h, 2* dd. B, C, c, d, e, f, bb, cc still boosted.

Etc.

The combos would then change much more noticeably from PVP to PVP - no more of "it's been Black Panther/Patch/featured" for a week, especially if they made a point of picking strong/weak combos as the two 3*s.

I think the boosted characters have helped, but I think a small change would make PVP a lot less repetitious.

Why not just boost the DDQ chars for that 5 day period.. that way people can get covers and iso and try out their new covers while boosted.
  • I agree that the Point accumulation has changed the PVP for the better and helps those obtain 1k points better. But the weekly boosted characters just drain health packs. Even if you beat them, at least one character is guaranteed to come out half life. I almost feel like I don't like to use my featured character anymore because I can use the loaner character and preserve health packs better and have a dummy target in the match. theres no even playing field anymore either. Simulator would be a better use of boosted characters, not PVP yet we don't see any boosted characters there.
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    I see both points of this issue.

As soon as I got my 5th lvl 166 and could be competitive in every PVP they introduced boosted heroes and suddenly I'm low-man on the totem pole again. It completely sucked going from needing 3-5 lvl 166 heroes to suddenly the whole roster.

Then again, I also don't see LTHOR, SENTRY, or HULK 100% of the time anymore. And I'm sure there are people out there who can't smash me when I'm powered up and they ARENT.

As for matches taking longer, yeah, but only if you aren't using powered up heroes too. Having their damage boosted helps with the higher hp of your opponents.

The biggest drawback is seeing the same BOOSTED teams all over anyway. I saw only 3-marvel, 3-mags, and 3-patch from 600 to 1k points in fly-fight-win. It's JUST AS BORING as only seeing LTHOR, SENTRY, or HULK.
  • No boosted: you see the same old fotm combo chars all day long because there's no reason to use anyone else.

Random boosted: chars that aren't considered top tier get a chance for play and shakes things up a bit and makes the game less monotonous.

It also gives transitioning players a better go at scoring well to win their 4* cards. And also makes 3 star cards you haven't got quite enough covers for playable where it otherwise wouldn't be, and makes 2 star cards competitive for new players.

Want to use a char that's decent and has fun abilities and pairs well with someone else but isn't quite good enough to be able to be played because the current meta is simply better? Wait for it to be boosted and see what interesting combos you can come up with/play against.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    I personally like the buffed chars system. The old system had xforce + hood + feature. This system has different chars being used every week. Now you're not forced to use the buffed chars a.k.a. heroic events, but the buffing definitely motivates the development of more of everyone's roster, in addition to the usage of everyone's roster. Yes we'll see a lot of the same teams for a week but imo it's much better than seeing the same team for every event.
  • PVE focused player with a young alliance here. One place the boosted characters really helps is for the heroic events. Remember back when you had a few 2* characters, and you really wanted to get your first 3 star: then a heroic event rolls around and you are baffled by how hard it is, and how you can't use most of your peeps? Gives those young pups a fighting chance.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    qopop wrote:
    PVE focused player with a young alliance here. One place the boosted characters really helps is for the heroic events. Remember back when you had a few 2* characters, and you really wanted to get your first 3 star: then a heroic event rolls around and you are baffled by how hard it is, and how you can't use most of your peeps? Gives those young pups a fighting chance.

I think most people hate heroics, but that's different because a boosted char isn't someone you're force to use, just someone you probably should use.
  • I really like the weekly boost, change the game and make it more refreshing. Instead using 2 character all the time, you can use different character and combination every week. I find most people who dislike the weekly boost are those with a pair of max out X-Force and Lady Thor and nothing else. icon_rolleyes.gif