When you retreat, at what point.....

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
.....does the game actually calculate your health at?

For instance, if you retreat just as a Tommy Gun is going off, but the animation has not hit your team yet / damage has not yet been dealt, why is the present health not what the 33% (or whatever) is docked from?

At what point does the CPU decide to dock your 33% at?

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you retreat during your opponent's turn, I'm fairly certain it's from where it would be at the start of your next turn.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    .....does the game actually calculate your health at?

For instance, if you retreat just as a Tommy Gun is going off, but the animation has not hit your team yet / damage has not yet been dealt, why is the present health not what the 33% (or whatever) is docked from?

At what point does the CPU decide to dock your 33% at?

Pretty sure the game calculates the damage done in a round, then displays everything. My phone hitches right before the winning round, so I've had some "surprise" wins that involved lots of cascades and criticals that were "spoiled" for me because my phone hitched as I made my move, which let me know that whatever was coming next was ending the game.

So, no, you can't cheat the animation by retreating. Though, if it's a Tommy Gun, you should have retreated BEFORE that countdown tile went off.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    The real question you should be asking here is: If I take a team of Xforce, who has an adamantium skeleton and healing factor and is therefore 99% invincible, Thor, who is a demi god, and Magneto, who can CONTROL METAL, how in the holy kitty is a bald dude with a tommy gun wiping them all out in one hail of bullets?

D3 Logic icon_e_biggrin.gif

1rEqQ0EL.jpg
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    What's "retreat"?
  • Hendross wrote:
    What's "retreat"?

The button you press right before smashing your phone onto the ground icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:
    What's "retreat"?

The button you press right before smashing your phone onto the ground icon_lol.gif

Unless it's daken and patch who can prologue heal, never retreat, it is going to cost 3 health packs either way, go down fighting!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Hendross wrote:
    What's "retreat"?

it's the button you use when you are going to lose and want your Groot to have a few health left to start the next match with "I am Groot"
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're switching characters around a fair bit, retreating can be useful, particularly if you know you're going to lose and one of your characters isn't too bad off.