How the expletive do you beat this??????????????

Arctic_One
Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hood, Muscle, Bullseye..............I'm 0 for 7 and havent done over 1000 damage in any attempt yet.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moonstone, let threaten resolve, steal strike tiles, win*

*assuming Hood lets Muscle use threaten instead of saving for twin pistols
  • its a stupid node(especially since D3 went and looked back at all the nodes, why would you put muscles + annoying characters or high level juggernauts anywhere???), but beatable. As usual, it's always on my stream.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    XF/R&G/Elektra worked for me.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're in 2* land, use Moonstone to steal Threatens, Ms Marvel to destroy all Shields and Thor for pure damage.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arctic_One wrote:
    Hood, Muscle, Bullseye..............I'm 0 for 7 and havent done over 1000 damage in any attempt yet.

I bring a heavy hitter and take on Hood first. Once he's gone, it's all good. I do spend a lot of time matching off yellow to keep Threaten from going off and to deny Hood his Pistols, though.

If you have someone like Thor who can put those yellows to good use...
  • When facing hood, aside what others have mentioned; heavy passive users are your friend...

A good combo I use is falcon with Daken. Daken places strike tiles whenever a green match is made, and any yellow match made, falcon will increase the effect of some of the special tiles you have on the board. Who you use as a third is a matter of choice. Ironfist is good because his passive automatically puts down an attack tile if there isn't one at the begining of your turn. If it remains untouched and you manage to make a number of yellow matches, that strike tile can become rather devastating within a couple of yellow matches. The problem with using Ironfist is all that yellow you have been gathering can't be used, and thus you run the risk of Hood stealing a lot of it if you can't kill him fast enough. You don't want Hood making yellow matches cause his yellow can potentially take out any of your weak characters as well as cause cascades generating even more AP for the AI..

Another character you could use if bullseye's protect tiles are too much of a problem... is Doc Oct. his passive of matching enemy special tiles which results in you placing an attack tile can become rather useful against bullseye and others (e.g. storm's black attack tiles) who puts a lot of special tiles on the board.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wiped twice on that node. It's definitely hard.