Dear elite players: pls consider an AMA (or pls humour me)

I don't suppose one (or a few) of the elite players would do an AMA or answer some questions below? I'm very curious as to how elite players play the game.

1. Please describe why you are considered "elite"? Where do you typically rank in events?

2. How much do you play on a typical day? On a day where you are grinding to top rank?

3. Do you enjoy playing, or do you enjoy winning?

4. How long have you been playing?

5. How much money have you spent?

6. What is your fave character to play with that isn't typically considered top tier?

7. What is your alliance like? What do you have to do to produce for the alliance?

8. What is your favorite artwork? What about your favorite skill usage animation?

9. What would you tell a new player starting today?

10. What would you tell the designers (one negative, one positive)

11. Do you play other video games? What ones?

12. What is your fave combo in game?

13. Anything else you want to add?

I appreciate this everyone! Add other questions if you guys want!
-jaycat

Comments

• What is your favorite SINGLE power.

What character's powers do you feel best represent that actual character? Least?

The Ultron event, for all its complaints (justified and otherwise) has been the only ingame example of Alliance team gameplay. What would you like to see added to further encourage teamwork among alliance members?
  • Jaycat wrote:
    1. Please describe why you are considered "elite"? Where do you typically rank in events?
    How do YOU define elite? I think "elite" players have or continue to battle it out for the top spots in events. I've been playing for a while (since before seasons started) and finish anywhere from top 50 to top 5 in pvp events (once I finished in 1st place)

2. How much do you play on a typical day? On a day where you are grinding to top rank?
    I play a DDQ in the morning, some on lunch break, and several hours at night. 2 - 3 hours a day?

YES icon_e_biggrin.gif

501 days

$ 4 total, during the first week before I knew you could earn your way through everything

6. What is your fave character to play with that isn't typically considered top tier?
    Daredevil. Hands down. Super fun if you trust in his abilities. I also play with Devil Dino, but I need 1 more cover to make him somewhat scary.

7. What is your alliance like? What do you have to do to produce for the alliance?
    Great group of players, friendly, occasionally chatty - been with most of them for 10 seasons or so. I think our min. is 650 per pvp, but most everyone does more.

8. What is your favorite artwork? What about your favorite skill usage animation?
    I think the Blade animations are pretty funny. Before his buff, it was a kick (wordplay) to watch DD ambush sentry, thor, or hulk for almost 10K - still happens during his buff weeks.

Keep playing, join an alliance, have fun. The transitions take time, but what's your rush? Play the covers the game gives you - no need to buy covers unless you're into whaling, if you're patient you can earn everything you're looking for. Build your team around the characters you like the most, it's a waste of ISO to build someone you'll never use.

No need to complain here - I send the devs tickets if I have an issue (I also send them tickets with suggestions and thank you's). For the most part I think they do a great job maintaining and updating a game I put almost no money into. Whenever I get frustrated I remind myself of how much I've played this game and how it's the least I've ever spent on any game.

Not anymore icon_lol.gif

I basically did all of Simulator with the combo Devil Dino (lv232), and maxed Black Panther + Hood. During normal PVP play I'm into Daredevil, X-Force, and any random 3rd - the featured character, or KK, Cmags, 4Thor, Iron Fist, Cage, Mystique, LThor...

-jaycat
    Hope that was helpful - Good Luck!
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Jaycat wrote:
    I basically win PvE at will. I'm told I'm pretty good at PvP too. I question the sanity of those people. *Shrug*
    Depends if I have to/want to grind PvE something like 4 hours...without PvE almost no time at all.
    I enjoy playing PvE PvP is just a needed chore. Duh losing sucks.
    I'd have to check for an exact number but something like 570 days.
    $0.00
    I no longer pay attention to what people consider top tier. I've really enjoyed using CMarv pretty sure no one has ever claimed her to be top tier?
    Like most I assume. What do I have to produce or what do I feel I need to produce since those are probably wildly different numbers.
    How 'bout my least favorite artwork instead that's easy. Squirrel Girl.
    I'm pretty sure the game has changed so much since I started it'd be nearly useless advice.
    This is one of those if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all situations. It honestly feels like the devs just accidentally fall into the few things they do right.
    In the past. I played Final Fantasy entirely too much.
    The one that wins.
    Nope.

EDIT: changed 470 days to 570. Stupid number keys being hard to hit.
  • Jaycat wrote:
    I don't think I'm elite by any means, but I do think I'm above average with my roster and rankings. I finish around 20th for most PVE's, and only go for top 100 for PVP's. I scored over 7500 last season for the first time.
    I probably play 2-4 hours, but I don't know for sure and I'm definitely not going to keep track. This is from Deadpool Daily's, getting a clear or two in for PVE, and grinding for placement in PVE/PVP's.
    I enjoy the game and it's simplicity layered with complexity. It's just a match-3 game, but once you get into it you see there's a lot more depth. And of course winning (well, placing high and getting new covers) is what keeps me coming back.
    319 days.
    $5 for HP for roster slots. That was before I joined my current alliance, which has made my HP income more than adequate to keep up with new character releases.
    I've always liked Colossus. I don't really know why. There are a bunch of better tank characters, he needs some slight tweaks, but I love his red and enjoy chucking a teammate into the air.
    My alliance is awesome. They are friendly, helpful, and understanding. We are a top 100 PVE/top 250 PVP alliance. We all shoot for the top progression rewards but usually score much higher. There aren't strict guidelines, but you can't get away with slacking.
    I think my favorite artwork is Iron Fist, but my favorite animation is Cyclop's Full Blast. It's just... so satisfying when you see it go off.
    Find an alliance that fits you as a player and shares your goals. Also, only spend HP on roster slots. Also, OBW. Get yourself a 3/5/5 OBW as quick as you can if you don't have one yet.
    No other mobile games for me.
    I've been using DP/KK/Cage as a simulator team and I've really enjoyed it. Quick abilities mean lots of heals, all three are annoying in their own ways on defense. Also, Blade/Patch/Daken. Strike tiles for days.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks to those that took that time to answer so far, they are great to read. I hope more veteran players take a moment and add their comments.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Jaycat wrote:
    I don't suppose one (or a few) of the elite players would do an AMA or answer some questions below? I'm very curious as to how elite players play the game.
    I think veteran players would be a better description, elite sounds like we are better players, but in games like this it is all about time spent playing.
    I hit 1k or more, in most cases I can walk to 1.1k+ and take top 10 and only use one 3 hour shield.
    It depends on what is happening. If an important PVE event going down and a PVP is ending, then up to 6 hours. On Sundays when a season is ending and usually a PVE that is important I will spend the whole day playing. Typically though, about 2-3 hours to get ISO from unimportant PVEs and DDQs.
    Both.
    Since about October 2013.
    I funded an alliance by myself, and got it all refunded back when they made alliances free to make. Other than that, nothing.
    Quicksilver. His black is fun and gambling with green can turn a game around.
    I run two alliances, a 2* alliance, Chicken Tonight, who we help so they can eventually populate our top 100 alliance Shake N Bake icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Deadpool's is hilarious, but that is to be expected. Squirrel Girls new cover is probably my favorite. I also like her animation for "Nuts from Above", not only is the name funny, but she looks like a crazy cat lady jumping out of a bush or something.
    Welcome! If you need any advice on what 3*s to keep, you can check my guide here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30187
    PvP is a well polished product, keep working on PVE so it ends up just as good!
    I play mostly PC games, i'm a big Steam fan. I would have beaten Arkham Knight now if it wasn't so horribly flopped to PC.
    I found a fun combo when Loki was revamped that I call my infinate AP combo. Despite XForce's nerf, it still works well: Loki, XForce, Cmags.
    The bigger your roster, the more fun the game gets. Have patience and things will just get better.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Jaycat wrote:

I wouldn't consider myself elite. I would consider myself a high level player, though. When I want to place, I typically place top 10 in PvE, and top 25 in PvP. Hitting 1K isn't an issue for me, and I've hit 1300 in the days before the 4* was moved to 1K. Elite are those fearsome names like DuckyV, Kiwi, Puerto Rico, Bowgentle, etc.

I pick and choose how much I play nowadays. I used to play all the time and grind like crazy. Nowadays, my play time varies from just DDQ some days, to PvP only or PvE only. I only enter PvEs when I'm interested in the rewards, though, and I tend not to play PvP if I'm playing PvE and vice versa. Most days, I'll play up to 2 hours. If I'm grinding for a new character in PvE, that might go up to 3-4 hours, if a sub is ending. I very rarely will play a PvP season from the beginning to end - I tend to enter late and then play all the events running; or I declare an off season, and just play for 4* progression covers that I'm chasing.

I enjoy playing. I'm one of those players who loves playing The Gauntlet for the challenge of carefully unravelling each node to find how best to beat it with my roster. Everyone enjoys winning though, it's Pavlovian icon_e_smile.gif

I'm at day 328.

I've probably spent about $200 over the entire time period that I've been playing. I don't consider that unreasonable, given the numbers of hours of fun I've had from this game. Part of that money was squandered on token packs, before I knew any better. The rest is on roster slots, and an occasional 4* cover. I tend to only buy HP when there's a sale on, though.

Is Nick Fury not considered a top tier 4*? That's probably cheating a bit, in terms of the question. I do really enjoy blowing things up with Demolition, and choosing which parts of Avengers Assemble to go off, though. Otherwise, I'm still a fan of Mohawk Storm, although I've been playing her a lot less in favour of Hood recently. Colossus, because Fastball Special is fun! And Moonstone, in DDQ.

I play with a bunch of friends, so it's not really an alliance, per se. There are only 6 of us, and only two real actives at the moment, so alliance rewards don't add up to much. I think I've merced out once for the entirety of the time I've played the game.

In terms of cover art, I really dig the cover of Uncanny X-Men #27, which they've used for Cyclops.
    In terms of in game art, I'm probably going against the grain here, but I like The Thing. There's a certain lightness in the cartoonish depiction of him, that contrasts with his massiveness. I also like Scarlet Witch, just because I think she looks cool in street clothes, rather than the ridiculous weird leotard thingie. Don't her legs get super cold in that?
    In terms of skill usage animation, Cyclops' Full Blast. IMHB's Hulk Proof is great too.

Don't buy ten packs. Save your HP. Don't sell your 3* covers for ISO. Find some time for real life.

Negative - PvE's a lot better, but I really hate that it's still tied to real life timers, which matters particularly when you're in a vet bracket when everyone's clearing like clockwork. I'm looking forward to Ant Man, to see what they've done with non-competitive PvE, though.
    Positive - more of the weird, twisted puzzle-y nodes, please! Deadpool, Hood, Loki may have sucked, but it was fun picking that, and other crazy nodes apart.

I'm on my umpteenth run through of 80 Days, at the moment. Also trying to perfect a run through of Sorcery! to set myself up for Crown of Kings. I fiddle a bit with Marvel: Contest of Champions on the side.
    I'm fairly time poor, and don't have time for extended play sessions in front of a console, so it's all mobile gaming for me.

I don't know that I have one. I enjoy mixing and matching teams to suit the nodes that I'm facing. Roster depth is fun!

I like it when we're all nice to each other. Even when we're beating the **** out of each other in PvP.

-jaycat
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well since the standard of elite has been dropped, I'll chime in too.
    Jaycat wrote:

I'm not elite. I typically rank top 25 in PvP and top 20 PvE. PvP is improving though, I'm top 10 more often now.

2 hours if it's just PvP. 4 if I'm playing PvE. Up to 8 on an active weekend.

Both, but playing is fun.

502 days

$109.

Grocket or Scarlett Witch

60 strong to elite PvPers. 700 per PvP, PvE mostly optional.

Meh, honestly never pay much attention.

RUN! Ok, maybe not that, but this isn't a 'play a couple weeks' game. Be prepared for the long haul if you have a competitive streak

Kill the end of sub PvE grind. 6 stacks is 5 too many. Changes being made are opening up the game, and it's really good now.

Final Fantasy, EA Sports, MPQ. That's about it.

Patch-Loki or Scarlet-Whales. One of the two.

I'm still not elite.

-jaycat
  • thesamuraipig
    thesamuraipig Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Jaycat wrote:

Not elite by any means. I'm fairly new to the forums but I've been playing for a while. I have typically ranked Top 25 in PVP. Top 50 in PvE.

First thing in the morning is DDQ. Then a little at work and a couple of hours at night...depending on the event. Ultron was a constant.

I enjoy playing...also the winning but the playing beats all. I love the match 3 system. I like finding new teams and rediscovering old ones.

I'm about 350 days in I think. Couldn't check my phone for exact days cause it wants to update! icon_e_smile.gif

$40...and that was for roster slots early on. I hated sitting on a bunch of covers I wanted and not being able to recruit them. And back then you only had 7 days or something. It sucked. I would and probably should donate more. It's about the only game I play and despite minor annoyances, I have no qualms about the development and direction of this game.

Hmmmm...I think Blade is pretty top tier (he's my fave). So...I'll go with Mohawk Storm. I know people look down on her...but you get that Hailstorm going and her green is an awesome AP builder for everyone. She's got some power. Match your black early and get her going...she'll chop 'em down. I also want to build my Quicksilver more. I think he's got some fun moves.

Casual...we play for the ISO. They only ask you log in everyday. Sometimes we get some good bonuses in the end...but it's a lot of younger players with room to build.

Actually...I know people hate it...but I love Blades GRRR when he puts those strike tiles down. I love his sword swipe too. But I don't think you can beat Cyclops' all out crazy blast.

Same as most everyone else...
    Original Black Widow is a must. (She still is. I use her on every goon node no matter how high the level.)
    Save your HP for roster slots.
    The only one star to keep is a 40 Jugs for DDQ. Start that 2* transition as soon as you can.

Hmmm- Negative? At this point...I'd love to see more diversity in who we fight. It would be great to move past just the Dark Avengers. I love added changes like Ultron and the upcoming AntMan PvE is intriguing.

DDQ is the best thing you ever did Devs. I love the changes and development so far. I'm still playing every day and I want to. A game that does that and is F2P? You're all right in my book.

I used to play a lot but my time has been limited. If I'm in the mood...I'll throw in Skyrim for a couple of hours.

Storm/Thor/OBW - I use them on DDQ almost exclusively. The 2* tier for the smaller nodes and the 3* versions (minus OBW) for the Big Enchilda. I love getting out of that with no health lost. That's my goon team too. OBW stealing AP...stopping CT's. Storm boosting AP all around. Thor bringing the hammer down. Infinite combos a lot of different ways.

This was a great idea. It's been good to read everyone's responses. Thanks Jaycat.

-jaycat
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Jaycat wrote:
    not really elite- partly retired for the last 4 seasons - I play with a selective PvE alliance now, we vote on how hard we will go when PvE is announced. We finish top 20
    Before that I use to finish top 5 in PvE and top 10 often top 5 in PvP but that burned me out.
    Depends If we have a maximum code on PvE, if we do about 3 hours , if not 60-90 minutes
    I enjoy match games, this one is special because of super heroes and the combos, selecting the right team (more in PvE) - also easily get snagged by addicting behavior, Games are better than other addictions
    Day 574
    100$ + some 5$ for slots not sure how many
    I like IW since she saved my butt in Ultron Tetris
    See 1- When I was hardcore I was with a fun bunch too, both PvP ad PvE , really supportive group- used to be top 100 but they are way better now, top 25
    I like the PvP backgrounds I want them all for PC backgrounds
    My nephew is just starting , I realized I have no clue what it's like these days
    Pass
    Not much anymore
    4Thor-Cage
    Know what you are getting into, this is addictive and it consumes a lot of time to be good
  • Jaycat wrote:
    Only for PvE, but you might consider me "elite" since I consistently have one of the top scores in PvE. I consider myself elite because I have really cool spreadsheets. I typically rank #1 unless FierceKiwi or dkffiv or Human Torch or some other really good player is going for it.
    Usually 5+ hours (9 full clears x 0.5 hours + PvP/DDQ)
    Both, but 5 hours is too long. I have other games I'd like to play but have no time for now.
    On day 270.
    $20, mainly to support the devs, even though I usually have all the HP I need.
    I don't really have favorite characters, just favorite team combinations. Right now that combination is Elektra, Professor X, and Daken.
    We Are Gr00t. Enough said icon_e_smile.gif The only thing you have to produce is team spirit. We accommodate scores by moving you to one of 3 PvE teams.
    Revised Squirrel Girl cover. Favorite skill is probably the Hulkbuster punch (ideally followed by 10k+ damage).
    Buy only roster slots. You will need a lot.
    6x in a stack is too much. Please do an experiment with 5 and see how it goes. Thanks for making 4 stars easier to get. I will probably max all of them before my one year is up.
    Playing Dungeon Fighter Online right now. Might get back into League of Legends if I have time.
    Besides the one listed, I use Vision and Iron Fist a lot.
    I think being elite is coming out on top no matter what changes or nerfs are made to the game. I have a lot of respect for the players who had their best characters nerfed but continue to fight on and win.
  • lol... Lower standard... me too! (I'll qualify that below)
    Jaycat wrote:

I "could be" Elite. I'm at the point where the difference between Elite and not Elite is time I choose to spend on the game. Which I think is pretty much the defining factor all else considered equal. I feel qualified to answer since my roster is competitive and I have had my moments of Eliteness (consistent Top 10 PvP, the odd #1 PvE)

These days I try to keep it to clearing Deadpool's Daily and getting just enough points in PvP to keep my Alliance in the Top 100 (ie not many). For grinding PvE it's according to the event and when I join the event. These days I try to see if I can't get lucky joining a relatively empty slice, and if I want top spot I usually try to clear through each node as early as possible. Could be anywhere from 1-2 hours per day, maybe longer if there are more nodes.

Both, but lean towards playing. Sometimes I enjoy more the days that I don't play at all.. icon_e_wink.gif

I'm on Day 531. But my account is at least 2-3 months older than that.

$205 or so. And as soon as they have a sale I intend to buy another Stark Salary for one final hurrah. Given how much time I put into this I figure it's more fun to grind away with a roster that I would like to use rather than jump hoops to painfully slowly eventually earn the roster that I would like to use. I have at least 1 cover for each color for ProfX, Fury, and IMHB, so it's just a matter of deciding who is more fun to play with (I'm leaning towards ProfX).

None.. I have characters that I play with for a purpose and I have characters that I've never used or rarely use. My fave characters are the ones that help me 1) beat the opponent in the shortest time, and 2) are good on defense. I never play a character just because. I guess that's the play-to-win side of me.

GodLike alliance is amazing. Bunch of great guys that appreciate one another and understand each others' life stages. Actually I think it's all a bunch of guys with kids, hiding in the toilet from their wives. We all are very good at pulling together at the behest of our commander(hi Kia!) and as long as we hit T100 I think we're all ok.

Relevant for elite player status? I don't think so... I would rather be able to turn off all animations and transitions so as to speed up the game. Artwork? Ain't nobody got time for that!

Buy your way into Elite status, even if it's one 4*. I essentially earned my way into 4* X-Force but I bought 10 covers of 4* Thoress. You're GOING to throw away all your 2* and not build some of your 3* anyway; might as well get ahead of the curve and put your time and ISO into characters that will last (for now). Yes, they nerfed XF, yes they nerfed 4Thor, yes I was pissed and walked away once. But I came back, and guess who I'm still using as my top scarecrow team...

Negative: I wish you'd create more modes for gameplay. There isn't much "puzzle" in Marvel Puzzle Quest.
    Positive: You've adapted your formula well along the way and you guys are doing a great job given all the constraints you must be forced to work under.

Used to play FPS (BF-series). Occasionally play Mass Effect, X-Com, Shadows of Middle Earth. Enjoyed but only played through once Divinity: Original Sin. I was king of Street Fighter 2 / 3 / Alpha / vs. Capcom back in the day. icon_e_smile.gif

Reason I want to get ProfX is that I'm looking forward to using the Master Plan passive (deals damage when crit-tile is created) with KK or Scarlet Witch; I think those would roll into nice combos that are fun.

Hope this was useful.

-jaycat
  • delita007
    delita007 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I'm bored at work so I'll give it a shot:

I'm by no means elite, but I've played for a while. I can run it up to 1100 in pvp if I feel like it and the covers are worth fighting for top 5. I usually lose interest in PVE somewhere after the third refresh.

I'll do DDQ, and play for maybe an hour or two throughout the day when I'm bored

I do enjoy playing again. I took two months off when it was feeling way too grindy.

492 days, but not consecutive. Like I said I took two months off, but that worked out cause it made me want to play again and I had missed enough stuff where there's actually covers and things I need ot keep me going.

Between $20-$30. I felt obligated to buy something since I've played the game so much so I bought HP during two of the sales. It mostly just sits unused, but I think it's important to support the stuff you do.

I play Deadpool a ton. he's not lower tier, but I don;t think many would call him elite.

My alliance is great. I've been in it since season two (they even took me back when I returned). We know when to push and when to make events optional and our offline chat is a lot of game chat, but we chat about other stuff too. i'd say we're as much of friends as internet strangers can be at this point.

XF is a pretty rad cover, and who doesn't love Devil Dino's teeny tiny arms flapping around.

Find an alliance who lets you play as much as you want and have fun. If you aren't having fun, don't play the game.

The recent changes have made PVP a lot of fun again, but PVE is still pretty miserable. Find more ways like Ultron to reward covers that don;t require timing every refresh down to the second in a mad dash competition, after all its PVE not PVP. Also if you're going to keep it the same expand the progression rewards to reflect the fact that we're gonna need a ton of points. Nothing sucks more than hitting top progression prize on Day 2 or 3 of a 7 day event and knowing you'll be grinding away for nothing.

I play a lot of Destiny, probably more than I should.

I love Patch Loki. I use it more than every other combo combined.

Nope
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Turns out I am near-elite, an age-grouper if you will (not a Kenyan).
    Jaycat wrote:

I typically will place top 5 if I am trying, and at least top 25 if I have bothered to play at all in any event. I have every 3* cover-maxed without spending HP (except one Bullseye black) and get to 1,000 without shielding in about 60-90 minutes.

a normal day, probably playing 2 hours or so. If I am chasing PVE which is usually once a month, I may play 6 or more cumulative hours.

I definitely have oscillated between periods of this being a chore I would like to give up and just enjoying myself. Winning is just a matter of time commitment for vets -- if you have the time, you'll be winning.

about 570 days.

I spent $22 or so. Roster slots, and once on shields to get Beast during his debut event. The fallacy of spending real money on Beast was quickly evident... Though I echo what others have said here. Considering I have sunk literally thousands of hours into this game (a mind-boggling thought) I really ought to buy some HP as a thank you.

I enjoy Rocket & Groot -- I used to really like Human Torch and Colossus. I maxed Daredevil after his redo and didn't really regret it.

Our alliance is the laziest of all the top 100s. We all tend to take breaks from time to time, and if we all focus we easily get a top 25 score. by break, I mean mostly we are being lazy and dragging everyone else down.

Cyclops skills are awesome. Artwork has had some huge misses this year, but the Wolverine reskin last winter was really good stuff.

Stick with it, don't try to shoot for more than you can reasonably do... But when you have your first shot at the meta-defining character, go all-in and don't look back.

thank you for keeping this game bearable for those of us who are nearly addicted. The new 4* influx, ISO leveling drop, and reward structures have made the punishing pace of the competition far easier for a veteran. That said: PVE should be something that doesn't take 6 hours per day.

Since starting this I really haven't. The last two games I bought were GTA V for 360, and then Witcher 3. I'm hoping to play more Witcher, but it's too nice outside in the summer to spend time in the basement.
    I also play Ascension on iOS with friends. Great fast deck builder.

My DDQ team is 4or, XF and IF. I like Daken, Patch and Blade for most PVE until over-scaling creeps in. Deadpool, Grocket and Luke Cage is a tough damn team to beat with rainbow actives I enjoy. And I am a jerk who left Carnage, IMHB, and Devil Dino in on defense in Simulator.

Most words I have typed on my ipad in a long time. I wonder at whether this was market research on behalf of the game devs. If not, it should've been. It was way better than their Net Promotor Score / Would You Recommend survey.

-jaycat
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    What is your favorite SINGLE power.

The cop-out answer is Fastball Special, because it can be every other power.

Dormammus Aid is still a game-changer, and powers like Mischief, Recon, etc, can easily ruin someone's day,

The best power in the game now, and one that I haven't used much, is probably Deadly Precision. Deceptive Tactics and the old Magneto blue are good for this, but no other power except maybe Quicksilver really makes this game feel like a puzzle game.

What character's powers do you feel best represent that actual character? Least?

Colossus powers really well represent him, staying in front and hitting hard. Scarlet Witch randomness also keeps it thematic -- as does Carnage. Quicksilver, for being the fastest of all characters, is incredibly slow and it's painful.

The Ultron event, for all its complaints (justified and otherwise) has been the only ingame example of Alliance team gameplay. What would you like to see added to further encourage teamwork among alliance members?

More boss characters make a lot of sense. More missions that require your team to play specific things in order to progress. Maybe something where your alliance can all bring certain characters and no one else can? Our rosters probably aren't big enough yet...
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    I don't think there is "elite". Just hardcore and less hardcore.

T5 pvp, t1 new char pve.

2hours? Up to 5, 6 hours for new char pve.

I like the pokemon aspect of it.

Over a year.

Less than what I pay for a pair of heels.

OBW. Double dipping on strikes.

Crewsaders.
    Production typically requires intercourse. They have not asked me to produce anything/one.

I like scythes.
    I also like the sound effects for hulkbuster. And hate gams' constipated tree chopping sounds.

Back. Away. Slowly.

-ve : We need a good green power.
    +ve : you guys are under-appreciated.

only cell phone games. Right now, Sheep happens, and luminosity.

OBW double dips.
    Witch, Prof x, gsbw.

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    I wouldn't consider myself elite. I would consider myself a high level player, though. When I want to place, I typically place top 10 in PvE, and top 25 in PvP. Hitting 1K isn't an issue for me, and I've hit 1300 in the days before the 4* was moved to 1K. Elite are those fearsome names like DuckyV, Kiwi, Puerto Rico, Bowgentle, etc.
    But Bow and Puerto Rico are totally casual. Their scores totally fall within Django's casual line of 300-1600.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Jaycat wrote:

Anywhere between 1-25 really.elite players are the t10 alliance guys that score 1300+im nowhere near that lvl but I hit 1k+more often than not.im also in a top 100 alliance and have created several top100 alliances and most of the time finish the season as our highest scoring player

On a typical day I play to get to a decent score to prepare for my final push

Both

500+days cant get on right now cos servers are down

Not a penny which I actually feel guilty about, iv got so much fun from the game.i cant risk linkin my card though as my kids play on my phone

There are lots of characters that arent so good on their own but in the right combination can be deadly.i would say cmags is my fave that I dont consider top tier

Like a family.650 is minimum but most people go way beyond that

Daken, where it looks like hes throwing up. Fave animation is kks when u finish the team embiggened bash goes faster.so satisfying

Join/create an alliance

Make pves more like ultron event
    Pvp is in a great state right now, dont tinker with it

Halo

Kamalaclops

icon_e_smile.gif

-jaycat
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    not sure if i'm considered elite per say, but i just passed 5000 hours on the steam version, so i'll assume that's enough....usually rank top 5 in 70% of the events i enter.

2-3 hours per day on non trying days(I.E. No events/subs ending) and 5 or 6 on event ending days, even more on days that have both pvp and pve ending.

I do enjoy playing, i definitely enjoy winning and the moves they've implemented lately have only increased that.

i am on day 514, just passed 5000 hours on steam

at least a couple thousand, dropped 250$ in one sitting once to jump start my 2-3 star transition.

my Goon squad team of Prof X/Daken/Falcon, can usually get to 5k/match by the end

Django is pretty casual laid back, no real hard limit that i know of.

the first cover of the Deadpool character, the mario themed one was my favorite. Favorite animation is still Devil Dino's purple, Deadpool's purple and Ares green.

Keep at it, don't get frustrated, stay commited and don't be afraid to ask questions no matter how stupid you think they are.

try to be more communicative on the forums, keep the game going the way it's going cause it's nice that you're doing something positive for vets.

i have an Xbox 360 and around 200 games...so basically all of them. only other steam game i have is Town of Salem.

Right now....Carnage/Whoever is good buffed with carnage. Overall, Scarlet Witch/Cap/Hood, still my sim team.

don't go against Carnage/Ant-Man