(Speculation) Who will be the first 5 stars character ?

Options
Whatever the case it is expected that (s)he will be most reviled for being the first to break the status quo...

But who will be that heinous character ?

I'm not an expert on marvel's universe but it seems that Apocalypse or Thanos would fit the mould.

That would also give us a pretty good indication on "when"...

Comments

• The Gunslinger
    Options
    I'd bet my 1.1 million ISO stockpile that it will be Thanos.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanos or Galactus one of this two!

It will occupy 2 roster slots and every 3 match will kill one character of our roster icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am pretty sure I saw something a long time ago with them saying there will never be a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

That being said I would not be surprised if they started releasing them eventually.

Jean Grey
    Iceman (while controled by Emma Frost)
    Thanos
    Vulcan
    Nova
    Hyperion
    Nathan Summers/Grey (pre-Cabal Cable)
    Galactus

^All of those would be prime 5 stars
  • pizzaburger
    Options
    >iceman while controlled by emma frost

UGH YES. YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! YES!

I want this to be a character immediately!!!!
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's gonna be Wolverine, isn't it...
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    I am pretty sure I saw something a long time ago with them saying there will never be a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Just to be completely clear (NOT AN ANNOUNCEMENT), we didn't say we'd *never* make 5*s. Just that there were no plans for 5*s. (Queue Dumb & Dumber "So you say there's a chance?" pic)
    The future. It is a vague and nebulous thing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Katai wrote:
    It's gonna be Wolverine, isn't it...

Ah! That's not possible, you see, because that would make a lot of versions of Wolverines...

I mean, a lots, like, they would as well rename the game "Wolverine and Marvel Puzzle Quest", and that would
    not happen.

I mean, of course, Wolverine is an important character of the universe, and he is the best there is and... But also he isn't the center of it, right ?

I mean... ... You know? You might be right on this one ...

[Goes in a corner and weeps... ]
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Just to be completely clear (NOT AN ANNOUNCEMENT), we didn't say we'd *never* make 5*s. Just that there were no plans for 5*s. (Queue Dumb & Dumber "So you say there's a chance?" pic)
    The future. It is a vague and nebulous thing.

Hehe, I like speculating on things the devs don't know yet they will actually do.

It makes me feel powerful.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If they ever for whatever reason decide to add a 5 star characters then I had better see some cosmic characters being added. But I doubt it will happen. The more likely thing to happen is they add new colors to the board like white for example
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Remember, stars are a ranking of rarity, not strength.
    So obviously the answer is
    Paste-Pot Pete
  • Unknown
    Options
    Old Man Logan. For sure.

Non-Wolverine, non-repeat guesses:
    Dark Phoenix
    Silver Surfer
    Adam Warlock
    Red Hulk
    Howard the Duck
    Power Pack (collectively, with F. Richards)
  • Bromhil
    Bromhil Posts: 15
    Options
    If it happens...

It would most likely tie into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as per status quo.

Infinity Gauntlet teasers would indicate Thanos to me.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nope, nope, nope. You all are looking at this wrong. If you're going to crack the mold and bust out a 5*, you do it with the most enduring character in the Marvel contiuum: Spider-Man. It would be doubly appropriate, given his current and only incarnation pretty much sucks, yet legions of his fans (yours truly included) have been clamoring for his improvement pretty much since they devastated him months ago.
  • El Satanno
    Options
    Nope, nope, nope. You all are looking at this wrong. If you're going to crack the mold and bust out a 5*, you do it with the most enduring character in the Marvel contiuum: Spider-Man. It would be doubly appropriate, given his current and only incarnation pretty much sucks, yet legions of his fans (yours truly included) have been clamoring for his improvement pretty much since they devastated him months ago.
  • El Satanno
    Options
  • El Satanno
    Options
    Nope, nope, nope. You are all looking at this wrong. If Demiurge is going to crack the mold and release a 5* character, it will be a monumental event. They will want it to not only have impact in-game, but in terms of marketing appeal to draw in new players. In that respect the only sane choice would be the most visible and enduring character in the Marvel continuum: Spider-Man. This would be a doubly appropriate choice, given that his current (and only) incarnation in the game sucks quite frankly, yet legions of his fans continue to clamor for a return to power for their beloved hero.

Mark my words: If Demiurge goes that 5* route, it'll be Web-head on point.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I think we are looking at this wrong.

It will probably be Spiderman, but I don't know why I suddenly think that...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All the celestials are up for grabs.

Ego: The Living Planet

Adam Warlock

Nebula (comic version, not MCU)

if they go spidey

5* has to be Miles Morales.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options