This game needs more X-Factor: Forge

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Do you know how inconsiderate Marvel is with Forge; how hard it is to find him on a cover? Find one picture on the internet of him ACTUALLY shooting a gun. Found it! Here is the only time he isn't posing with it!!

He is the penultimate on-the-fly thinker. He's the Macguyver of the Marvel Universe. You could drop him in the Amazon with a butter knife, and he'd have a cure for various strains of AIDS and CANCERS in a week. Here's how I see him working in this game. He's reactive. He's incredible at crafting somethings out of nothing. And he's self-sustaining. He can repair himself if needed.

47-1.jpg
star.pngstar.pngstar.png Forge (X-Factor) 5950 HPs. Wolverine-class healing out of combat. He's not afraid to give himself a new limb or purify his own blood. He has several dozen patents on it, btw..

blueflag.png Once is enough. Passive.
250px-Forge_(Earth-616).jpg
Forge is ever studying the battle, reacting with his unique inventions.. If the enemy team uses an ability costing AP, Forge converts 2 basic tiles into 4-turn Countdown tiles which generate a strike.png tile of strength 35.
(max level 105 strength strike.png tiles)
Level 2: Countdown tiles last 3 turns.
Level 3: Forge creates 3 Countdown tiles.
Level 4: Countdown tiles last 2 turns.
Level 5: Forge creates 4 Countdown tiles.

yellowflag.png Cybernetic Enhancements. 9 AP.
UedKOiN.jpg
Forge destroys and gains all available team-ups and places a recurring yellowtile.pngcountdown.png tile in play. Each turn, heal 100 and deplete one team-up tile from your AP pool. If this is destroyed by the enemy and Forge has 9 tutile.png AP, deal 1500. damage to the enemy.

This is strictly a Torch-like flame tile, that grants a regen each turn. At max level, it should regen 300 to the team per turn. Maybe at that point, it should consume two-three team-ups per turn.

blackflag.png Oh, this little thing? 10 AP.
901679-thermal_detonator.jpg
Forge uses a custom shapecharge to slow the enemy down. Place a three turn countdown.png tile in play. Destroy a random 3x3 square. Deplete enemy AP impacted and deal 1400 damage.
Rank 2. Damage output up to 1900.
Rank 3. Damage radius up to 3x3.
Rank 4. countdown.png tile decreased to one turn.
Rank 5. 5x5 radius. 2900 damage.

I know it's a thermal detonator. It's a running joke with me; the defacto Marvel "grenade", imo. And since Marvel is owned by Disney, it's kosher.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First off, very nice mvoeset, really digging the character.. if you could please post that one image (you know which one) in the funniest comics and meme's thread!

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30199&hilit=funniest#p363709

ok, first off, the heal, is this a true heal? or is he just getting double regen out of combat? If just the double regen, up his HP to 6500 at max, he is a 3* and that puts him in line with Daken and Patch!

on the blackflag.png is it just enemy AP depletion, or is it a steal? If it is a steal, i would lower the damage, right now it is stronger than IM40's blueflag.png and 1/2 the AP cost( well not 1/2, but still). So we would need to either cost it higher or make it do 1/2 the damage, up the AP to 12 and make it a steal!

seeing as it is a CD tile though.. so not guaranteed damage.. maybe, going to depend on whether that is a steal or a depletion.

3rd edit.. who knows.. i like the ability, and not sure what i want from it lol.. but still need to know steal or she-hulk type gobble.

Whatcha think?

great set though!