Lack of creativity

How many times are they going to push Captain Marvel down our throats for Pvp and progression awards? Don't get me wrong I love this game and it won't hinder me playing. All I want to know why they can't feature someone different like: Cage, IF or Cyclops.

Comments

• What. The. ****.

This feels like her 4th reward tier in a month.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I just think it sucks that the 3* version gets overshadowed by the 2* ALL the time! Rarely does 3* get anything except being featured as a cover reward.
  • They really want people to max Captain Marvel... And the next PVE will feature Human Torch icon_lol.gif

I guess they see the tier rank lists and decide that the best ranked characters won't get featured and when they are there will be so much hype that will be a worse slaugther than for a 4*.

Damn, it didn't even need to be Cage, Iron Fist and Cyclops, i would be happy with Kamala Khan (actually was in a PVP), Scarlet Witch, Rocket&Groot, Deadpool, even good oldies like Thor or Doom...

I don't know if it's because of independence month, but all you see is Cap.America, Cap.Marven and Falcon everywhere.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure Captain America, future Captain America, and Captain Marvel are the Independence Day celebration for the week. They're like a mini-event, as evidenced by the trial of the Independence Vault and matching tokens.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lanko8 wrote:
    They really want people to max Captain Marvel... And the next PVE will feature Human Torch icon_lol.gif

I guess they see the tier rank lists and decide that the best ranked characters won't get featured and when they are there will be so much hype that will be a worse slaugther than for a 4*.

Damn, it didn't even need to be Cage, Iron Fist and Cyclops, i would be happy with Kamala Khan (actually was in a PVP), Scarlet Witch, Rocket&Groot, Deadpool, even good oldies like Thor or Doom...

I don't know if it's because of independence month, but all you see is Cap.America, Cap.Marven and Falcon everywhere.

Considering I've only gotten two Marvel (3) covers ever (both from a surprise PVP finish), still need to re-spec my 3* Cap to 3/5/5 and need another 3 purpleflag.png for Falcon, I'm okay with that.

But I'm weird, I know.
  • I see two people from The Best, two from S.H.I.E.L.D., and one X-man at the top of my First Avenger bracket, so obviously a lot of higher end people have interest in Falcon...or maybe the 4* above.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see two people from The Best, two from S.H.I.E.L.D., and one X-man at the top of my First Avenger bracket, so obviously a lot of higher end people have interest in Falcon...or maybe the 4* above.
    Or maybe their goal is MPQ domination and then the world icon_twisted.gif
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    She had become the new 3* Storm. But she's a great meat shield and red ap generator to match with Cap in certain situations
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    She had become the new 3* Storm. But she's a great meat shield and red ap generator to match with Cap in certain situations

Like the Hulk, but with more useful offense. Any character that makes the enemy think twice about using a big attack is worthwhile.
  • they said creating new events isn't worth the ROI so obviously copypasta is better
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    They'll do it until everyone goes 5/5/3...
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Her and Falcon...

Seriously enough...
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cpt. marvel ends up being an essential for antman pve event later this month . . . icon_cool.gif
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fairly sure they base the rewards on what covers people actually want and give us the exact opposite. People want icon_cyclops.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_kamalakhan.png, I bet people are buying those covers more than anyone else and that works in D3's favor.

Why give them as rewards, no profit to make there besides tokens.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my 1st ever Ms Marvel covers from this event so I am happy with it.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    that has nothing to do with the issue at hand, but grats I guess
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    that has nothing to do with the issue at hand, but grats I guess

Don't get me wrong I think that event design has gotten lazy for a long time now, especially new release PvE's. However 4th July is apparently a big deal in some country somewhere so D3 want to splash red white and blue every where. Nice of them to use the colours of the Union flag I thought.
  • Douglas_99 wrote:
    How many times are they going to push Captain Marvel down our throats for Pvp and progression awards? Don't get me wrong I love this game and it won't hinder me playing. All I want to know why they can't feature someone different like: Cage, IF or Cyclops.

Could be worse, could be Mororo.

p.s. Don't click on the link icon_e_wink.gif
  • Linkster79 wrote:

Me too. After tonight she's 1/1/1 and rising...

Thanks to my shiny new 1-cover 2* CA for helping me win her...

And apologies to my shiny new 1-cover 2* CA for getting the boot within seconds of the win. Sorry bro, it just working out, and I needed the slot. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC

P.S. Trying to keep to topic, while some of us obviously (at least I hope it's obvious?) need cards that others don't, the PvE material has been as boring as watching paint dry for a long time, so there's that.