Global Power Rankings

Runningwild
Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
Having almost collected all three star covers, I am aiming for four star covers. Played like crazy to get second on the board with around 760 to try and contest for a blue Hulkbustet cover.

I shield overnight to get some sleep and wake to see the top spot now holds 1120 points. The second slot is held at 1015.

Both are members of The X-Men and checking their rosters shows not only most characters being maxxed but one player even had a second Hulkbuster with two covers to it's name.

I certainly don't want to take away from people's hard work or spending money to progress but what chance does everyone who isn't on an insane alliance have?

Why reward the rich with getting richer while the rest of us are slumming it?

After playing this game since launch (which involved spending some money), I'm getting to the point where the repeated storylines, repeated character offerings and having buckley's chance at four star characters is starting to wear thin.

Wouldnt it make sense to issue everyone's team with an overall power rating and slot like minded teams into the same brackets?

My composition is all around level 120 and I can put up a healthy fight in any event but I can't compare to these powerhouses who just get stronger with each tournament.

If you reward the rich, you'll be left with nothing when they get bored. That's when you'll have no one left.

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

Wouldnt it make sense to issue everyone's team with an overall power rating and slot like minded teams into the same brackets?

This is an inherent problem for MPQ. Your proposed solution, while it helps the lower tier people, also disadvantage those who have climb up the ladder.

Think about it, one of the reason why you want the 4* so that you can compete better. But based on your solution, as you get better in your roster, you will be placed in those "death brackets". You will then wonder why your competitiveness did not improve with the 4*.

Btw currently mpq do have a system that groups the newbies together. Such brackets are much easier as the 1* and 2* players are group together.

This matter has been discussed intensely and there is no simple solution.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    If you're maxing characters at 120, despite playing since launch, no, you don't get to win PVPs. You should be lucky to get top 25. I just woke up, so maybe this is harsh, but your post reads as, "I don't want to compete, but I want good rewards."
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I certainly don't want to take away from people's hard work or spending money to progress but what chance does everyone who isn't on an insane alliance have?
    A couple of points: you don't finish first in PvP because you're a member of an "insane alliance." You finish first by spending a ton on shields and playing fast and getting lucky.

Secondly, and this isn't directed at you specifically, but I'm SO tired of people whining about how they can't compete because they're not in a good alliance. Meanwhile, so many good alliances are in a constant state of recruiting. Not only is it difficult to keep the last couple of spots filled, you can't even get courtesy responses from people who post on the forum here looking for an alliance. I just don't understand the disconnect here. Is it because the people complaining they can't compete because of their weak alliance don't understand that there is so much turnover in good alliances, that it's easy to get into one? Or is it that they just like maintaining an excuse that's more palatable than "lack of effort"?