Retaliation rewards

udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
If you're not playing for a while and come back to lots of retals, are the listed retaliation points based on the amount of points they had when they beat you or the amount of points they had when you logged in to see and discover the loss?

Just trying to see who's worth hitting and which ones are a gamble.

Comments

• Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    What was amazing to me was I was going to Retaliate for a mere 17 points because it looked quick and easy. But they got a super cascade and I lost with a -31 points. What happened? I felt robbed. I really wish there was a clear risk/reward posted. The points are always changing between starting and ending, but I never saw this big of a leap before.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    What was amazing to me was I was going to Retaliate for a mere 17 points because it looked quick and easy. But they got a super cascade and I lost with a -31 points. What happened? I felt robbed. I really wish there was a clear risk/reward posted. The points are always changing between starting and ending, but I never saw this big of a leap before.

If they were worth 17 points, that means their points were much lower than yours, so you lose more when you lose. Don't retal anyone worth less than 38, it will let them attack you again for more points as well.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    If you're not playing for a while and come back to lots of retals, are the listed retaliation points based on the amount of points they had when they beat you or the amount of points they had when you logged in to see and discover the loss?

Just trying to see who's worth hitting and which ones are a gamble.

I assume it's when they hit you - I've taken retals worth more and less than expected. Usually I look at the team - is it a weak one likely to get beat back down quickly? and alliance - strong top 100, likely to use a shield? before deciding to retal or not.