* Hawkeye (Classic) *

Options
icon_hawkeye.pngHawkeye (Classic) - 1*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Take Aim
Power Cost - 8 purpletile.png

Hawkeye prepares to place the perfect shot.

Power Level 1 - Changes a selected purpletile.pngtile into a whitecrit.png tile.
    Power Level 2 - Basic redtile.png tiles can also be changed.
    Power Level 3 - Basic yellowtile.png tiles can also be changed.
    Power Level 4 - Basic bluetile.png and greentile.png tiles can also be changed.
    Power Level 5 - Basic blacktile.png and enemyprotect.png tiles can also be changed.

Arrow Stab
    Power Cost - 11 redtile.png

No bow, no problem. Clint lunges forward, arrow in hand.

Power Level 1 - Clears a selected row and deals damage but does not generate AP.
      Power Level 2 - Costs 1 redtile.png less.
      Power Level 3 - Costs 1 redtile.png less.
      Power Level 4 - Costs 1 redtile.png less.
      Power Level 5 - Costs 1 redtile.png less.

Last Major Update: 2013-12 / Earlier Discussion

Original Post:

This may not add tons to this discussion but I just wanted to toast classic Hawkeye because he's the MVP of all the countdown tile & attack tile heavy games...I feel I went into some crazy games as ultimate underdog with 4 or 5x less health than the high level opponents and with Hawkeye (and some luck) came out successful.

You go Hawkeye! I'll do my best to keep you alive to the end.

Comments

• vudu3
        vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
        Options
        MEGABUMP!!

With the cMags nerf in place does it make sense to acquire/level cHawkeye for goon-only PVE nodes? His Arrow Stab is the only power that can reliably take out a goon tile every time (at least that I can think of at the moment).
      • vudu3 wrote:
        MEGABUMP!!

With the cMags nerf in place does it make sense to acquire/level cHawkeye for goon-only PVE nodes? His Arrow Stab is the only power that can reliably take out a goon tile every time (at least that I can think of at the moment).

Nope, OBW still does a much better job, + she fill in for the blue and purple skill that was useful by cmag.
      • hurcules
        Options
        vudu3 wrote:
        MEGABUMP!!

OBW? Doesn't take out CD tiles but at least buy you time.
      • Possible arguments for improving AI
        What's the odds that an AI Take Aim will actually hit the enemy? This largely depends on placement. Let's assume that there are no other critical tiles, and every other spot has a 1/7 chance of being filled with anything else.
        greentile.pnggreentile.pngwhitecrit.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png

Let's look just at 1 row first.
        You have a 1/4 chance that Hawkeye will place his critical on the left or right walls, 1/4 chance on a column next to them, and 1/2 chance for any of the center 4 columns.

The center has the best chance. ABXDE, where X is the critical. You get a match if
        A=B, B=D, or D=E. Fix B's color, and make ADE variant.
        1/7 + (6/7*1/7) + (6/7+1/7)
        A matches B + (A doesn't match B, but B matches D) + (B doesn't match D, but E matches D)
        = 7/49 + 6/49 + 6/49 = 19/49

For the 2 next to side columnns: ABXD, again fix B's color, make AD variant
        1/7 + 6/7 * 1/7 = 13/49

For the left wall, the odds that the critical will match horizontally are 1/7, (the 2 tiles to the right of it have to match).

Total odds including placement that the crit will match horizontally: 1/2 * 19/49 + 1/4 * 13/49 + 1/7 * 1/4
        = (2*19 + 1*13 + 7*1)/(4*49)
        = (38 + 13 + 7)/192
        = 58/192
        = 29/98
        ~ 29.6%

Odds it won't match = 69/98 ~ 70.4%
        Odds it won't match both rows and column: (69/98)^2 = 49.6%
        Odds it will match anything: ~50.4%

You only have about a 1/2 chance that Take Aim will damage the opponent. The other 50% of the time, it gives your opponent a free crit to use.
      • Pwuz_
        Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Am I the only one who preferred last year's "Purple Arrow" to "GuyHawkington"?
      • Unknown
        Options
        This is likely going to be the one 1star guy I miss after the transition to full 2 star, I've already cut the others, and kept him around for the events he's been boosted for.

Was sad to see his Modern version 2 star is completely different. icon_e_sad.gif
      • stochasticism
        stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Haetron wrote:
        This is likely going to be the one 1star guy I miss after the transition to full 2 star, I've already cut the others, and kept him around for the events he's been boosted for.

Was sad to see his Modern version 2 star is completely different. icon_e_sad.gif

Why not keep him around for DDQ and the occasional tourneys where 1*s are heavily boosted or required?
      • Unknown
        Options
        I possibly will! He's not often recommended as the 1 star to keep, but his instant crit tile, plus arrow stab, has saved me more matches than I can count, the only one coming close to him being Black Widow with her super stun.
      • dr tinykittylove
        dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        I started playing the game from scratch recently, and I love this guy. An underlevelled 1* roster can clear the first wave node in ddq with some effort. A team containing chawkeye will help you do it easily. Ninjas, muscle, pyros all beware!
      • Malcrof
        Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        I was just thinking, he needs a 3rd power.. maybe something like 2* torch.. blackflag.png Hawkeye shoots the enemy with a standard arrow. each turn a cd tile is placed if none exists. Tile does X damage consuming 1 - 2 black ap per turn.

Basically black ap become arrows, if he is out of arrows, no damage done!
      • Unknown
        Options
        Well, there's two issues there. First, Black is a "weak" color for him, per the wiki, and normally the ability colors are tied to the characters strong attack colors. HClassic is Red, Purple, Yellow according to tile strength.

That also means just porting his 2 star moveset down won't work either, as none of his 2 star powers are yellow.

Your idea is definitely a good idea for a power for him, however.
      • ContinuedClock
        ContinuedClock Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
        Options
        Also, why does 1* hawkeye have the least HP out of all the 1* (1320 HP)? 1* Black widow and yelena both have more at 1540 HP. Is he really supposed to be weaker than those two? I also think it would be cool to give him a 3rd power, as well as all the other 1* characters that only have 2 powers. Now that all 2* and above have 3 powers, it's time to do the same for the 1*. Even though they are not used often, I still have fun playing them in DDQ. icon_e_smile.gif
      • BlackBoltRocks
        BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options

With the addition of his Yellow power, og Hawkeye is a winfinite machine. I'm just undecided as to whether to build him 3/5/5 or 5/3/5. The former limits which tiles he can turn into crits, which hampers the winfinite. The latter means his Purple costs 9AP instead of 7AP. Perhaps a 4/4/5 compromise?

In any case, Hawkeye ascended to 5* will be amazing, just behind ascended 1* Spidey.