Do all token packs pull the entire pack at once?

JVReal
JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I've never bought a pack of tokens, only ever earned 10 packs from season progression.

I had always envisioned that it was 10 tokens, and I could pull 3 or 4 if I felt inclined and save the rest. When I earned my first 10 pack, I was surprised that it was separate, and that you had to either use all 10 at once or not at all.

It didn't bother me too much because I figured my odds with regular tokens should be the same with each pull whether I pulled today or pulled tomorrow... until the Vault arrived.

With the Vault... when you buy the 10x or the 40x... does it do 10 or 40 pulls consecutively until the 40 are used up or can you use them individually? The difference is, what if I buy a 40 pack to go after the 4*... and miraculously pull all 3 with the first 3 pulls? Am I doomed to have the other 37 pulls automatically used up on the remaining items that I don't want instead of waiting for the vault to reset... or even paying 1000HP, resetting the vault, then pulling the remaining 37 tokens?

With the vault system where every pull impacts the odds of the next (for better or worse depending on the remaining contents of the vault) it seems like the best option would be to sell the packs and store them as individual tokens or pulls and you can dictate how many you want to pull at once.

How does it actually work, and if it is all at once with no control, do you think it should be separated into individual pulls or groups of pulls?

What if you had 35 items left in the vault... could you buy a 40 pack and have 5 left when the vault empties or would you have to buy 3 10x and 5 singles?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    As IceIX explained, if only 35 items left, you will not be able to buy a 40 pack.

and yes, all 10,40,42 packs pull all at once.

and they are Exciting!!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking this too. Especially since there are no increased odds for the larger packs, why not allow them to be 40 single tokens instead of one big 40 draw?
  • Malcrof
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I was thinking this too. Especially since there are no increased odds for the larger packs, why not allow them to be 40 single tokens instead of one big 40 draw?

incorrect. Hit the little ? box on the bottom right, odds are increased for 10 and 40/42 packs over single tokens. That is the incentive.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Malcrof wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

incorrect. Hit the little ? box on the bottom right, odds are increased for 10 and 40/42 packs over single tokens. That is the incentive.

Please show where that ? button is for the Vault.....

For regular draw types that works, just not for Vault.
  • Malcrof
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

The Vault, like the old tacos, are the only exception. Odds increase in the Vault the more you pull until you get a 4* or something... plenty o math threads and spreadsheets and advanced particle quantum physics theorems in those things to show exactly how it works in whatever universe you pull from.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Malcrof wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

The Vault, like the old tacos, are the only exception. Odds increase in the Vault the more you pull until you get a 4* or something... plenty o math threads and spreadsheets and advanced particle quantum physics theorems in those things to show exactly how it works in whatever universe you pull from.

Exactly. So why couldnt a Vault 40 pack be 40x singles?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess I should have clarified. My comment was regarding just the vault tokens. I'm aware of increased odds in the other event/heroic token packs.