PVE is dying. D3 pve needs a reboot,make progression rewards

Hi All.

Who feels like pve is dying? This is the 2nd pve in a row now where the next pve reward doesn't seem/feel satisfying.

My name is Daragonpriest and I myself used to be a hardcore pve player. I used to make top 10 and i even earned top 5 earning 3 x Hulkbuster. cardpack.pngcardpack.pngcardpack.png

What made us love pve so much? I think what we loved about it the most was that it felt so good saying "Agh lemme quickly do this node, every node i do increases my chance for next cover" and when the new character comes out, pve is so tightly contested that even your most hardcore players struggles to make their standards.

D3 here an idea:

Lose these tokens. No one enjoys lousy tokens where 2stars are mainly involved.

PVE SHOULD HAVE PROGRESSION REWARDS LIKE ULTRON EVENTS AND PVP

So in every sub, if you play first progression is 1 x standard token, 500iso etC THEN a pve token.

In this current meta it's just plain and simply better to do pvp more and go so high and hit these big scores that were deemed impossible before.

Who agrees we should have progression rewards in every sub of pve? It doesn't have to be good things, it just is a start to rebooting an almost dead side to mpq.

Who feels that Pve needs a reboot?

Any comments?
Dp

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    separate progressions for subs and main story is a great idea, i would gladly take that over the token from placement in a sub.

But you would lose out on alliance rewards for sub placement, so you would need some HP in there somewhere.

ok, while writing this, i decided to expand on your idea some.

tokens in general..

PVE's should award EVENT tokens... and not separate ones each time. We have a vault now, why not make an event vault. Say for instance, this next PVE, i need none of the boosted % pull characters, i can hoard my event tokens for the next one, and they are not event specific, the vault just changes rewards each PVE.
  • Definitely progression HP prizes in PVE subs would make them more enticing.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    separate progressions for subs and main story is a great idea, i would gladly take that over the token from placement in a sub.

But you would lose out on alliance rewards for sub placement, so you would need some HP in there somewhere.

tokens in general..

PVE's should award EVENT tokens... and not separate ones each time. We have a vault now, why not make an event vault. Say for instance, this next PVE, i need none of the boosted % pull characters, i can hoard my event tokens for the next one, and they are not event specific, the vault just changes rewards each PVE.

said this a while back, they drop the ball big time with the vault. They should of done SEASON VAULT. Where every event instead of giving you the event tokens gave you VAULT tokens and the vault either reset every season or you could reset it for 1000HP.

though again the vemon PVE just got done cashed in 4 tokens and got 4 3 stars i doubt vault could of done that.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi All.

Who feels like pve is dying? This is the 2nd pve in a row now where the next pve reward doesn't seem/feel satisfying.

My name is Daragonpriest and I myself used to be a hardcore pve player. I used to make top 10 and i even earned top 5 earning 3 x Hulkbuster. cardpack.pngcardpack.pngcardpack.png

What made us love pve so much? I think what we loved about it the most was that it felt so good saying "Agh lemme quickly do this node, every node i do increases my chance for next cover" and when the new character comes out, pve is so tightly contested that even your most hardcore players struggles to make their standards.

D3 here an idea:

Lose these tokens. No one enjoys lousy tokens where 2stars are mainly involved.

PVE SHOULD HAVE PROGRESSION REWARDS LIKE ULTRON EVENTS AND PVP

So in every sub, if you play first progression is 1 x standard token, 500iso etC THEN a pve token.

In this current meta it's just plain and simply better to do pvp more and go so high and hit these big scores that were deemed impossible before.

Who agrees we should have progression rewards in every sub of pve? It doesn't have to be good things, it just is a start to rebooting an almost dead side to mpq.

Who feels that Pve needs a reboot?

Any comments?
    Dp

Were you playing a different event than everyone else for your Hulkbusters?

He was awarded in Ultron's 2nd run, so Top 5 meant you were Top 5 in your alliance of 20, not Top 5 in a bracket of 1000. And if you got 3 Hulkbusters, that meant you were in The Best or Deadpoolstacos, the only 2 alliances to finish the 2nd run and get all 3 Hulkbuster covers.

Sorry that you feel that PVE is dying. I would say that if you check the leaderboards, there are plenty of people willing to play it still. Also, the PVE bracket count threads on the forum are still pretty popular, so people are still wanting to play PVE.
  • Did you forget there was a pve event after you earn hulkbuster covers?

There WAS a pve event after ultron, you clearly don't remember?

Please don't be rude man. This is a site where we can post things and in this case about suggestions.

If you don't like what i've said please don't comment back!

Thanks everyone else for commenting
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Malcrof wrote:

tokens in general..

like the idea, but they can't code this. this is why we are stuck dealing with 2 sets of taco tokens for the vaults
    from one of my other posts:
    IceIX wrote:
    Truthcraze wrote:
    I would hazard a guess. It's probably a technical thing, so that they can have everything change over smoothly at DDQ refresh time. Is there a way to code around it? Probably. But would it be tricky, and possibly break things every five days? Probably.

Don't apply malicious intent where there are other explanations.
    Pretty much this. In order to have things run smoothly between the two events, we either need downtime to switch out the tokens or two sets of tokens. Otherwise there ends up being weird edge cases where people turn in tokens while changing time zones or somehow being out of sync with the server... all kinds of things. Those players then come home to cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria. Two token sets that rotate is a *much* smoother way of doing things.