Get rid of essential nodes in Gauntlet

Gauntlet is my favorite event type in this game. But it has one aspect that is a real bummer - essential nodes. While in other PVEs missing essential character handicaps you reducing your chances at top prizes, the same thing in Gauntlet just locks you out of top prizes plain and simple. You don't get the top prizes not because you don't play well enough or your roster is not strong enough. No, you are just not allowed to take a shot. And there is very big difference between having a slim chance and having no shot.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree to a point. I don't mind essentials, just make sure people have a chance to get the essential PRIOR to the essential node. This would solve loads of issues.

On the other hand.. if you are finishing the gauntlet, chances are you have the chars.

on the 3rd hand (Ganesha is speaking now) 4* essentials are the exception, and some oddball 3*'s.. many do not have or need them due to roster slot limitations.

on the 4th hand .. (if you are referring to the Ant-Man PVE coming up, we will need even more hands)... Ultron Prime, Carnage, Thing for final node next gauntlet will be fun!

on the 5th hand. (closing in on arachnid now) i think there should be 2 gauntlets, one that awards a 4* and one that awards a 3*, easy and hard.. once you pick one, the other goes away, choose wisely.

on the 6th hand.. (the one scratching things you hope no-one catches you scratching).. essentials are incentives for people to use teams they may never normally use .. take the venom heroic.. i can count on 1 hand where outside of the prologue i had used spidey, now i have 3 workable teams if i want to use him, because i had no choice

on the 7th and final hand....(in Marvel phase 2, a hand was cut off in each movie/show, so there will be no 8th) With no more community scaling, essentials are the 1 thing that vets have over lower levels to keep things on an even keel.