Do Heroics scale?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
As in, since I cannot defeat not even ONE of my nodes with my B, C, D, F Teams, I am having to defeat them with my A Teams. The problem there is that my A Teams are all boosted WAAAAAY higher than the otherwise unbeatable nodes.

And the main thing that jumps your own PERSONAL scaling is beating nodes with characters who are x amount above the node levels, right?

So basically, am I screwing myself for the next PvE? And heck, am I even screwing myself for the next sub in THIS very same PvE?

:+/

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Levels don't mess up your scaling.
    But since you'll be clearing these nodes so easily with your boosted characters without taking damage, that _will_ mess up your scaling.

You're screwing yourself for all PVEs to come, since personal scaling will never go down again.
  • TLCstormz
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Although, your initial node levels are calculated by your roster levels, including boosted characters.

Or so they say.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Although, your initial node levels are calculated by your roster levels, including boosted characters.

Or so they say.
    Yes, and they're wrong.
    Boosted characters are not included in the calculation - else all those 1* people with 1-covered essential characters would have Level 100+ enemies.

So calculation is based on character levels before boosts.

The display of the nodes takes into account boosted levels - meaning it'll say "Easy" instead of "Deadly", but it won't influence the levels themself.

The problem with Heroics is, scaling is based on your whole roster - which means, if you have a maxed XF and Thor, but they are locked out, you still get enemy levels scaled to those two chars.

We've been begging them for a very long time to base scaling on useable chars, not your whole roster, but they never changed it.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Mix your teams up. Try taking 1 guy from your A-team, and a couple guys that are weaker, preferably that also tank different colors. The main idea is to exit the battle taking at least some damage. This is where I get a lot of mileage from keeping my 1 and 2* characters, and pair them with my 3*'s.

Also, levels aren't everything. A guy like Spiderman, even boosted to a really high level, won't mess your scaling as much as, say, LThor, because he won't really help you kill your opponents faster or easier.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    It won't matter *that* much on Heroics, as long as you're sufficiently struggling on the tougher nodes. Stomping on the trivial nodes with the weakest characters you have (even if "weakest" means outleveling it by about 60-80 levels) will be balanced out by your performance on the normal/hard nodes.

I'm running out of lower leveled characters myself and haven't noticed a difference in personal scaling at all. It is worth noting that I'll frequently skip out on high end normal/hard nodes if I don't have to do them. I do the least amount of work necessary to stay in the top 50.
  • TLCstormz
    My entire roster was dead and I'd only beaten 4 of the nodes. lol

Yes, they should really rethink this.
  • There is no community scaling for the current Venom Heroic event.

If the node levels are really too high to handle, try to suicide your entire roster before ending each play session. Keep at it and this will bring your personal scaling down eventually. You may also find that some nodes are more responsive to tanking than others, but we do not yet know how that is determined.