need a little help

I've been scrolling tips but not come across what I'm looking for. As my characters training and roster increases the stories get harder. Exponentially harder. Anyways, I've got a bunch of level 40 characters with only one card I don't really use Cuz I'm waiting to see what other cards show to start building my the start base while I'm training my two stars. But the stories are too hard now! It's it because of the larger roster? What factors go into deciding the level of characters I battle? Because I want to know if I should sell some 3 star to build my 2s more, without making the stories harder. Or would it be better to level up my 2s evenly so everyone grows slow or level one up massively and neglect the rest? A lot of thought goes into knowing how the cycling stories ate getting their character force. Someone please explain!

Thank you so much.

Comments

• I see it's called scaling and there's a lot of debate on community vs personal scaling but there still isn't anything to explain how scaling is composed. Please help, as it would definitely help strategy.

Ex I have one level 70 I can't really use and in my roster is a great 40 with 2 covers, if I switch will it make the difficulty go down a little? ?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey poly, welcome to the forums.

Are you still on the prologue missions or are you talking about a pve event like the venom heroic that's running right now?

There is no scaling in the prologue (story) missions. If I remember correctly, they do get harder at a point and you kind of have to grind a bit to level up some 2* characters to get over the hump. It's been a long time since I was in that position so I'm a little foggy. I would try to not sell off 3* characters just to get the iso to level your 2*s unless you really have to. Those 3* characters will allow you to play parts of the Daily Deadpool mission that you wouldn't be able to without them, plus allowing you to play essential nodes in pve events.

I would definitely try to bring up your 2* characters 2-3 at a time. For me Thor and Orig Black Widow carried my team for a long time. Play a little bit in lightning rounds and pvp. Even though you can't really compete yet, you'll get some valuable iso and 2* covers.

Good luck!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the big question, roster spots.

If you can afford it, buy some Hero Points and get as many roster spots as you possibly can. try and keep all 2 and 3*'s if possible.

Focus on leveling 2*'s, but keep the leveling even, so do not level 1 to 94 while the others are level 40.

Do not level 3*'s above any of your 2*'s until you have multiple 3*'s with 10 covers ready to rock.

FINISH the prologue. and by FINISH i mean FINISH, get all rewards possible. Loads of Hero Points in there to get you some roster slots. Do a small PVP fight here and there, maybe a couple nodes in a PVE (events) .. but do not spend Hero Points on anything but Roster Slots until you have 60 or so slots (yes, i spent real because i hadn't found the forums and thought ooo wonder if i can buy a cover for 2* thor green!) those covers will come fast and easy later on.

Go as far as you can in Deadpools Daily Quest every day. If you can finish the 2nd part and get a vault token, it will guarentee a 2*, but hold off on using the tokens until you have an open spot, just in case you get a 4* or a new 3*.

Read the guide to leveling https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

some info is outdated, but loads of amazing treats in there.

hope this helps some!

Lastly, if you are not in an alliance yet, post in the alliance section of the forum and find a beginners alliance. These will help you earn Hero Points quickly, as well as tokens and covers.