Grace Period for Sales

What's the grace period for sales, or does such a thing exist? If I were to buy a Loonies today and in a week they have an HP sale can I ticket for the difference or is it one of those "too bad so sad" situations?

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Case by case basis. We have no 100% set policy for it (for pretty obvious reasons).
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Case by case basis. We have no 100% set policy for it (for pretty obvious reasons).

wouldnt that cause more problems? One person gets a refund yet another dont
  • IceIX wrote:
    That's fair enough. I'm tempted to buy a Stark but would kick myself if I did and there was a sale. I'll just have to be patient. Thank you for the fast response Ice!
  • IceIX
    slidecage wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Not really. For example, if players know that there is a grace period for 48 hours 100% of the time then they will essentially see all sales as lasting 48 hours before and after that sale. Which also means that more players will take advantage of that situation and thus generate more tickets than they would if they just purchased during the sale in the first place.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I thought sales were targeted anyway?
  • IceIX
    Spoit wrote:
    There are targeted sales, platform specific sales, and game-wide sales. We do constant targeted sales through an algorithm that I don't know the specifics of. Platform sales are things like the Steam Summer Sale recently. Game-wide are things like the Anniversary sale or the like where everyone can get in on it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    There are targeted sales, platform specific sales, and game-wide sales. We do constant targeted sales through an algorithm that I don't know the specifics of. Platform sales are things like the Steam Summer Sale recently. Game-wide are things like the Anniversary sale or the like where everyone can get in on it.

So when's the next game-wide sale? icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    gotta be soon - seems like its been a loooong time... I need a sale icon_e_wink.gif
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    While we're on the subject of sales, would it really hurt to round the HP bonus to the nearest 25HP? I'm sitting here with X995 HP, and my OCD is seriously twitching.
  • Would it hurt to just have one? icon_e_wink.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Steam has had SEVERAL sales, yes?

What's up with the non-love that Android gets? lol. (and no, I'm not talking about the fact that some Android users are STILL locked out of their game for weeks, now)