LR's start - game crashes on steam

SnowcaTT
SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
I've had the lightning rounds crash on me three times already this week, on two different PC's using Steam (both running Win7).

Previously when LR's would start I would have to click over to a different tab (like events) then back to get the countdown to clear away, otherwise it would sit at 0:00 forever and not let me in.

Recently that went away, and now it has a fade-out of that countdown and I can click right into event when it starts. Sometimes this works, but it is at that point (before I start any fights, or even click on any seed nodes) that the game crashes.

I can get back in with about half of the seed teams that I usually see remaining (possibly since I'm still in event in first minute), more than the base three but less than typical.

I think my personal work-around will be to enter another event screen again and go into the LR after that, I'm wondering if the fade/opening is what is causing the crash. It also is crashing when I click to go in right away, maybe it will work better if I sit for 30 seconds.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have you tried on Windows 10? it works flawlessly.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

Both I've registered for Win10, thought it wasn't out yet...but this might be sarcasm that I missed, since that is the REASON I'm only going to be updating one to start, we'll see how awfully that goes.

By clicking on other events and then going into LR's, haven't had a crash in the three I've tried. I don't know if it's just waiting for the event to fully load, or waiting for the animation to go away - either way, this is a temporary work-around for this possible PC-crash bug.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Both I've registered for Win10, thought it wasn't out yet...but this might be sarcasm that I missed, since that is the REASON I'm only going to be updating one to start, we'll see how awfully that goes.

By clicking on other events and then going into LR's, haven't had a crash in the three I've tried. I don't know if it's just waiting for the event to fully load, or waiting for the animation to go away - either way, this is a temporary work-around for this possible PC-crash bug.

Actually, you cam download the newest test release early here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

i have been running it for 6 months+ it is hella stable and the new interface ( i have tiling turned off, desktop mode only) is magic.