Random things I've noticed about the Vault so far

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
1) The featured characters are arranged, left to right, in the order in which they appear in the Big Enchilada. I mean, could certainly be coincidence. Could be the devs going "yeah you guys have the pattern and we're not going to monkey with it so why obscure it?" Either way, kinda cool.

2) If a featured character also has a random cover in the vault, there must be an ID tag or something that differentiates. I pulled icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png today, but it tagged the random cover with the checkmark rather than the lone greenflag.png in the featured column.

3) The checkmarks give one the ability, on a five-day basis, to track pulls in the Vault. I can look at mine and go "okay, I've had a icon_blade.pngpurpleflag.png , a icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , and six 2* covers so far." I mean, I can track that by hand also, but it's kind of nice to be able to have that overview at any point in the cycle without having to open a spreadsheet.

4) I noticed when I pulled icon_captainamerica.pngstar.pngstar.pngyellowflag.png with my first sweet taco today that it didn't give me a silver or a gold flash before it revealed the cover to let me know which variant it was. It just stopped on Cap's shield, did its little animation, and then threw the cover up there. Some of the characters having multiple variants, such as icon_wolverine.png , it can be tough to know when to pump the fist. Many are fairly obvious, of course; when it stopped on icon_punisher.png today, I knew I'd gotten a good pull. But with characters like icon_storm.png , icon_wolverine.png , icon_captainamerica.png and icon_blackwidow.png you have to wait that extra beat before you know if you got something "good." Not sure how I feel about that.

Comments

• DFiPL wrote:
    1) The featured characters are arranged, left to right, in the order in which they appear in the Big Enchilada. I mean, could certainly be coincidence. Could be the devs going "yeah you guys have the pattern and we're not going to monkey with it so why obscure it?" Either way, kinda cool.

2) If a featured character also has a random cover in the vault, there must be an ID tag or something that differentiates. I pulled icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png today, but it tagged the random cover with the checkmark rather than the lone greenflag.png in the featured column.

3) The checkmarks give one the ability, on a five-day basis, to track pulls in the Vault. I can look at mine and go "okay, I've had a icon_blade.pngpurpleflag.png , a icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , and six 2* covers so far." I mean, I can track that by hand also, but it's kind of nice to be able to have that overview at any point in the cycle without having to open a spreadsheet.

4) I noticed when I pulled icon_captainamerica.pngstar.pngstar.pngyellowflag.png with my first sweet taco today that it didn't give me a silver or a gold flash before it revealed the cover to let me know which variant it was. It just stopped on Cap's shield, did its little animation, and then threw the cover up there. Some of the characters having multiple variants, such as icon_wolverine.png , it can be tough to know when to pump the fist. Many are fairly obvious, of course; when it stopped on icon_punisher.png today, I knew I'd gotten a good pull. But with characters like icon_storm.png , icon_wolverine.png , icon_captainamerica.png and icon_blackwidow.png you have to wait that extra beat before you know if you got something "good." Not sure how I feel about that.

The anticipation is killer.... I think that is done on purpose.

Because I hate slot machines, I close my eyes when I hit the button count to 10 and then open them to see what I got. I get frustrated when the one that I really wanted is passed up for garbage.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    traedoril wrote:

Because I hate slot machines, I close my eyes when I hit the button count to 10 and then open them to see what I got. I get frustrated when the one that I really wanted is passed up for garbage.
    Yeah, I have to have my wife push the button... I find myself watching all the emblems and hesitating when to push, as if I had any control over what actually came up depending on what I push, the "wheel" always spins a few extra clicks past what you push it on anyway and it's random what comes next, I didn't see any discernible pattern when I watched the wheel for a while watching for Nick Fury's logo and seeing what came before and after it.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone bothered to record a full "spin" of the wheel? Like if you let it spin for 300 items, will it repeat a pattern?

I highly highly doubt it is a predefined order, but I imagine someone here is crazy enough to try.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Put up a camera and let it roll, icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    traedoril wrote:

Endorphins are released when you expect a reward not when you get it, it's weird that you don't enjoy that. You're a reverse addict. icon_e_wink.gif