Seeing people's rosters

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that we can see other people's rosters in tournaments I think it would be a good idea if in the next patch we could choose to fight against the people we see in our brackets. I think it would be more interesting and would stop the guy in 1st place who always seems to have the weakest teams from been there(currently in the no holds barred tourny the guy in 1st has 3 covers, the highest been 26, uh huh makes perfect sense) I personally would like this to happen. Means more of a chance to even things out.

Comments

• The tourney started an hour ago, probably he just have 2-3 victories vs the bots.
  • nope he has over 400 points and counting, while im on 100 and facing loads of 85's as usual
  • Hmm, sounds very suspicious. Might want to screenshot it and send a ticket in.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    already did lol its getting a bit stupid how often this happens. the guy in 1st place in the heroic mode has over 4000 more points than 2nd place and his highest cover is a 28 storm plus 3 other heroes hmmmmmm
  • Well I give up in this No Holds Barred already. I played 4 games and during those 4 games I was attacked 8 times by people with level 100's and 85's.

This game is getting harder and harder to switch on and enjoy
  • Now that we can see other people's rosters in tournaments I think it would be a good idea if in the next patch we could choose to fight against the people we see in our brackets. I think it would be more interesting and would stop the guy in 1st place who always seems to have the weakest teams from been there(currently in the no holds barred tourny the guy in 1st has 3 covers, the highest been 28, uh huh makes perfect sense) I personally would like this to happen. Means more of a chance to even things out.

except for the fact that it would be even worse than it was before. The second you get to first (or top 10 for that matter) you just get absolutely destroyed by everyone attacking you because you are worth the most points. Not to mention if they have a worse team than you. I know I don't want to be able to be targeted by people with full 3 star rosters.
  • I'm targeted by people with full rosters leveled up constantly and my highest level is a 70 Wolverine. So that already happens
  • This would be a great system actually all you have to do is add a limit to how many times a person can get attacked within an hour (maybe even 30min) and it solves the problem of people dropping. Keep shields in play and it all evens out.

I've seen that other marvel game do that during events... marvel heros has a system where you have basically an hour vs another team and everyone on your team has a value they are worth depending on their team but every time you get attacked the values go down and when you get attacked a certain number of times too quick the value becomes 0 to other players. Once you attack it goes back up. I may not be explaining it properly but it's very balanced and makes things really fun in the little events.
  • elracing21 wrote:
    This would be a great system actually all you have to do is add a limit to how many times a person can get attacked within an hour (maybe even 30min) and it solves the problem of people dropping. Keep shields in play and it all evens out.

I've seen that other marvel game do that during events... marvel heros has a system where you have basically an hour vs another team and everyone on your team has a value they are worth depending on their team but every time you get attacked the values go down and when you get attacked a certain number of times too quick the value becomes 0 to other players. Once you attack it goes back up. I may not be explaining it properly but it's very balanced and makes things really fun in the little events.

Maybe, but I think a simpler solution is just to halve the number of points you lose when attacked. If I'm worth 30 points to you, you can have them, but I only lose 15.
  • elracing21 wrote:
    This would be a great system actually all you have to do is add a limit to how many times a person can get attacked within an hour (maybe even 30min) and it solves the problem of people dropping. Keep shields in play and it all evens out.

Maybe, but I think a simpler solution is just to halve the number of points you lose when attacked. If I'm worth 30 points to you, you can have them, but I only lose 15.

It is much simpler but I feel that would involve a huge rebuilding of the scoring system in order to keep bottom players from getting ****.
  • Maybe, but I think a simpler solution is just to halve the number of points you lose when attacked. If I'm worth 30 points to you, you can have them, but I only lose 15.
    Top placement in that - vaguely reasonable rosters all round assumed - goes to whoever can play for 36 hours straight. Turns it into a grindfest, for which we already have PvE when it's working.

I don't have any constructive thoughts at the moment about making PvP work more to people's satisfaction, but I don't think that's it. Demiurge has been clear that they want the tournaments to be competitive, not to favor grinding your way ahead.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm telling you a score modifier streak bonus for not skipping would do it!
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    I'm telling you a score modifier streak bonus for not skipping would do it!

+1 I really like this idea. Rewards doesn't punish.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Top placement in that - vaguely reasonable rosters all round assumed - goes to whoever can play for 36 hours straight. Turns it into a grindfest, for which we already have PvE when it's working.

I don't have any constructive thoughts at the moment about making PvP work more to people's satisfaction, but I don't think that's it. Demiurge has been clear that they want the tournaments to be competitive, not to favor grinding your way ahead.

And that's a problem because?
    I keep asking that question without any supporter of this 0-sum madness bothered to answer except repeating the quoted lines. icon_e_sad.gif

So how it is worth i someone winning the most matches wins a tournament compared to current random madness, dependance on seconds of when the -200 pts hit vs. when you one goes back behind the shields?

Sure, pure grindfest is bad but same grindfest with just passing the same points pack around between people in small subgroups without progressing anywhere is WAY worse IMNSHO.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    And that's a problem because?
    I keep asking that question without any supporter of this 0-sum madness bothered to answer except repeating the quoted lines. icon_e_sad.gif

So how it is worth i someone winning the most matches wins a tournament compared to current random madness, dependance on seconds of when the -200 pts hit vs. when you one goes back behind the shields?

Sure, pure grindfest is bad but same grindfest with just passing the same points pack around between people in small subgroups without progressing anywhere is WAY worse IMNSHO.
    I think it's desirable for the PvP to be something else because (functioning) PvE already rewards dedicated grind above all else. Well, that and playing the rubber band for best effort:payoff. What else, I confess I don't really know at the moment. A lot of people are undoubtedly dissatisfied with where it's sitting at the moment. I don't hate it, probably in large part because I've had little trouble gaming it for what I consider reasonable returns - sniping a top 45 entirely for free is still eminently feasible, and if you want top 15/5/1, you're looking for luck and a shielding strategy that fits your HP budget. You absolutely don't have to be spending money on shields to do that unless you want top 5 in every tournament, because the HP freebies from playing unshielded and PvE cover the cost when you really want that Spidey blue or whatever, even at the inflated shield prices, though I still seriously don't approve of the 8hr & 24hr cost.

It seems almost to be getting overlooked in all the shields, invisibility when shielded, progression awards go up, progression awards go down, shield costs double, shield costs halve, shield costs double again kerfuffle that they've damn near gone full circle. Shields were introduced, as far as I understood (may have this wrong as was relatively new at the time), because people didn't like being stuck in a ravening mob where no one had much hope of topping a 700 rating and anyone getting 1000 was legendary. Now we're right back in that position, except a few people can break ahead for minutes or seconds and pay to stay there. Given everyone's clustered again, I do think it'd be an improvement if they reverted to the pre-shield match-making that required you to be within shouting distance of someone's rating before you could attack them. That would reduce the big hits everyone's frustrated by. It's also how any real sport works, which is what Demiurge seems to want to build out of this Bejeweled derivative in defiance of any common sense. We all know anyone can beat anyone, but in the kind of systems they seem to be trying to emulate you don't get a shot at the title fight until your record shows you might win it. I'm almost sure the runaway problem that created in combination with shields would be eliminated by matching on percentiles, not absolute rating, but I'm probably being naive.