The name is Grimm...Ben Grimm

fight4thedream
fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
That Ben Grimm is a mighty man!

I have seen my share of wonders and incredible feats while playing MPQ but what Ben was able to accomplish in The Hunt certainly takes the cake. A feat so amazing and grand I am still left in awe at the spirit of determination and will power he demonstrated. I had the honor of not only being bracket buddies with Mr. Grimm but also of running side by side with him before he pulled of a miracle for the ages.

It was the second sub of the Hunt with the final grind right ahead of us. I had just passed Ben to take 13th before I went to bed and was hoping we would both be able to make it into the Top 10 (In my naivete I even worried that I might bump him out of the Top 10 although I knew Ben would not want any "favors"). Well my fellow forumers, I was wrong. Very wrong. By the end of the second sub, Ben Grimm had managed to climb from 14th to 2nd in a 4* character release event. Wonder of wonders!

It seems that the stars aligned and the MPQ gods smiled upon our good man Grimm so that he could seize victory and victory he did seize as he was able to maintain his 2nd position till the end of the event. This has got to be the greatest come from behind victory in PvE and although I did not fair quite as well, I wish to congratulate the idol of millions on his victory. Good show Ben! We were in a Hell bracket but you managed to do the impossible!

Proof for those that would not believe:

1435716486715_zps0k06eten.png
1435716501599_zpsnacfxmsy.png

Comments

• It only seems right that mr Grimm gets the character he has hoped for for so long.
  • I never doubted Mr. Grimm's 4-cover victory. Not even for a second.

And did you catch his post about the pop-up he got from Demi? With a Cover included??

I feel it is a clear sign that things are starting to go right in MPQlandia now that Ben is running around out there with a 5-covered icon_thing.png .
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never doubted Mr. Grimm's 4-cover victory. Not even for a second.

And did you catch his post about the pop-up he got from Demi? With a Cover included??

I feel it is a clear sign that things are starting to go right in MPQlandia now that Ben is running around out there with a 5-covered icon_thing.png .

Woah! I saw that he had a red cover but thought he must have gotten a lucky token pull but if that's true good on Demiurge. It's gestures like that which restores my faith in the game and company. And yes, things are definitely starting to look up icon_e_smile.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor

I didn't. Link?
  • I put it in the "positive" thread. IceIX and Hi-Fi were kind enough to gift me a red cover. I sent them both thank-you notes.

I wish I had gotten a screen grab; it was a cool gesture but it caught me off guard.

And that was tough, but it was immensely helped by the application of large amounts of HP - I probably spent close to 2000 HP during this PVE on boosts and (mostly) health packs. The thing of it is: most people, even people who finish top two, don't grind down every node five or six times on a 4* character release with insane scaling, so if you do, you can jump ahead of the pack and make up any deficits you have. I hadn't allowed enough time to grind down at the end of the first sub, and was worried I wouldn't get top ten, and would be out of a yellow cover entirely. Since the 2k HP got me two 4* covers I would have wanted to buy anyway, I'd say it was a good investment.

That said, I don't see doing this again anytime soon. It was rewarding, and got me what I wanted, but I don't think I'd do it for anybody but the Thing.

Thanks for all the support, everyone.
  • jffdougan wrote:

I didn't. Link?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29462&start=220#p376481
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthGlitter...

some of the names i see on lists are fun.

Very nice work Ben! I hit 60k+ , in my bracket (think Puerto Rico won the bracket) it was good enough for #31! So you are now on my roster!
  • Malcrof wrote:
    DarthGlitter...

Very nice work Ben! I hit 60k+ , in my bracket (think Puerto Rico won the bracket) it was good enough for #31! So you are now on my roster!

Just remember, if I'm onscreen, I can see whatever you're doing.

So, please, for my sake, and that of the other characters in the game, everybody, wear pants. Don't you know why Captain Marvel's got that weird expression on her face?
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Ben Grimm wrote:

So, please, for my sake, and that of the other characters in the game, everybody, wear pants.
    Not wearing pants while playing with the Thing? What are we talking about, now?

(runs and hides)
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    DarthGlitter...

Just remember, if I'm onscreen, I can see whatever you're doing.

So, please, for my sake, and that of the other characters in the game, everybody, wear pants. Don't you know why Captain Marvel's got that weird expression on her face?

Well you do know that the Thing in the new F4 movie does not wear pants right?
  • Well you do know that the Thing in the new F4 movie does not wear pants right?

That movie doesn't exist, and nothing you say will convince me it does.