You're so n00b with The Thing

kensterr
kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
RdkiEP5.jpg

The picture says it all.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Looks like a screenshot of The Thing in transition from ready pose to combat pose. It's mid animation.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    No IceIX... he's blocking the board and he's not mid animation. However you can try it out yourself on the Steam version of MPQ. Might be just something wrong with my gameplay if no one else is having this problem.
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    486 is fist's attack tile. Opponent's turn is just over. Thing should be in passive position?

And blocking the corner.
  • IceIX
    Huh. You're right. You can still navigate via the tooltips on the tile and match up behind his arm though, so it's not a blocker. Or rather, it is. But it isn't.

Still, nice find!
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    It's like the Nintendog from Smash Bros. It's an intended feature!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demiurge QA
  • IceIX
    fmftint wrote:
    Demiurge QA
    I'll note that it was found already prior to release. Checked the database, it's in there. *I* simply didn't know about the bug. That being said, it's not something that destroys gameplay. If that's all that would have stopped his release and it were purely my choice, I would ship with it anyway. Games will have bugs.

Edit: Also not saying it won't be fixed. Definitely in the queue icon_e_smile.gif
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Demiurge QA
    I'll note that it was found already prior to release. Checked the database, it's in there. *I* simply didn't know about the bug. That being said, it's not something that destroys gameplay. If that's all that would have stopped his release and it were purely my choice, I would ship with it anyway. Games will have bugs.

Edit: Also not saying it won't be fixed. Definitely in the queue icon_e_smile.gif

That seems like a pretty big bug to me. I'd be ashamed to knowingly ship code like that.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    RdkiEP5.jpg

The picture says it all.

But, most importantly, did you win?
  • IceIX
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    That seems like a pretty big bug to me. I'd be ashamed to knowingly ship code like that.
    If this were an unpatchable (or difficult to patch) console game, I'd agree. Get this fixed before ship.

However, what we've got here is:
    PC Only - Single SKU out of the 3 available, does not occur on the other two (even if the graphics issue does occur, it doesn't block anything on mobile due to UI layout)
    Graphics issue - Not an actual mechanics bug, it doesn't stop functionality
    Does not stop gameplay - You can still not only identify the tiles beneath but interact with them
    Reliant on resolution - The most common gaming resolution, 1920x1080 only covers 3 tiles, 1600x1200 mostly covers 1

All mitigating factors for a "We can hit this post-ship" in a living digital title for me.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    That's why you don't mess with the Thing