A Happy post

KingDon
KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
There can be a lot of doom and gloom on the forums but today I have decided to post a happy post

I am a f2p player, having only dropped £20ish on the game during a sale last year, I am around the 530 day mark so would consider myself a vet of the game having been here for the highs and the lows.

While I happily place in the Top 100 for PVE and Top 150 for PVP (although recently I have been placing in the Top 50 for PVE thanks to Nothern Polarity's PVE Guide....I can't find the link but its out there somewhere) I have struggled in the past to get past 800 pts without being hit back down during a round to push the score up (being FTP means I have never had a large stash of Hero Points to use on shields (these are reserved for roster slots))

But today.....today I have not only smashed my PVP record but have successfully made it over 1000 pts for the icon_carnage.png reward (I was running 120 icon_gamora.png 166 icon_hood.png 151 icon_punisher.png

I only used 1 x 3hr and 1 x 8hr shield and am sitting pretty in the Top 10, I do not expect to stay there as I do not need the Mohawk rewards so have remained un-shielded for the remainder of this event (1am GMT) please feel free to attack and take as many points as you can off me (I won't be making the charge to 1300, I will wait until an event with a different reward)

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    good job. once you taste it once, it eats at you to get there again. I couldn't push high enough in the first event - couldn't find enough points out there. I had assumed that with the added 1300 cover, many that had been going to 1000 and stopping would push higher and there'd be more pts this season, but hasn't been so yet.
  • KingDon wrote:
    I am a f2p player, having only dropped £20ish

nice try, nothing to see here folks
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    raisinbman wrote:
    KingDon wrote:

It's cool, the OP is also just a little pregnant, but is paradoxically also sort of a virgin?

icon_e_wink.gif
  • raisinbman wrote:
    KingDon wrote:

I would say one can still be F2P if they spent a few bucks here and there to buy token packs as a noob. If OP spent his 20 on a token pack, I can't imagine it really progressed his roster by that much.

I think I spent like $5 within the first few months I started. I was so excited to get more 2* wolvie that I didn't bat an eye.

Derailment aside: Congrats OP! Super satisfying to earn a 4* cover, especially for the first time. Best of luck in future PvPs!
  • raisinbman wrote:
    KingDon wrote:

I would say one can still be F2P if they spent a few bucks here and there to buy token packs as a noob. If OP spent his 20 on a token pack, I can't imagine it really progressed his roster by that much.

I think I spent like $5 within the first few months I started. I was so excited to get more 2* wolvie that I didn't bat an eye.

Derailment aside: Congrats OP! Super satisfying to earn a 4* cover, especially for the first time. Best of luck in future PvPs!
    When you start off your post with a white lie, how much else should we believe, hmm?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    KingDon wrote:
    I only used 1 x 3hr and 1 x 8hr shield and am sitting pretty in the Top 10, I do not expect to stay there as I do not need the Mohawk rewards so have remained un-shielded for the remainder of this event (1am GMT) please feel free to attack and take as many points as you can off me (I won't be making the charge to 1300, I will wait until an event with a different reward)

You might have better luck in your pvp placement if you are able to make your climbs and use those shields more strategically. If you use that 3hr shield when there's 10:15 - 10:00 left, and then jump and use the 8hr around the 7:15 left, you're not going to be at maximal sniping time and you should have a decent number of high value targets to choose from.

If you're not able to climb and jump reasonably well in those periods, then all the hp/shields/health packs in the world wouldn't help you get much higher based on your team and the competition in your shard. (I.e., your team was good this time and you played well, so you did well! GG!)